Jersey Bill

BackPocket9Ball

Verified Member
From
Philadelphia
Jersey Bill is Bill Hendrixson (sometimes people think his last name is Henderson). Very strong one pocket player from Northern New Jersey. He is very knowledgeable as well.

Jersey Mel is also from the same area. He was also a strong player, but not sure he plays anymore.

Judging from what I've heard of John Henderson's game, a game between John and Bill would be pretty even.

Deeman

Verified Member
Damn! Now there are TWO John H's we have to look out for??????

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Lessons

Lessons

Just because this guy's a hacker, it doesn't mean he can or can't teach. He probably plays better than most of the teachers. The teachers don't like to talk about how they play, they say it's being able to teach that's important. I believe that's true. We had another hacker here who wanted to sell lessons for $500.00 or $5000.00 or whatever it was, but I don't believe he sold any.
Rod. <----just my thoughts ;)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
BackPocket9Ball said:
Jersey Bill is Bill Hendrixson (sometimes people think his last name is Henderson). Very strong one pocket player from Northern New Jersey. He is very knowledgeable as well.

Jersey Mel is also from the same area. He was also a strong player, but not sure he plays anymore.

Judging from what I've heard of John Henderson's game, a game between John and Bill would be pretty even.

Jersey Mel, Is this the Mel that plays in Lodi?

BackPocket9Ball

Verified Member
From
Philadelphia
jtompilot said:
Does Bill play much better than Mel?

I've played Mel twice in Lodi and really like his game. He's a smart player.

I've played them both, though it was about 5 years ago. I think Bill's a better player. Their reputation bears that out as well, i believe.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
BackPocket9Ball said:
I've played them both, though it was about 5 years ago. I think Bill's a better player. Their reputation bears that out as well, i believe.

I live fairly close to Lodi, CA and am not aware of a pool room there or a Mel that plays one pocket. Is this in Lodi, CA?

BackPocket9Ball

Verified Member
From
Philadelphia
jrhendy said:
I live fairly close to Lodi, CA and am not aware of a pool room there or a Mel that plays one pocket. Is this in Lodi, CA?

Thus why Mel's nickname is "Jersey" Mel. It's Lodi, NJ, just outside NYC.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
BackPocket9Ball said:

Hey Reza.....Sounds like Bill and Mel play somewhere's around Flaco and Slim's speed - is that about right?

- Ghost

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
I thought it was $50,000 but I've been wrong before:eek: .

The actual figure was $30,000...I was all ready to pop for it,...until I found out he was from CHICAGO... Otherwise known as "The land of president's,(with ZERO qualifications, other than a smooth talking, prompter reading, thinks he is God..A##hole)... PHONY HEALTH CARE BILLS,...and scam artitst's"..:p

San <---In trying to keep it pool related....wishes Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Obama,...would to be sentenced to playing one pocket with Artie, for the rest of their natural lives...for a billion a game..:cool: (or shot at sunrise...whichever would be more painful...:mad:)

Last edited:

BackPocket9Ball

Verified Member
From
Philadelphia
One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey Reza.....Sounds like Bill and Mel play somewhere's around Flaco and Slim's speed - is that about right?

- Ghost

Flaco is a level above all those you mentioned above. He can certainly make a case for best one pocket player in NYC. I put him at Santos' speed.

Slim is a great undercover player. He's also getting up there in age, as is Bill. They're probably about even. I've heard great things about Mel's game, but I've only ever seen him play once and that was against me. He seemed over the hill, but he could have been having a bad day. I didn't really want to stick around for a long session because that room he played at in Lodi, NJ gave me the creeps and seemed very Italian Mafioso.

As far as Bill goes -- and I have no problem calling it as it is since I'm no longer around the game -- he's a snake. Even by pool subculture standards. He'd steer his mom into a bad game. And he's certainly not a gunslinger like Freddy was or I've heard John H. is. If he's in a game, he's 100% sure he's got a 3-ball advantage. That being said, he's a very knowledgable player and I know that Pat Fleming has had him up in the Accu-Stats booth several times in the past. In particular I remember him commentating on a Cliff-Buddy match from 2000 or 2001. He's had a string of top 20 to 30 DCC finishes under the names Henderson and Hendrickson (his real name). As you can tell, I don't have a lot of respect for him as a person, but I do have respect for his game.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
San <---In trying to keep it pool related....wishes Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Obama,... (or shot at sunrise...whichever would be more painful...:mad:)

Certainly you realize that the Secret Service does not take lightly threats to the presidents life. With some of your whack-job acquaintances still lurking here I wouldn't put it past them to drop a dime.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
BackPocket9Ball said:
Flaco is a level above all those you mentioned above. He can certainly make a case for best one pocket player in NYC. I put him at Santos' speed.

