Is This The New Forum Software?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Is there an easier way to multi-quote?

I had to scroll back up on each individual one.

Before, you could hit multi-quote on each persons reply then hit post and they would be there in the order you clicked.
Me too!! It seems like a winner
Yes — just click on the “reply” at each post you want to quote and they stack right up in your post composition dialogue box. So even easier than before because there is no need to choose multi quote.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Private messages? That should be easy. Old posts I think you have to get help from admin after like three days or something like that.
What he said.... I am not sure what you are trying to delete Larry but if its your PMs, you can go and delete anyone you want in your conversations (what they call PMs).

If you mean, you want to take a way something you have already liked, if you go back to that post and it will show you that you liked it, if you click the Like link (again) to the bottom right of the message next to the word Reply, it will take the like away, not sure of that's what you meant?

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Yes — just click on the “reply” at each post you want to quote and they stack right up in your post composition dialogue box. So even easier than before because there is no need to choose multi quote.

It’s actually not easier because as soon as you click on “reply” it takes you right to the dialogue box so if you want another quote you have to go back and forth, back and forth.

If you’re in a thread with multiple pages it’ll be a real pain in the ass.

Before if you just kept browsing thru the thread and hit multi-quote whenever you were ready, you just hit post reply and “poof!” there they all were.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
It’s actually not easier because as soon as you click on “reply” it takes you right to the dialogue box so if you want another quote you have to go back and forth, back and forth.

If you’re in a thread with multiple pages it’ll be a real pain in the ass.

Before if you just kept browsing thru the thread and hit multi-quote whenever you were ready, you just hit post reply and “poof!” there they all were.
I don’t wish to argue with you but there is no question it is easy with this new software — you just click on the posts you want to quote. Your composition box stays where it is and even if you go to another page it’s right there at the bottom. Its not like you have to go looking for it — just scroll down, it’s always there. To me that is incredibly easy — click on all of the posts you wish to quote and then compose your message in the box that is always right there at the bottom of whatever page you are on. Try it.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
I don’t wish to argue with you but there is no question it is easy with this new software — you just click on the posts you want to quote. Your composition box stays where it is and even if you go to another page it’s right there at the bottom. Its not like you have to go looking for it — just scroll down, it’s always there. To me that is incredibly easy — click on all of the posts you wish to quote and then compose your message in the box that is always right there at the bottom of whatever page you are on. Try it.

I already did it in the post where I mentioned it. That’s why I was asking. For sure on a phone this way is a pain.

🙄 jeez wtf. I’ll forget about mentioning anything then, I thought the guy in charge of the site “cincy kid” might know something. I ain’t looking to argue either but the other upgrade wasn’t any good and I thought cincy wanted feedback.

I do know if you quote old threads with a link, the link isn’t what it’s supposed to be with the upgrade but maybe I shouldn’t say anything.

The reason I know is I posted at AZ and put a couple of links to here and one for sure wasn’t what it was supposed to be and others were wrong links so I couldn’t use them.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I already did it in the post where I mentioned it. That’s why I was asking. For sure on a phone this way is a pain.

🙄 jeez wtf. I’ll forget about mentioning anything then, I thought the guy in charge of the site “cincy kid” might know something. I ain’t looking to argue either but the other upgrade wasn’t any good and I thought cincy wanted feedback.

I do know if you quote old threads with a link, the link isn’t what it’s supposed to be with the upgrade but maybe I shouldn’t say anything.

The reason I know is I posted at AZ and put a couple of links to here and one for sure wasn’t what it was supposed to be and others were wrong links so I couldn’t use them.
No I appreciate the feedback. But the quoting is something I am happy about in this new software. I don’t multiquote much so you may well have known a shortcut in the old software that I did not.

Links I will have to look into.

Jimmy B

Verified Member

No I appreciate the feedback. But the quoting is something I am happy about in this new software. I don’t multiquote much so you may well have known a shortcut in the old software that I did not.

Links I will have to look into.
how do you delete old messages/ alerts/ reactions?

