it aint no different nowadays

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
one pocket isnt different for anyone but the very top players. years past most that tried to run balls sold out often unless they were top ball runners.

it is the same today. if you are not a great ball runner you will be selling out to the good mover.

new equipment and fast tables coupled with great shot makers allow the game to look completely different when the top players are shooting.

weaker players like short stops on down cant run the balls with todays tight pockets and get out of line with the fast cloth. The ones that try to be runout players get beat by the good old mover and squeezer.

that is my opinion.

"weaker players like short stops on down cant run the balls with todays tight pockets and get out of line with the fast cloth. The ones that try to be runout players get beat by the good old mover and squeezer.

that is my opinion."

Great analysis and I agree with you ... the "tie up" style boxer will win over the "slugger" more often but many will disagree

stedyfred

Verified Member
Recently Orcullo and Corey finished at top of world one pkt tourney. Do you think that either of these two guys could compete effectively OVER DISTANCE with a young A. Hopkins, S. Cook, B. Rucker, or Grady at one pocket? I am anxious to hear your thoughts.

spiderwebcomm

Verified Member
Re: it aint no different nowadays

Recently Orcullo and Corey finished at top of world one pkt tourney. Do you think that either of these two guys could compete effectively OVER DISTANCE with a young A. Hopkins, S. Cook, B. Rucker, or Grady at one pocket? I am anxious to hear your thoughts.
I dunno... I just watched Allen run 15 balls into one pocket when using a one pocket break (using outside english) twice.... and he ain't young.... he's prob old enough to get $2 grand slams at Denny's. I couldn't imagine how he used to play when he wasn't a golfer. If we had a time machine, I'd bet no.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
recently orcullo and corey finished at top of world one pkt tourney. Do you think that either of these two guys could compete effectively over distance with a young a. Hopkins, s. Cook, b. Rucker, or grady at one pocket? I am anxious to hear your thoughts.

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D