Slim is a great undercover player. He's also getting up there in age, as is Bill. They're probably about even. I've heard great things about Mel's game, but I've only ever seen him play once and that was against me. He seemed over the hill, but he could have been having a bad day. I didn't really want to stick around for a long session because that room he played at in Lodi, NJ gave me the creeps and seemed very Italian Mafioso.

As far as Bill goes -- and I have no problem calling it as it is since I'm no longer around the game -- he's a snake. Even by pool subculture standards. He'd steer his mom into a bad game. And he's certainly not a gunslinger like Freddy was or I've heard John H. is. If he's in a game, he's 100% sure he's got a 3-ball advantage. That being said, he's a very knowledgable player and I know that Pat Fleming has had him up in the Accu-Stats booth several times in the past. In particular I remember him commentating on a Cliff-Buddy match from 2000 or 2001. He's had a string of top 20 to 30 DCC finishes under the names Henderson and Hendrickson (his real name). As you can tell, I don't have a lot of respect for him as a person, but I do have respect for his game.

I believe this Bill Henderson shoots with a Mottey, could be wrong but I am pretty sure I have seen the guy before when I lived in NY.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
BackPocket9Ball said:
...I have no problem calling it as it is since I'm no longer around the game...
Reza, don't tell me you quit playing pool?:confused: You're still young, and are a good one-pocket player. Are you still living in the same city?

Best regards~ Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
BackPocket9Ball said:

Slim is a great undercover player. He's also getting up there in age, as is Bill. They're probably about even.

Yeah, when I was in New York about 6 years ago, I walked into the poolroom and Flaco was practicing on a tough 4-1/8" pocket table - I didn't know who he was...I watched him smoothly and effortlessly pocketing balls from everywhere, with every kind of english - he probably missed like 2 shots in 20 minutes...I decided I probably shouldn't ask him to play, lol...

I did play Slim one night though - I forget if I told you that before...we played for about 4-5 hours and I wound up 2 games loser...I liked him and enjoyed playing him, but man does he squeeze....Artie would approve of his game - he was one of the squeezingest players I ever played - but not because he couldn't make the shots, he could shoot real straight when he wanted to..he just couldn't stand having to show any speed, lol.

- Ghost

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Yeah, when I was in New York about 6 years ago, I walked into the poolroom and Flaco was practicing on a tough 4-1/8" pocket table - I didn't know who he was...I watched him smoothly and effortlessly pocketing balls from everywhere, with every kind of english - he probably missed like 2 shots in 20 minutes...I decided I probably shouldn't ask him to play, lol...

I did play Slim one night though - I forget if I told you that before...we played for about 4-5 hours and I wound up 2 games loser...I liked him and enjoyed playing him, but man does he squeeze....Artie would approve of his game - he was one of the squeezingest players I ever played - but not because he couldn't make the shots, he could shoot real straight when he wanted to..he just couldn't stand having to show any speed, lol.

- Ghost

Ghosty,

This Slim, sounds very much like moi,... only in reverse...I would have strung you along, by shooting at everything that stuck out. Heh,heh..;) (but I could get out the oil can...if needed)

San <---Loved to play squeezer's..Don't think I ever lost to one of those bird's....:D

Last edited:

senor

Verified Member
BackPocket9Ball said:

Hey Reza,

Hope all is well. I know Santos can play, but since I've never seen him play I don't know how to compartmentalize him in my noggin. Can you compare Flaco and/or Santos to players that you know I have played or to Houston area players you remember on your visits here? One player that lived here for a while that moved to that area is Mago. I'm not sure if he has played any one pocket up there, though. I know he has been doing well playing rotation games. Thanks and take care.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Dick, I wouldn't like to see them politicians playing for big money. Don't forget who their stakehorses are. Haven't they blown enough of our money this week? :eek: :eek: