important post to reread

SJDinPHX

Suspended
beatle said:
yea it is the one in the sticky about respect.

this site doesnt have a ton of participants and needs desperately all the good ones we can get and KEEP.

it is all about one pocket with some fun thrown in. no one wants all the threads to be cannibalized into politics or trash talk. too many are.
that is what the cafe is for.

No one is more guilty than I am, of taking the bait, and entering into a political or moral dialogue.

I don't call it "trash talk", I call it "speaking your mind".

I have a very short fuse, when it comes to the subject of "Political Correctness"....Is every delicate subject, "off limits" ?

But you are right about one thing...we have no NPR here, so I agree, the stuff you're talking about should be a "member's only" subject, as I agreed in my modified post.

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
I agree also. I have the utmost respect for the pool knowledge of all the participants here, and I think it's amazing thing that us 'amateurs' get to discuss the game here with people who have played at a professional level. It's an enlightening and humbling experience, and not something I would want to see jeopardized over disagreements on other issues not at all relevant to pool. That's why I would much rather not see these kind of issues discussed or statements made at all here, but the Member's Cafe area is clearly the second best choice: easy to ignore or visit regularly, depending on your stripes. Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Isn't this swell

Isn't this swell

Pretty soon I will have all off my ignore list and I will just have to stay out of the members only cafe (a thing I figured out about a week back). Could life be any more simple?