Interest list for SS ll & S l

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Interest list for SS ll & S l

It's too early to pencil him in. But I was telling Earl Fowler about the senior One Pocket. He is old enough and is interested for next year.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Update on forthcoming tournaments

Update on forthcoming tournaments

Ok,

John Rizzo called me today to let me know what David Richardson has decided upon concerning the two tournaments that originated here at Onepocket.org David wants to split them up, have one in April, and the other in October. October we will play the Super Senior Classic II, exact dates are as yet undecided.

The 1ST Annual Senior Classic ( ages 65 & up ) is to be held at Bogie's East on FM 1960 in Houston, Texas on April 14th, 15th, 16th, & 17th. The 14th is not a tournament day, it's a mingle and practice day, or gamble day if you can find a game, with the Calcutta being held at 7:00pm. If you can, come a day early and enjoy the day with new friends and old. You need not be present, however all paid entries will be auctioned off in the Calcutta Thursday night. Tournament play ( 1st day ) will start at 10:00 AM, Friday the 15th, and continue with the last matches of the day around 10:00PM. Same on Saturday, and the semis and final on Sunday.

This championship event will have a $2000.00 added purse based on a full compliment of 24 players. Entry fee for this event is $200.00 Every nickel of the all the money added and collected from entry fees & Calcutta's will be awarded to the players pools. No Vig in the Calcutta, and no Vig in the players pool.

The right of first refusal rests with those players whose names are displayed in this thread in post # 48. These individuals will have one month from today (1/28/2016 ) to pay their entry fee, if not paid in full by 02/28/2016 their name will be crossed off the interest list and their spot will become available to another player. Send check, cash, or money orders to;
Bogie's Billiards
3040 FM 1960 East Suite 101
Houston, Texas 77073
Attention: John Rizzo Mgr.

P.S. Please make all checks and money orders out to; (Bogies Billiards)

Talljeff

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Ok,

John Rizzo called me today to let me know what David Richardson has decided upon concerning the two tournaments that originated here at Onepocket.org David wants to split them up, have one in April, and the other in October. October we will play the Super Senior Classic II, exact dates are as yet undecided.

The 1ST Annual Senior Classic ( ages 65 & up ) is to be held at Bogie's East on FM 1960 in Houston, Texas on April 14th, 15th, 16th, & 17th. The 14th is not a tournament day, it's a mingle and practice day, or gamble day if you can find a game, with the Calcutta being held at 7:00pm. If you can, come a day early and enjoy the day with new friends and old. You need not be present, however you will be auctioned off in the Calcutta Thursday night. Tournament play ( 1st day ) will start at 10:00 AM, Friday the 15th, and continue with the last matches of the day around 10:00PM. Same on Saturday, and the semis and final on Sunday.

This championship event will have a $2000.00 added purse based on a full compliment of 24 players. Entry fee for this event is $200.00 Every nickel of the all the money added and collected from entry fees & Calcutta's will be awarded to the players pools. No Vig in the Calcutta, and no Vig in the players pool.

The right of first refusal rests with those players whose names are displayed in this thread in post # 48. These individuals will have one month from today (1/28/2016 ) to pay their entry fee, if not paid in full by 02/28/2016 their name will be crossed off the interest list and their spot will become available to another player. Send check, cash, or money orders to;
Bogie's Billiards
Houston, Texas 77073

Talljeff

Works for me, but I'm rescinding my offer to drop out in favor of a weaker player. :D

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Am a LITTLE Depressed

Am a LITTLE Depressed

Just saw the dates for 65 and up tourney. Called my friend Warren, told him the dates, getting the checkbook out to send in entry fee. Not 15 min. later my daughter walks in and tells me her wedding is 4/16/2016. I asked her if it was set for sure. Anyways, to make a long story short, all my begging and best sad faces, I thought I would like to tell you that 4/15 is tax day. IF that doesn't work, I will be there at Bogies on Thurs and Friday for action. John H, come early to play so you can win your expense money. You just can't imagine how I was looking forward to this tourney.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Jeff, is it limited to 24 players for each event?

