If You Could Ask Any One Pool Player Any One Question …

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
Dear Gentle Readers,

I should imagine that the ‘who’ would precede the ‘what.’ Who would you select - - Willie? Efren? Keith? Earl? Each one, and dozens of others, could prove to be fascinating to you deft interrogators.

As to what to ask … well, limited to only one question, I’d forego my usual flippancy. I wouldn’t, for example, ask Niels if he really, truly, honestly is happily married to a gorgeous wife with beautiful children way up there in Scandinavia. Or wherever he settled.

(Although Niels updates would be acceptable. Just in case.)

So the question before this tribunal of wisdom is twofold: who and what?

Curiosity is my life,

Sunny

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Dear Gentle Readers,

I should imagine that the ‘who’ would precede the ‘what.’ Who would you select - - Willie? Efren? Keith? Earl? Each one, and dozens of others, could prove to be fascinating to you deft interrogators.

As to what to ask … well, limited to only one question, I’d forego my usual flippancy. I wouldn’t, for example, ask Niels if he really, truly, honestly is happily married to a gorgeous wife with beautiful children way up there in Scandinavia. Or wherever he settled.

(Although Niels updates would be acceptable. Just in case.)

So the question before this tribunal of wisdom is twofold: who and what?

Curiosity is my life,

Sunny
What do you want to be when you grow up???????

beatle

Verified Member
why do you think i should back you with my money when you cant win with your own?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
why do you think i should back you with my money when you cant win with your own?
This is what Bugs told to one of his people. He told him. When he was asked would you bet your own money playing Artie. And Bugs told the guy. Why would I bet my own money. When I cant win with a backer. To me that's a very strong reply.

JAM

Verified Member
JAM asks Keith, "What is your favorite pool memory?" :cool:

Stay tuned. I am going to ask him this question when he rises and shines and post his reply. :D

kollegedave

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
I would ask them what they think they did to help their development as a player when they were a "good amateur" player that was the biggest factor in their game improving to "pro level". If Billy I, John Henderson, Tom Wirth, or any pro player would like to answer this, I would greatly appreciate it.

kollegedave

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If You Could Ask Any One Pool Player Any One Question …

One could ask Artie Bodendorfer what is the true secret to winning One Pocket? That would be a great place to start. However i think I might ask Hayden Lingo for his book :D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
One could ask Artie Bodendorfer what is the true secret to winning One Pocket? That would be a great place to start. However i think I might ask Hayden Lingo for his book :D

steve
if you pay attention
its to play MISTAKE FREE
NEVER LEAVE HIM A SHOT TO SHOOT AT
no one can breathe without air
artie correct me if im wrong so i can learn

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Larry

Larry

I agree with your answer completely...however to do so is not as simple as "mistake free" sounds...and that is what most don't understand...

B

Ross Keith Thompson

Verified Member
From
madisonville, texas
Developing into a pro

Developing into a pro

The only way anyone can step up to the pro level is watching the top players play. Where that would be now days I wouldn't know. Houston may have had one of the legendary action spots in the country (LaCue club) in downtown. Players such as Jersey Red, Craig Stephens, Danny Jones, Tall Jeff, Grady Mathews made there home here for a time and I had a front row seat of most of the games they played in the late sixties and I watched and absorbed. By my 18th birthday I won the All around World title at Johnston city Ill. in 1970. This will be in paperback soon, so that's what watching great players will do for you. You have to watch and understand what they're doing to improve your game to the highest level. All the greats of the sixties and seventies came thru Houston and I watched them and learned, also played some of them. There is not very many of us left, feel free to ask a question of this era.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
steve
if you pay attention
its to play MISTAKE FREE
Its not about giving him a shot. Its about controlling the whole game. And maneuvering him into potting him in a position. Where he has to make a mistake. And he cant play safe. Pu thing a person in this position. Is like having won the game already.

Because once you get your opponent in this position. You keep him locked up. Where he cant get out. And its not about running 8 and out. Its about making as many balls as you can from that position. Without gambling on your shot breaking up the balls. And trapping yourself. And you let your opponent get out of the trap. And can reverse the trap and but you in there.

Its playing the complete game without taking risks chances or hard shots. You make as many balls as you can. And then keep your opponent locked up. The good shooters and player. Gamble and take chances breaking up balls or shooting balls into another ball. But that will take away from you having complete control. And where you leave the object ball. And cue ball.

Leaving the cue ball just one inch from were you want the cue ball to be. Can loose you the entire game. And there are complete no no's were you never want to leave the cue ball. If you plan and figure out ahead of time. You can force your opponent to shot what you want him to shot. Because he has no other shot or safe place to but the cue ball. And if he shoots your shot. He will fall deeper into your trap.

You can improve your game a lot by thinking and learning. Especially if you have reached your shooting potential. The only way you can keep improving is through knowledge.

Everybody practices shooting banking position Accuracy stroke fundamentals. People do this there whole life and never learn how to play. Knowing how to play and think. Makes the game way more fun and exciting. Forget the old ways just practicing shooting braking the balls. playing position and fundamentals. People give lessons. And spend two life times. On fundamentals. Most champions have different fundamentals stroke and stances.

My advice and I can prove this. Is learn how to play what to do what to shoot. Figuring out before you shot what you want to do. And whats a good position to leave your opponent. If there is one person on this site. That is a av arg shooter. That cannot improve his game. And has been playing this same way for 3 or 5 years. I will do this just to prove what I am saying is correct and the truth. And we will see after one week if this player improves or not.

I can tell you one thing whoever this person is. Your game will not improve. Looking to shoot better and improving your fundamentals. Knowledge is how you improve to be number one.