I quoted/replied to several messages.. It did throw me down into my new message box each time, unlike the old board where you could click the quotation marks on multiple messages, until you were ready..If the messages that you want to respond to are on the same page, it's not much of a problem

Okay - type it first, highlight it and then fine-tune it. Here we go -

Edit: There
we
went . . .
Then I went back to page two to quote a message and it shot me back to my place here, so it's working fine imo, but it was sending me to this message box....Don't know about a phone....

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I quoted/replied to several messages.. It did throw me down into my new message box each time, unlike the old board where you could click the quotation marks on multiple messages, until you were ready..If the messages that you want to respond to are on the same page, it's not much of a problem

Then I went back to page two to quote a message and it shot me back to my place here, so it's working fine imo, but it was sending me to this message box....Don't know about a phone....
I think it’s the same on a phone. Your message box kind of “follows you around” even if you go to another page, it is still right there at the bottom of whatever page you are on. That is a feature I like. Between that and the “auto-save” it’s a lot harder to accidentally lose a post you are working on. That’s a good thing 👍

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

How are you getting the links? Copy and paste from your browser or using an icon in the forum software? I notice the forum software gives you different options too. I just tried copying and pasting from the browser and it worked fine. I’ll have to experiment with the xenforo icons and options.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
How are you getting the links? Copy and paste from your browser or using an icon in the forum software? I notice the forum software gives you different options too. I just tried copying and pasting from the browser and it worked fine. I’ll have to experiment with the xenforo icons and options.

Some old threads with links.

When you click the link it takes you to something different than what was originally there.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Steve, I have mentioned this once before - in the Journals forum everyone's entries are getting a running count of the views - except mine, which is still showing an old rough tally of 27K. It's something I would like to keep up with. Thanks -

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Steve, I have mentioned this once before - in the Journals forum everyone's entries are getting a running count of the views - except mine, which is still showing an old rough tally of 27K. It's something I would like to keep up with. Thanks -
I will look into this more. I think I found a solution for not allowing replies if we still want that feature but as far as the views, its weird because I went into yours plus 4 others and none of the views increased for anyone. I had not been to some of them before so I know its not that...I will see what I can find out.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I will look into this more. I think I found a solution for not allowing replies if we still want that feature but as far as the views, its weird because I went into yours plus 4 others and none of the views increased for anyone. I had not been to some of them before so I know its not that...I will see what I can find out.
Thanks - It should not become a discussion forum, and I am in favor of the 'like' button, too.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Thanks - It should not become a discussion forum, and I am in favor of the 'like' button, too.

Exactly!

The first reply I saw in the journal section I thought WTF!!

It’s like writing in someone’s diary.

People have no scruples. Hmmm, scruples sounds like some kind of desert, adios, I’m going to get some ice cream.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Ok, so I was able to just change it from showing round numbers to the actual numbers themselves, so yours for me now is 27,314. Let's keep an eye on it over the next few days to see if they are going up. Also, the way it works is, there is a cron job that runs which updates the views, so it may not always be automatic.

I agree on the journals reply part and will get that fixed soon! We can always go in and delete the posts from the journals or move them to another thread called "Journal replies" or something similar. Thoughts on that Steve?

After we are able to lock it for no replies, we can the address the deleting / moving of those posts.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ok, so I was able to just change it from showing round numbers to the actual numbers themselves, so yours for me now is 27,314. Let's keep an eye on it over the next few days to see if they are going up. Also, the way it works is, there is a cron job that runs which updates the views, so it may not always be automatic.

I agree on the journals reply part and will get that fixed soon! We can always go in and delete the posts from the journals or move them to another thread called "Journal replies" or something similar. Thoughts on that Steve?

After we are able to lock it for no replies, we can the address the deleting / moving of those posts.
Yes I thought I deleted the ones I saw but I miss things!! Or maybe I hesitated and then forgot — that’s entirely possible — maybe even likely lol. I don’t think we need a special thread but people are always welcome to post a comment or compliment — just not right there in someone else’s journal

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
I wasn't sure Skin, but Steve confirmed that was correct and I switched it so you can delete your own posts. Currently it's set up so you can edit or delete your posts up to 2 days after you post it.

I don’t believe 2 days is long enough.

I’m trying to add info at the beginning of a thread for a week long tournament (DCC) but can’t now.