~Doc

24 player limit is correct Doc, both events. The room is limited with the amount of tables (8) and they want it to be a special event, with consideration focused on the players. Having a limited field will insure the matches go off on time and end at a reasonable hour Friday night, Saturday night, and late afternoon finals on Sunday.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Just saw the dates for 65 and up tourney. Called my friend Warren, told him the dates, getting the checkbook out to send in entry fee. Not 15 min. later my daughter walks in and tells me her wedding is 4/16/2016. I asked her if it was set for sure. Anyways, to make a long story short, all my begging and best sad faces, I thought I would like to tell you that 4/15 is tax day. IF that doesn't work, I will be there at Bogies on Thurs and Friday for action. John H, come early to play so you can win your expense money. You just can't imagine how I was looking forward to this tourney.

Very sorry Mr. Newkirk,:sorry

Bogies has a tournament at the end of March, and another one early in May. The only time we could have the 1ST Annual Senior Classic turned out to be in the middle of April. I'm very happy for you that your daughter is getting married, and sad that she isn't considerate enough to change the date. Seriously, we are disappointed that there is a conflict with the dates, but the show must go on. Please come and join the group on Thursday and Friday, you might beat John.:)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Very sorry Mr. Newkirk,:sorry

Bogies has a tournament at the end of March, and another one early in May. The only time we could have the 1ST Annual Senior Classic turned out to be in the middle of April. I'm very happy for you that your daughter is getting married, and sad that she isn't considerate enough to change the date. Seriously, we are disappointed that there is a conflict with the dates, but the show must go on. Please come and join the group on Thursday and Friday, you might beat John.:)

Robert let me break even last time and now has me set up for the kill.:D

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Ok,

The 1ST Annual Senior Classic ( ages 65 & up ) is to be held at Bogie's East on FM 1960 in Houston, Texas on April 14th, 15th, 16th, & 17th. The 14th is not a tournament day, it's a mingle and practice day, or gamble day if you can find a game, with the Calcutta being held at 7:00pm. If you can, come a day early and enjoy the day with new friends and old. You need not be present, however all paid entries will be auctioned off in the Calcutta Thursday night. Tournament play ( 1st day ) will start at 10:00 AM, Friday the 15th, and continue with the last matches of the day around 10:00PM. Same on Saturday, and the semis and final on Sunday.

Bogie's Billiards
Houston, Texas 77073

P.S. Please make all checks and money orders out to; (Bogies Billiards)

Talljeff
Just a bump because of editing.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Roberto de la Iglesia Nueva

Roberto de la Iglesia Nueva

Please come and join the group on Thursday and Friday, you [b[might[/b] beat John.

OK, might as well make the challenge official:

I say we each put $33 on the light and play 11 on top. Naturally, in accordance with Bogies traditions of honor, grace and generosity, winner pays the time. :heh

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Sorry to hear that Robert Newkirk won't be able to take part in the coming event. He sweated the first one, and I was privileged to spend some time at a table with Robert and Warren. Excellent company. I spilled a drink on his table and he cleaned it up and insisted on replacing it. So I spilled that one, also. He cleaned up again, and never lost his good humor. I'm sure they will be on hand as much as they can for the April event. Maybe I can, too.

While recalling my fun trip to Houston, another highlight was two hours of one-pocket with Dr. Bill. I had him on the ropes, but he untied the knot or something. Great experience.

There is a Gold's Gym a hundred yards from Bogie's, and I intended to go in and pump some iron, but they refused to let me in! Said my membership had expired in 1964. Time do fly . . .

I will return if I can. See you there.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Sorry to hear that Robert Newkirk won't be able to take part in the coming event. He sweated the first one, and I was privileged to spend some time at a table with Robert and Warren. Excellent company. I spilled a drink on his table and he cleaned it up and insisted on replacing it. So I spilled that one, also. He cleaned up again, and never lost his good humor. I'm sure they will be on hand as much as they can for the April event. Maybe I can, too.

While recalling my fun trip to Houston, another highlight was two hours of one-pocket with Dr. Bill. I had him on the ropes, but he untied the knot or something. Great experience.

There is a Gold's Gym a hundred yards from Bogie's, and I intended to go in and pump some iron, but they refused to let me in! Said my membership had expired in 1964. Time do fly . . .

I will return if I can. See you there.

It will be my pleasure to see you again.

baby huey

Verified Member
If anyone has any info about where to stay close to the Pool Room please post and if a rental car is necessary let us know as well. It sounds like a nice time coming.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
If anyone has any info about where to stay close to the Pool Room please post and if a rental car is necessary let us know as well. It sounds like a nice time coming.

Several of us stayed right down the road, within walking distance if you had to and a nice restaurant almost across the street. I think it was the Rodeway Inn on the same street as the pool room.