In memory of a friend

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
I guess there is nothing we can do for our friend, Grady except honor those he left behind. As a small token of my love and respect for my friend, I would like to make all readers and their friends an offer that for the next seven days, any money spent buying my book will be sent to his daughter, Marie.

Here's how we'll work it. You email me at alftaylor1@yahoo.com with your address and tell me you sent her a check (I need to find her address) and I will send you a book the same day.

Come on folks. It'a worthwhile book and I'm sure your donation will help.
Keep it nice. Alfie

PLEASE CHECK THE RETRACTION AND APOLOGY POSTE. THANK YOU.
ALF

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I guess there is nothing we can do for our friend, Grady except honor those he left behind. As a small token of my love and respect for my friend, I would like to make all readers and their friends an offer that for the next seven days, any money spent buying my book will be sent to his daughter, Marie.

Here's how we'll work it. You email me at alftaylor1@yahoo.com with your address and tell me you sent her a check (I need to find her address) and I will send you a book the same day.

Keep it nice. Alfie
That is kind of you Alfie. I'll see what I can do about an address for donations.

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Keep it nice. Alfie

Duplicate post.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Keep it nice. Alfie

OK...You got me, gimme an address, and I'll spring for a couple books...Nice gesture Alf,...Grady would have expected no less of you.

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Come on people...day 2

Come on people...day 2

Let's get it together. While I appreciate the book orders that have come in so far on this project (A certain Phoenix Duck even bought two). I feel the need to bug the general public to lend a hand and read a pretty good book in the interim. I have a good number of books and our postal system needs the business...Oh! Then there's Grady's family to consider.
It's just another way to keep it nice. Alfie

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Wait a minute, please

Wait a minute, please

It seems I was a bit impetuous in my offer on this poste to make an offer without first checking. I received a call that let me know this was more of "an insult" than a good gesture. Naturally, any registrations up to this point will be honored. My apologies those offended and to any readers who's time I have wasted.
I need to go to my room....and
Keep it nice. Alfie

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
It seems I was a bit impetuous in my offer on this poste to make an offer without first checking. I received a call that let me know this was more of "an insult" than a good gesture. Naturally, any registrations up to this point will be honored. My apologies those offended and to any readers who's time I have wasted.
Keep it nice. Alfie

Alfie, sometimes the best intentions can be misconstrued and I'm certain you meant no offense. Perhaps a memorial fund would be appreciated? Let us know if you'd like to change this to something along those lines, I'm sure many of us would like to do something in Grady's honor.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Alfie, I certainly understand the charitable gesture that you made, and I know you made it with the best of intentions, but I am monstrously impressed with the party that said to forget it. That was most refreshing, and perhaps a first, or close to it, in the world of pool. It should teach us all a good lesson. Just because the deceased was a pool player, we should not assume that his family is in need of contributions or that they would be glad to accept them if offered. Bully for you, Marie, if that's who it was. I'm glad that Grady can be spared this final indignity.

Our recent experiences on this site, regarding other departed pool figures, may have led us to this attitude. Don't take it personally. Be well, and keep on being one of the good guys here. Make a note, everybody.

sidepocketkid

Verified Member

Keep it nice. Alfie

PLEASE CHECK THE RETRACTION AND APOLOGY POSTE. THANK YOU.
ALF

incredible!

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Keep it nice. Alfie

I think a note saying "thank you so much for the thought, and anything received will be forwarded to the American Cancer Society" would of been a nice gesture. :)
Rod.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
well said......

well said......

....Androd.Perhaps the people and their changes are all-encompassing right now,take care,Bob

very nice Alfie

very nice Alfie

Alfie, I’m sorry that your kind gesture was not graciously accepted. As Rod said, if the money is not “needed”, contributing it to a favorite charity or purchasing something in honor of Grady would have indeed been the tactful thing to do. I always thought that graciously accepting a gift was an unwritten, universal rule, and to do otherwise is an insult to the giver.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Clare, I can't agree with that. Sending money in these circumstances is not the same as sending flowers or a casserole. It carries at least the implication that the guy must have died destitute, or close to it, and I feel certain that many proud people would take offense, and rightly so. It is certainly not rude if they decline such offers. At least wait until they ask.