It was a war

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I was really impressed with the way Frost played throughout the entire five days, I believe it was five days, Vegas has a way of running days into days.:lol

Anyways, Scott played some fantastic one pocket and gave Alex all he could handle. I actually thought going into the match that Alex would have an easier time with Scott then the way it turned out..big time kudo's to Frost. Scott actually played from behind for practically the entire time with the exception of day one, and for that reason alone, along with other reasons Scott should be given a lot of credit for staying in there as long as he did. Alex is a great player, his ability is off the charts and he picks up on games a quick as any player today. Frost has a very good grasp on playing the game with aggression, probably better than any player today, and his imagination is fun and exciting to watch, he actually makes ice cream out of shit.:D (quoting the Hacker)There were times in the match when I thought that both players were going to wane but neither did, that's what made the match a great one, it was a war of will and Alex eventually came out on top. Alex said to me that he learned a lot while he was playing, and i'm not sure if what he learned is what made the difference. Alex will be a better player from here out, and that is scary. Frost will (imo) be a better player as well, playing as well as he did for as long as he did can only raise his confidence going forward, and I can't wait to watch them both in the "Make It Happen" event in Edison next week. The other four players in the event are going to be hard pressed to keep up with both Alex and Scott....I think....

We all got treated to some great one pocket the past week, and I'm certain the this coming week will be just as good. :D Don't miss next week, it will only happen once, and thanks to all who ..made it happen.:)

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
thanks for your perspective dr. bill
this match should make the "make it happen "event even more intriguing
im sure scott is looking for some revenge

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Five days, at eight hours a day, was too much for me to handle. I watched as much as I could and enjoyed every moment. It made me envious of these players for their stamina and determination to fight hard on every shot, for every ball, and every game. I can't do it. I doubt I could hold up half that long even in my prime. To continually remain focused for that long is a brutal endeavor. It goes beyond the eight hours of play. It also requires the discipline to do the right things between sessions. Get the right sleep, eat right, stay mentally prepared, and remain positive in spite of what ever set-backs may have occurred the previous night.

These two players showed me how dedicated they were to excellence. 4%; that was the difference. I know of at least four shots Scott shot where he had a four or five ball lead in a game and failed to execute a shot. On those occasions, Alex found a way to win those four games. There is your eight game swing. Without those four errors this match might still be going on.

Both Alex and Scott played great. They taught each other numerous things about One Pocket and learned a few things about themselves. I hope they have taught us who watched carefully, how to play better and appreciate more, this fine game. I count myself among those who have been granted a deeper education into this game.

Tom

Last edited:

daylate$short

Verified Member
From
Aberdeen, SD
A grind!

A grind!

I'm like Tom, I didn't have the stamina to WATCH the whole thing! Could only stay up till 10 PM (their time, midnight here), then had to quit....I didn't want to, but had to get a little sleep before work in the morning. This had to be the best value stream I ever bought! Thanks Ray!

I wonder if anyone kept any stats; especially 8, or more, ball runs, had to be quite a few. So many spectacular shots by both players.

I purchased the Make It Happen, and will probably take a couple days off, so I won't miss anything. Looking forward to that.

After watching Scott/Alex, a race to 3 will seem like a coin flip!

Charlie