Ike Runnels vs. Jason Miller 2005 DCC shot #2

John Brumback

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Miller has ball-in-hand and only the 1 ball is over the line. Which pocket would you bank it to? The inset score is correct this time.

View attachment 2662

I would shoot It sraight back by that red 3.The pocket he's looking at.
He'll stiff It and make the pocket play big.IMO How long Is it gonna be before you show me I'm wrong? LOL John B.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
John Brumback said:
He'll stiff It and make the pocket play big.IMO How long Is it gonna be before you show me I'm wrong? LOL John B.
hard to question you john
doesnt look like it wouldn't go past the 3 into the pocket??:confused:
i guess to you that space looks like the holland tunnel:eek: :D
i must be getting old and dont see so good:rolleyes:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
John Brumback said:
John,

I thought that if you played the score you would bank it to the other pocket. You only need one ball. He did bank it the way you said and it hit the 3 ball.

Greenshot_2011-03-28_14-03-43.jpg

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
From his view - straight back left, due to the score. I can't imagine playing to cut/hold the ball and risking the three running around the table in the event of a mis-fire.

But from a player like John, I am open to scrutiny.

John Brumback

Verified Member
newfosgatesucks said:
From his view - straight back left, due to the score. I can't imagine playing to cut/hold the ball and risking the three running around the table in the event of a mis-fire.

But from a player like John, I am open to scrutiny.

That's ok,I know I'm not going to be right every time.Alot of these type shots are just up to how you feel and how you've been hitting these type of shots that day.One other HUGE factor on this shot Is If It's new or old cloth.Or better put...which day of the dcc. The first 3 or 4 days that shot Is pretty easy,But the last few days It does become alot tougher. So with that said, the last few days you guys are probably right.The first few days me and jason will just
stiff It with just a touch of Inside.The first few days you can hold this shot and hit a foot above the pocket and slide It on in. Hope that helps.John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
John,

I thought that if you played the score you would bank it to the other pocket. You only need one ball. He did bank it the way you said and it hit the 3 ball.

View attachment 2663

Dennis,I think that the sell out % are about the same on this shot. I think that's why he ended up shooting It the way he did. Like him,I think that as far as making a ball, the 3 Is your best chance at actually making a ball.
IMO,John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Like I said before..

Like I said before..

As I expounded on in the other thread, (Shannon vs Brian) I aint gonna lose the game on this shot. I could sure win it because I would take a free straight back on the one, back under the pocket past the 3 ball, but I would pass across the face of the rt side of the one ball with pocket speed; the cue ball would continue to the long rail and then roll down to the cushion of the short rail, leaving my oppo back in deep sh*t if I miss the straight back. I figure to get another shot right away and I leave the balls where even if he stabs in a rail to rail straight back off the rail, he still doesnt figure to be able to win with the way I leave the balls.

From my point of view, when I need all the balls, the last place I want to start from, is glued to a cushion. Especially when I look out there and see the balls hanging in the pocket or otherwise out of play.

Beard
One more thing. The fact that my oppo knows that he is seldom going to get nice easy chances to win, becomes telling psychologically, over the course of the match.