J. Bergman vs. F. Bustamante 2013 Tunica

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I would like to open my banking lane, hit the 3 but drawing behind the cluster of three balls by his pocket. long rail, bottom rail..... I might combo the 13 by my hole.

I like that shot t-dog but it would be hard for me to get as much draw/control as I need jacking up over the 9/5 like that.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Take an intentional. Kick straight down the table off the head rail with LH English so that you hit the side rail down by his corner. Might even sew up on those balls down there.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Bergman owes a ball and it's Bustamante's shot. What would you do?

I think I'd thin the inside of the 3 and come almost all the way down to Justin's pocket. If I got over the ball and din't like that, I'd probably try to go between 4 and 11 near the side pocket on Justin's long rail.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Shoot the 6 into the 15 and stop the CB nestled there between the 12 and 9.

If I could see the edge of the 4, I'd take the cueball 2-3 rails towards his hole. But I don't think that's an option, so I'm shooting your shot.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Is that 6 a dead Carom to my hole? If so, I may consider banking the 3 back into it while bringing the cue across table to his side. 😊.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
If the angle permits...
A 3/4 rail kick going behind the 3/13 first.... Long rail/ head rail/ long rail/ and under or behind the 1/8/7 balls. Might give up a not-so-free bank on the 11 ball though.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

If the angle permits...
A 3/4 rail kick going behind the 3/13 first.... Long rail/ head rail/ long rail/ and under or behind the 1/8/7 balls. Might give up a not-so-free bank on the 11 ball though.

That's a good and viable safety here imo.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
If the angle permits...

good eye jeff
you could also go straight ahead to the head rail with Left hand spin and get there also
the 4? doesnt look in the way
edit ...just saw petie posted this shot in post #5...good eye petie....:D

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
good eye jeff
you could also go straight ahead to the head rail with Left hand spin and get there also
the 4? doesnt look in the way
edit ...just saw petie posted this shot in post #5...good eye petie....:D

That's OK Larry, cookies are my downfall.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
This is a great WWYD scenario.

Yes. Almost all of the choices work -- as is often the case -- depending more on execution than conception. The only one that works with almost no chance to screw it up is the first one offered by Cincinnatti: 6 into 15 and stick. Unlike some of the others, all it does for you is insure another turn at the table. That's probably the best choice more often than I choose it. Hard for me to resist trying too hard to do something constructive on every shot.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Yes. Almost all of the choices work -- as is often the case -- depending more on execution than conception. The only one that works with almost no chance to screw it up is the first one offered by Cincinnatti: 6 into 15 and stick. Unlike some of the others, all it does for you is insure another turn at the table. That's probably the best choice more often than I choose it. Hard for me to resist trying too hard to do something constructive on every shot.

John,

I know what Bustamante shot but I would write this no matter what; Sometimes insuring another turn at the table IS doing something constructive.

Every layout does not offer a homerun, sometimes a bunt is in order.

Dennis

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
John,

I know what Bustamante shot but I would write this no matter what; Sometimes insuring another turn at the table IS doing something constructive.

Every layout does not offer a homerun, sometimes a bunt is in order.

Dennis

Yeah, and the better my opponent, the more likely I am to try something that's too risky. When I like my chances, it's much easier for me to be patient.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Is that 6 a dead Carom to my hole? If so, I may consider banking the 3 back into it while bringing the cue across table to his side. 😊.

It looks like the 6 goes high above the pocket Mitch but good eye, didn't look that...

If I was kicking safe, Jeff I like your 3/4 rail kick around the 13 best!

baby huey

Verified Member
Looks like the two rail long kick is on to put the cue ball behind the three balls by his hole. Actually if executed its a three rail kick.