Jeremy Jones vs. Efren Reyes 2009 D.C.C.#2

Maxwell

Verified Member
Bank the eight pocket speed leaving the combo or the seven which he might not shoot without a full pocket and the eight near my pocket. If the eight goes bank the seven into tho stack and drop the cue to the bottom rail.

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
I think the 10 will go.....maybe

Attachments

• Jeremy Jones vs. Efren Reyes 2009 D.C.C.#2 - OnePocket.jpg
    Jeremy Jones vs. Efren Reyes 2009 D.C.C.#2 - OnePocket.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I would bank the black ball, and leave the cueball on Efren's long rail. You get no respect until you have a ball near your pocket, and sometimes not even then.

Last edited:

TheClamp

Ace's shot (shaving the 4 and coming back into the stack) looks to risky to me as it could result in balls opening up towards Efrens hole. I like softly stroking off the right side of the 1 ball, coming off the rail at the diamond so the white comes gently back into the stack preferably smootching the 15 :confused:

bstroud

Verified Member
Opening up the stack when you have NO balls near your pocket is a bad idea.

I would play some kind of easy safety to the rail between the pockets and expect to have a similar shot next time.

Perhaps you will have a chance to lag up to the ball near Efferins pocket later.

Time to stall and see what happens next.

Bill Stroud

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Offensive style: bank the eight...

Defensive style: Softly thin the 10 ball and lay on the bottom/head rail - has to be thin enough for Efren not to be able to see the 8ball...or, a soft 2-rail kick to just bump the bottom side of the striped ball that's by Efren's pocket.

- Ghost

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
maxwell and vapros i think id shoot your shot and try to double efren up on the side rail. i agree with maxwell with less than a full pocket i dont think even efren would cut the solid in with the 8 ball near your hole

if not i think i might just duck(no pun,insult,or offence ,intended:eek::heh:D)
thin the ball and fall on the end rail
the lines drawn are not perfect
je3.jpg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Ace's shot (shaving the 4 and coming back into the stack) looks to risky to me as it could result in balls opening up towards Efrens hole. I like softly stroking off the right side of the 1 ball, coming off the rail at the diamond so the white comes gently back into the stack preferably smootching the 15 :confused:

Welcome to the site Mr./Mrs./Ms. Clamp:). Are you a squeezer?:D.

Dennis

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Well, i'm banking the 8 ball and playing the cue ball four cushions to the bottom rail. It looks to me that the angle is conducive for this shot. If I make the bank i'm going to have a good bank on the ball positioned by Reyes pocket. You're close enough to the 8 ball to hit it good with a good follow stroke, time to go.

What i'm not going to do is try to double up Reyes, that shot will not work playing him, trust me. Or for that matter any of the top players.

Billy I.

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Well, i'm banking the 8 ball and playing the cue ball four cushions to the bottom rail. It looks to me that the angle is conducive for this shot. If I make the bank i'm going to have a good bank on the ball positioned by Reyes pocket. What i'm not going to do is try to double up Reyes, that shot will not work playing him, trust me.

Billy I.

Yeah, me too. This one, for my game/money isn't even a choice. I'd shoot this 8 for sure as well and come back down. Even if I felt like I had trouble with that upper right pocket with the cb, then i'd hit this bank with low right and come to that same area.

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Well, i'm banking the 8 ball and playing the cue ball four cushions to the bottom rail. It looks to me that the angle is conducive for this shot. If I make the bank i'm going to have a good bank on the ball positioned by Reyes pocket. You're close enough to the 8 ball to hit it good with a good follow stroke, time to go.

What i'm not going to do is try to double up Reyes, that shot will not work playing him, trust me.

Billy I.

I was thinking two railing off the eight & bringing the cue ball back to about where it is. Your four rails would be simpler and more reliable.

ETA: However, my regular Thursday night opponent would reply by three railing the one. A shot he makes with frustrating regularity.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Offensive style: bank the eight...

Defensive style: Softly thin the 10 ball and lay on the bottom/head rail - has to be thin enough for Efren not to be able to see the 8ball...or, a soft 2-rail kick to just bump the bottom side of the striped ball that's by Efren's pocket.

- Ghost

You only get half a cookie since you equivocated:). JJ made a very nice shot here and drove the 11 ball to the rail. You can see how close he came to the stack with the rock.

JJ's Shot.jpg

CapturedPicture_4.Jpeg

CapturedPicture_5.Jpeg

tylerdurden

Verified Member

bstroud

Verified Member
I set up the 8 ball shot on my Diamond.

First time it went right in and I got perfect shape for the ball on the side rail. Made it too.

Second time it jawed in the pocket but was still safe. Cue ball was about 1 inch from the first shot.

Third time it bobbled the pocket and went up the side rail about 1 1/2" and left a shot for the other corner. This seems to happen a lot on my table when you warp a ball and it hits the inside rail first. Must be the pocket cut.

So I guess you have to ask yourself "Do you feel lucky"

Bill S.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
You only get half a cookie since you equivocated:). JJ made a very nice shot here and drove the 11 ball to the rail. You can see how close he came to the stack with the rock.

View attachment 4501

View attachment 4502

View attachment 4503

For a top player playing another top player I still like shooting the 8 ball bank playing position for the 11 ball bank next. Jeremy executed this shot very well, but Reyes has a good kick into the stack with a medium hard speed sending the cue ball up table and opening up balls on his side of the table. This shot could possibly win the game for Reyes, or at lest create bigger problems for Jeremy. Reyes also has the option to kick softly into the stack with a medium soft speed, sticking the cue ball in the stack. This shot isn't that great, but not that bad either, I like kicking with speed.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I set up the 8 ball shot on my Diamond.

First time it went right in and I got perfect shape for the ball on the side rail. Made it too.

Second time it jawed in the pocket but was still safe. Cue ball was about 1 inch from the first shot.

Third time it bobbled the pocket and went up the side rail about 1 1/2" and left a shot for the other corner. This seems to happen a lot on my table when you warp a ball and it hits the inside rail first. Must be the pocket cut.

So I guess you have to ask yourself "Do you feel lucky"

Bill S.
For some reason top players get luckier than others.:D

Billy I.