J. Ervolino vs. A. Hopkins 1994 Roanoke

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I would kick to the long rail at the 4 - 10 combo. Not too hard so I can stay behind the stack area after contact

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
No score and Ervolino to shoot. What would you do?
I think I'd bank the 4 straight across with the 10 and follow to the rail and off about 18 inches with a tip of lhe. If that's not layin' right, I'd see if I thought I could come thin off the 7 and into the 6-1 "catcher's mitt." If I ruled out both of those, I'd just play CB to top right corner one rail after super-thinning the 5.

How many guesses do I get? :heh

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I tend to shoot these carom banks when they lay like this. Cue ball follows to the opponents rail.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Load up on the high right and go 2 or 3 rails and make the 5 or get it very close.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I'd shoot the 10/4 combo exactly like it lays with just enough speed to lay the CB by the diamond below the side pocket. The 10 will stop about where the 4 was and the 4 will cross into the 7 and move it over for another ball on my side.
This will remove the 4 from his side and protect the position. Not difficult to execute, I'd play all CB here trying to freeze it on the rail and not worry about where the balls settled.

If you have a good feel for kicking, cincy's shot could work out very well also.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I like the kick into the 4/10 combo. looks like not much could go wrong as long as you don't hit the bottom half of the 4 ball.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Ervolino whacked the 10 ball with the speed to two-rail it back to the stack and hit the 1 ball. He took care of whitey though.

je shot.jpg

He left it here for Hopkins:

je leave.jpg

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I'd shoot the 10/4 combo exactly like it lays with just enough speed to lay the CB by the diamond below the side pocket. The 10 will stop about where the 4 was and the 4 will cross into the 7 and move it over for another ball on my side.
This will remove the 4 from his side and protect the position. Not difficult to execute, I'd play all CB here trying to freeze it on the rail and not worry about where the balls settled.

If you have a good feel for kicking, cincy's shot could work out very well also.

This is what I would shoot also. 10 into 4 , cueball main objective

beatle

Verified Member
probably wannabes shot off the seven ball. its a game winner

"dump your friends for their case money johnny" never was a great one pocket player but a straight pool player.

his shot sells out more often and left no real advantage for himself.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
probably wannabes shot off the seven ball. its a game winner

"dump your friends for their case money johnny" never was a great one pocket player but a straight pool player.

his shot sells out more often and left no real advantage for himself.

A man has got to earn:).

RBL