Inside English/Pinching the bank?

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Sidestep bank

Sidestep bank

John Brumback said:
Good job Dud! Yes the part where the cball goes to the right, Is the main thing that alot of people can't grasp.Alot think that there Is just no way that can happen.Good shootin,John B.

John, in my books I call that a sidestep bank, as it just move slightly past the face of the object ball, rather than crossing it completely and traveling much farther. Big one to put in the arsenal.

Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
Tennessee Joe6 said:
Thanks John, I made it on the first try but had a few misses before I got it down consistently. :)

Your welcome.It will get easy after you get everything down just right.John B.

Warren

Verified Member
From
Midway, KY
John Brumback said:
Why shoot Warren,you know more about this than I do.I take all that back then.I'll be daggone,I was wrong on everdarn one of them.I see know way you can learn from me.John B.

I've been out of town John, sorry for not responding sooner. I meant no disrespect sir, I know your a Legend and I'LL acknowledge that by not responding in a negative way to your name calling.

Your the man, I'm a no body.

I just love the game of bank more than any other pool game.

Sorry for having an opinion about your game/style, I will refrain from posting on that again.

You have my apology SIR!!!!:eek:

I look forward to watching you play again soon.

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
Warren said:
I've been out of town John, sorry for not responding sooner. I meant no disrespect sir, I know your a Legend and I'LL acknowledge that by not responding in a negative way to your name calling.

Your the man, I'm a no body.

I just love the game of bank more than any other pool game.

Sorry for having an opinion about your game/style, I will refrain from posting on that again.

You have my apology SIR!!!!:eek:

I look forward to watching you play again soon.

Ok Warren,apology accepted.It just seemed to me that you were disputing every single word I wrote about that shot.I was trying to help.I don't think I was the only one who thought that.Sorry again,Warren.See ya over there.John B.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
fred bentivegna said:
When I first arrived at Congress Bowl in North Miami in about 1966 the players there had this shot set up and were all trying to make it. Now Congress was always filled with East Coast champions, Harry Cohen, Peter Rabbit, Danny Di, Marcel Camp, Doc Hazard, etc. I couldnt believe that nobody could make it. The tables were dripping wet and that didnt help, but they were handing out 4 and 5 tries to make it! I eased over with one of those, "Gee, can I try it?" I stalled and then made it on the last try. Then the tries became less and less and finally down to even money, 1 try. Even with all the stalling they finally pulled up. It was hard to accept that these guys many of whom could run 100 had no clue as to how to make that shot.

I won a little more when I made it by crossing it rather than pinching it!

Beard

So I've been trying to cross this ball and am flabbergasted....:eek:

In my limited experience I really don't have a clue how to consistently get this ball to transfer enough spin to even get close to making it. :mad:

Any tips???

Dud

John Brumback

Verified Member
Dudley said:

In my limited experience I really don't have a clue how to consistently get this ball to transfer enough spin to even get close to making it. :mad:

Any tips???

Dud

If It makes you feel any better...I don't think I can cross It either.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Well then, buy the video!

Well then, buy the video!

Dudley said:

Any tips???

Dud

Apparently, you have never had the good fortune to watch my DVD, Banks That Don't Go, But Do. I shoot and show that angle crossover bank, and at an actually slightly worse angle. And apparently hardly anybody else on this forum has seen the DVD either or they would have referenced it.

Beard

Or maybe they forgot?
Show up at the Red Shoes bank tourn and I will demonstrate it.

John Brumback

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
Apparently, you have never had the good fortune to watch my DVD, Banks That Don't Go, But Do. I shoot and show that angle crossover bank, and at an actually slightly worse angle. And apparently hardly anybody else on this forum has seen the DVD either or they would have referenced it.

Beard

Or maybe they forgot?
Show up at the Red Shoes bank tourn and I will demonstrate it.

Well ok then but I get to set the shot up.How much you willin to bet on this exact shot that we are talking about? When you say (slightly worse angle) that makes me think you might be changing (this ) shot up a little,Fred.
I know you got to drag It across but I'm going to be right there so we shall see.I've watched the dvd Fred but I just don't member seeing this exact shot getting crossed.I thought for sure I knew everything there Is to know about this game but maybe I don't.haha.I better go watch It again.Cya soon,bud.John B.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Yeah,

I'm another op.org member who does own your dvds and books....:D

It is entirely possible that I've seen the shot and didn't remember it.

I've found that until I can feel the shot and understand how the balls are interacting I don't recognize these type of shots while playing.

There is allot to absorb in your books/dvds.

Dud

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Dudley said:
Yeah,

I've found that until I can feel the shot and understand how the balls are interacting I don't recognize these type of shots while playing.

Dud
there is alot to absorb in all that goes on here:)
i do recommend you buy freddy's books/dvds if you dont have them:)

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Dudley said:
Yeah,

Dud

lll said:
there is alot to absorb in all that goes on here:)
i do recommend you buy freddy's books/dvds if you dont have them:)

I'm sure you missed this...:cool:

John Brumback

Verified Member
androd said:
Well it's make-able if you scratch in the side. To not scratch you must skid or hop the ball across. :D
Rod.

Guess I better go play around with that.Don't want to lose a bet to ole Fred.
If I did he might come back crowin to much.hehe
PS: Dude,how good do you hit em!!?? dang it! John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
I can't make It by crossing It on my Diamond with wore cloth.Not even when the cball scratched In the side.It still came up short.Must be a gaff trick shot.
That's what I'm thinking.LOL John B.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
John Brumback said:
I can't make It by crossing It on my Diamond with wore cloth.Not even when the cball scratched In the side.It still came up short.Must be a gaff trick shot.
That's what I'm thinking.LOL John B.

Skipper, I've never shot it on a diamond. Everyone says they play a little shorter. :)
Rod.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
See!

See!

androd said:
Well it's make-able if you scratch in the side. To not scratch you must skid or hop the ball across. :D
Rod.

I knew you were smarter than you have been letting on, Rod! One of Cowboy Dennis' cookies for you.
I wasnt going to release it unless somebody figured it out. i know I now need ten to eight.

Beard

After you have been playing 56 years, John B, you will probably know everything too.:D

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
fred bentivegna said:
I knew you were smarter than you have been letting on, Rod! One of Cowboy Dennis' cookies for you.
I wasnt going to release it unless somebody figured it out. i know I now need ten to eight.

Beard

After you have been playing 56 years, John B, you will probably know everything too.:D

A guy once said to me "You're like an Airdale, you're not as dumb as you look"
I thought about that for about 10 minutes. I couldn't decide if it was a compliment or an insult. Then I moved on to something else. (Short attention span) :D :p
Rod.
P.S. 10 to 8 ? really. No Deal. I wouldn't be able to make "The List"