I can make a great shooter with knowledge the greatest player of them all. People do not practice learning the game. We all no what people practice. If you do not have the ability. You cannot be a champion with the knowledge. You must have the ability. And you can learn the knowledge and become the worlds greatest. It does not work the other way around. Without ability the knowledge can not make you a champion.

The knowledge will make you way better. Than you would be without the knowledge. And with learning and knowledge you can keep improving. Because your knowledge. will improve your game and mistakes.

What I am w righting you will not her from another person. Because they never played this way. Or learned how to improve your game through knowledge. Even the greatest players don't have these answers. And I have never meet a player. Who thinks and plays this way. I am giving this to the world and I hope that it will improve and help every body's game and thinking. What I am saying and giving to everyone. Is something you cannot get or buy anywhere. Keep improving you knowledge and watch your game improve with your knowledge.

I hope one day some great champion comes along and says yes this is how I became a champion. By improving my game through knowledge. Not just shooting and fundamentals. You will make yourself and your game stronger and more powerful. With knowledge. Knowledge will improve your confidence and your self esteem.

Go and learn the game you love. AB Middler

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Its not about giving him a shot. Its about controlling the whole game. And maneuvering him into potting him in a position. Where he has to make a mistake. And he cant play safe. Pu thing a person in this position. Is like having won the game already.

Because once you get your opponent in this position. You keep him locked up. Where he cant get out. And its not about running 8 and out. Its about making as many balls as you can from that position. Without gambling on your shot breaking up the balls. And trapping yourself. And you let your opponent get out of the trap. And can reverse the trap and but you in there.

Its playing the complete game without taking risks chances or hard shots. You make as many balls as you can. And then keep your opponent locked up. The good shooters and player. Gamble and take chances breaking up balls or shooting balls into another ball. But that will take away from you having complete control. And where you leave the object ball. And cue ball.

Leaving the cue ball just one inch from were you want the cue ball to be. Can loose you the entire game. And there are complete no no's were you never want to leave the cue ball. If you plan and figure out ahead of time. You can force your opponent to shot what you want him to shot. Because he has no other shot or safe place to but the cue ball. And if he shoots your shot. He will fall deeper into your trap.

You can improve your game a lot by thinking and learning. Especially if you have reached your shooting potential. The only way you can keep improving is through knowledge.

Everybody practices shooting banking position Accuracy stroke fundamentals. People do this there whole life and never learn how to play. Knowing how to play and think. Makes the game way more fun and exciting. Forget the old ways just practicing shooting braking the balls. playing position and fundamentals. People give lessons. And spend two life times. On fundamentals. Most champions have different fundamentals stroke and stances.

My advice and I can prove this. Is learn how to play what to do what to shoot. Figuring out before you shot what you want to do. And whats a good position to leave your opponent. If there is one person on this site. That is a av arg shooter. That cannot improve his game. And has been playing this same way for 3 or 5 years. I will do this just to prove what I am saying is correct and the truth. And we will see after one week if this player improves or not.

I can tell you one thing whoever this person is. Your game will not improve. Looking to shoot better and improving your fundamentals. Knowledge is how you improve to be number one.

I can make a great shooter with knowledge the greatest player of them all. People do not practice learning the game. We all no what people practice. If you do not have the ability. You cannot be a champion with the knowledge. You must have the ability. And you can learn the knowledge and become the worlds greatest. It does not work the other way around. Without ability the knowledge can not make you a champion.

The knowledge will make you way better. Than you would be without the knowledge. And with learning and knowledge you can keep improving. Because your knowledge. will improve your game and mistakes.

What I am w righting you will not her from another person. Because they never played this way. Or learned how to improve your game through knowledge. Even the greatest players don't have these answers. And I have never meet a player. Who thinks and plays this way. I am giving this to the world and I hope that it will improve and help every body's game and thinking. What I am saying and giving to everyone. Is something you cannot get or buy anywhere. Keep improving you knowledge and watch your game improve with your knowledge.

I hope one day some great champion comes along and says yes this is how I became a champion. By improving my game through knowledge. Not just shooting and fundamentals. You will make yourself and your game stronger and more powerful. With knowledge. Knowledge will improve your confidence and your self esteem.

This is golden. Thanks, Artie, for this. I would like to volunteer to be the average shooter that will get a lot better with your knowledge. I'd really like to be the guy who proved you right.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
This is golden. Thanks, Artie, for this. I would like to volunteer to be the average shooter that will get a lot better with your knowledge. I'd really like to be the guy who proved you right.

petie
i hope we BOTH are....:)
thanks artie for your incite...:)

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky

To recap:
1. Run traps;
2. Play smart;
3. Don't give up shots;
4. Acquire knowledge

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
steve
if you pay attention
its to play MISTAKE FREE
What I am saying there is gold at the end of the rain bow.

And there is light at the end of the tunnel. Larry I don't think I ever meet you. So I have to ask you do you play a lot of pool and how often. So If I decide to improve your game through knowledge. There will have to be some way. That you can check and see if you improved and how much.

Who do you play like. And how do you play that person. Who wins. And how do you stand with that person. Winning and loosing games. How much would you have to improve in knowledge to be a consistent winner playing him. And you will see and feel that you can win.

It wont be will play and see what happens. And when you play this person. He will see a change in your game. Less mistakes. And smarter shots. And leaving him in tougher positions. And figuring out before you shoot. What you want to do. And were you want to leave the cue ball.

You will see there are no accidents. And your confidence and game will improve. And you will feel better about yourself and your game. If this happens. It will be in las vegas because I watch my granddaughter 24 hours a day. But we can make it happen and we will make it work. I am not selling anything. I am only bringing out the truth and showing how strong knowledge is