I. Runnels vs. E. Strickland

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
i dont see how you coul "kick with pace" from this cue ball position and be confident to control the cue ball,

i figured that would be the responce
hoping to have an angle to clear some balls and not be frozen to the rail so i could then use some pace if need be and stick the cue ball if necessary

Larry, you dont need much speed at all to move the 10 ball to your side. I dont like using a lot speed here, just enough to move the 10 ball unto my side. You dont think Earl has enough talent to get the proper speed and hit on this kick to control both balls? I do. Keith

Skin

Verified Member
since this is the weii table i would probably take a scratch and leave him like this frozen and underneath the 10 so he cant see the 1 or fourteen or anything else but foot rail and side rail....:D
View attachment 6086

Yes, that was the shot I described if I fouled, Larry. ;)

Skin

Skin

Verified Member
see post #11 where i quoted you to give you credit for the shot
(in bold letters)
it extended to post # 12
;)
:D

Jes' yanking your chain a little, Larry. Good diagramming, :)

Skin

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Jes' yanking your chain a little, Larry. Good diagramming, :)

Skin

skin be carefull about the common cliches you throw about:eek:
i know you are speaking figuratively
but if you have been reading the members section
we both might be getting some "comments " from you know who
:heh
you and me are "cool" in a very non bromance way:)

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Jump

Jump

Earl's favorite shot, jump the eleven ball left english hit side rail ,back rail kick under ten ball ticky and hit fourteen ball in and run out. You have to be creative in this situation.Now I know you guys will say I'm crazy but remember who Earl is.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Earl's favorite shot, jump the eleven ball left english hit side rail ,back rail kick under ten ball ticky and hit fourteen ball in and run out. You have to be creative in this situation.Now I know you guys will say I'm crazy but remember who Earl is.

using your own cue that would be a legal shot
not a bad guess

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

FEF,

Everybody here knows that sooner or later I'm going to show what Earl shot. Most of us would like to know what you would do?:) I, for one, enjoy all the different ideas and shots the people here come up with.

Dennis

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Okay, I see one more shot, and if it goes Earl could run out from here. I don't think there is a chance in hell Earl sees it though. (of course if I am wrong, I guess I sure misjudged Earl!).

It looks to me like the 11 and the 15 are laying about perfect for a "split shot", where Earl would need to hit the 11 first, and carom into the 15 (a little right english or not, depending on the size of the gap between the 11 and 15), the carom then sending the 15 to his pocket. The 11 would have some speed on it, and it also looks like Earl could aim it to do the job of knocking the 10-ball away from Ike's pocket -- i.e. the 11 goes a lot farther than my arrow indicates, and other balls move too.

If Earl shoots this and makes it Ike might as well quit because obviously Earl is just to damn smart along with being too damn straight a shooter to even bother trying to compete with :D:D

You laugh, but these shots go!

Attachments

• Greenshot_2012-06-06_20-58-46.jpg
    Greenshot_2012-06-06_20-58-46.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Okay, I see one more shot, and if it goes Earl could run out from here. I don't think there is a chance in hell Earl sees it though. (of course if I am wrong, I guess I sure misjudged Earl!).

It looks to me like the 11 and the 15 are laying about perfect for a "split shot", where Earl would need to hit the 11 first, and carom into the 15 (a little right english or not, depending on the size of the gap between the 11 and 15), the carom then sending the 15 to his pocket. The 11 would have some speed on it, and it also looks like Earl could aim it to do the job of knocking the 10-ball away from Ike's pocket -- i.e. the 11 goes a lot farther than my arrow indicates, and other balls move too.

If Earl shoots this and makes it Ike might as well quit because obviously Earl is just to damn smart along with being too damn straight a shooter to even bother trying to compete with :D:D

You laugh, but these shots go!

I had mentioned that as well. You are right, it may go and he may shoot it. It seems he may need to be a little over to his right to shoot it effectively, it is hard to judge coming from there, but it is no doubt a possibility. When in a lot of trouble, it really may not be so bad... but i'd still soft kick the 10 :D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Providing there isn't a decent option the long rail kick utilizing the
intentional scratch option is my choice. Kicking to your opponents pocket will buy you some time and possibly earn you a better shot to get out of the break.

Dr. Bill

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Steve, you may have had too many after dinner cocktails.:D I don't think the split shot is on, being too far split. And Earl probably hasn't played enough straight pool to see those shots. There again, it's difficult to gauge from a picture.

I'm with Jimmy B. From the second picture on post #1 it looks to me like the CB can get through the gap. If so, it's a simple left-hand english shot to kick off the rail to hit the 10.

If that shot wasn't on, then I'd probably lag up to the head rail, and roll the CB down behind the 10.

But Earl can get wild. He might even take a poke at the 8-13 combination and run the CB around 3 rails...:eek:

Doc

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
It looks like Earl might have a little window to kick behind the stripe by Ike's pocket. If so, ideally a little left english to drop behind those two stripes.

Steve,

I believe you win a cookie. I think this is what he attempted but he didn't execute it.

Earl1.jpg

The cueball hit the 11 thin and then hit the 7 & 10. He kissed the 10 again as it came out of the corner and got safe:eek:. Naturally, since he came out O.K. he didn't cry a bit, in fact he acted as if he'd played it like this:p. Of course the audience applauded and the commentators gushed instead of realizing that Earl had made an error.

Some of their comments: That was a pretty creative shot...It very much was...It was a great shot...Well planned & well executed.

Earl's Greatness.jpg

He left Ike here:

EG2.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
All Earl did here was put himself in a position to loose the game for sure.

I would play anyone in the world from this position.

To lose from here you would have to drop dead.

He should have shot at the 1 ball.

Bill S.

Skin

Verified Member
Dennis, I can't find that video online but I seriously doubt that Earl shoots that badly, especiall as close as the cb was to the 11. It looks to me like he was playing the double carom (11-7) and may have been intending to either go to the long rail - or to the short rail - off the 7 and then underneath the 10. He just caromed into the 7 at the wrong angle but the speed he hit the shot saved him.

I questioned whether there was enough room to go straight to the long rail, but I guess Earl answered that. There wasn't.

Skin

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
I would shoot at the 1 ball and draw the cue ball down near his pocket.

Not a difficult shot for a 9 ball player like Earl.

Bill S.

I would just bump the 9 and try to freeze up so he has to tree top the next shot.

I agree with Bill.

Ken

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dennis, I can't find that video online but I seriously doubt that Earl shoots that badly, especiall as close as the cb was to the 11. It looks to me like he was playing the double carom (11-7) and may have been intending to either go to the long rail - or to the short rail - off the 7 and then underneath the 10. He just caromed into the 7 at the wrong angle but the speed he hit the shot saved him.

I questioned whether there was enough room to go straight to the long rail, but I guess Earl answered that. There wasn't.

Skin

Error I says:):p:D.

God himself couldn't convince me that Earl played that shot.

P.S. Sometimes, when the eyes go bad, they go bad up close.

Dennis

Skin

Verified Member
Error I says:):p:D.

God himself couldn't convince me that Earl played that shot.

P.S. Sometimes, when the eyes go bad, they go bad up close.

Dennis

Well whatever happened, that's a great look at Earl's supercue. The guy is a nut, but he's interesting.

Skin