I require a tally-is this a lock?

ChicagoPlayer1

Well-Known-Member
If you knew someone had taken the time to find,
then travel,
then interview and film the greatest players in the world, both on and off the table, in action and in tournament play, those passed on (32 have passed by my count, and of those 32, 28 on film) and those still living, as well casual life and personal moments and did the same thing with the industry side of pool and then
went to the professional golfers at the FedEx Cup-Cog Hill to draw comparisons between our sports (and then meet a 6'4'' Gail Boudreaux, former WPGA and WNBA star and her family-who play pool-who now is currently the President of United Health Care Insurance IL.)
and then
go with Barry Hearn, the owner of Matchroom Sport to
The World Dart Championships to show how Barry Hearn turns a tournament into an event, as myself and Brandon Shuff and 4 of the producers of "Britain's Got Talent", "X Factor" and the owner of 888.com watch the spectacle that is a Matchroom Sport production as well as 2 years unfettered access to every Matchroom event around the globe, including practice room moments, before and after matches, dinners and behind the scenes moments.
now take a girl who grew up in the Chicago rooms
where TCOM were filmed, watching and playing pool with the legends of the sport like "Bugs", "Jet" Billy I, Larry S., Chris G., Joey G., Freddy B., "Piggy", Sang Lee, Rafael M., Rudolfo L., Santos S. to name a few
Now, instill in her the desire to elevate the sport to the level that it merits and prevent her beloved mentors from ever dying broke and penniless again, by the woes of life or by their own hands.
I am blinded by my love for all of you, even the most wretched pessimistic, unappreciative, cons, knockers and haters.
There is love in my heart for you, because you've had to endure,
even if that meant giving up your dignity, your morals and your loyalties to chase a dollar or to chase a thrill or both.
I have had people from within our community piss on my parade,
saying that we weren't worth investing consideration in or saving.
"We" aren't worth it?

We have some of the greatest talent and thinking minds in the world,
strong enough to rival the military strategists of any country
and we're not worth it???

It is because I know pool,
I love pool and the people who play, the way I do,
that I have spent the time, money, and energy to film these moments.
I am sitting on 7years and 600 hours of gold that I am creating
"Raising the Hustler" from with The Making of RTH" chapters to follow that couldn't be included in the film.

So my question to you is-
how many of you feel this is a "lock"

-CK

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i like documentaries.

i think the best documentary ever made was "pumping iron." what this movie did to that segment of society and that industry is amazing. and it has been sustained.

the tone and synergy of the narration is great:
"Gold's Gym. Venice, California. Where many of the best bodybuilders in the world come to train."
or
"Arnold Schwarzenegger. Twenty-eight years old, 6'2" and 240 pounds. Mr. Olympia for the past five years. He is preparing to defend his title this year for the last time."

i think what made it so good is that it had all the literary elements of a well written book.

ChicagoPlayer1

Well-Known-Member
George Fels-

George Fels-

i like documentaries.

i think the best documentary ever made was "pumping iron." what this movie did to that segment of society and that industry is amazing. and it has been sustained.

the tone and synergy of the narration is great:
"Gold's Gym. Venice, California. Where many of the best bodybuilders in the world come to train."
or
"Arnold Schwarzenegger. Twenty-eight years old, 6'2" and 240 pounds. Mr. Olympia for the past five years. He is preparing to defend his title this year for the last time."

i think what made it so good is that it had all the literary elements of a well written book.

Yes it did and coincidentally both "Pumping Iron" and Chasing Wincardona" as well as "Raising the Hustler" have George's influence, not to the extent that Pumping Iron did, but all the same- he is a long time friend.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I posted in AZ Billiards in the forum section.You're on your way to be very successful. Your biggest fan, FastEddieF.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Pool is Life

Pool is Life

If anything was a guaranteed lock, it would come with two keys.

Everything that happens in a pool room or a competition happens within all families and work places and throughout life, its just has much better lighting. As a youth very few if any realize this, but age seems to bring this into focus. We have the greatest demographic melting pot of people, and from that it's more creative than the company IDEO, who developed the mouse for Steve Jobs and changed the shape of a pringle chip, so it would sell better. Pool players are artistic, and no different than the great Picasso, whom I always compare to Efren. We have an instrument, like the greats in music....Pool is ''the arts'', as it's presence percolates from within to form a Hollman, or an Archer, or a Souquet, or a Ronnie O'Sullivan or the Pearl. It takes us for a ride, only the sprit can describe and realize. We may at times wish we didn't go, and other times we can't stop. Those who produce documentaries and great movies like Scent of a Woman, are in a different and fulfilling place in life. Then there's ESPN and their boiler plate programming.........................................

time for bed, my grandson wore me the heck out after three days, phew....

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Hi honey,

If I said I'll hopefully have to start pronouncing your last name the "other way" would you understand what I mean?

We've got pool games to finish you know, I forget what we were betting but that's OK because I can just make something up.:eek: ;)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
If anything was a guaranteed lock, it would come with two keys.

Everything that happens in a pool room or a competition happens within all families and work places and throughout life, its just has much better lighting. As a youth very few if any realize this, but age seems to bring this into focus. We have the greatest demographic melting pot of people, and from that it's more creative than the company IDEO, who developed the mouse for Steve Jobs and changed the shape of a pringle chip, so it would sell better. Pool players are artistic, and no different than the great Picasso, whom I always compare to Efren. We have an instrument, like the greats in music....Pool is ''the arts'', as it's presence percolates from within to form a Hollman, or an Archer, or a Souquet, or a Ronnie O'Sullivan or the Pearl. It takes us for a ride, only the sprit can describe and realize. We may at times wish we didn't go, and other times we can't stop. Those who produce documentaries and great movies like Scent of a Woman, are in a different and fulfilling place in life. Then there's ESPN and their boiler plate programming.........................................

time for bed, my grandson wore me the heck out after three days, phew....

This is how I feel. I was reading some tweet messages from Roseanne Cash, and she was talking about a Van Gogh that had been in someones attic and had come to light. He only sold one while he was alive. Rosanne said she was going to take a trip to see it. But The Cheesekeeper's work would be infinitely more exciting to me. For her labor of love she gets the grand prize E award. I will post a pic in case there may be a rare few of you that are not going to make the trip to The Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam to check out 'Sunset At Montmajour"

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I'm really looking forward to your film! It looks like a monumental effort and you clearly have a talent for narrative and drama (drama in the compelling sense, not in the reality tv sense).

I was going to say that even before I realized that I think we used to play each other somewhat regularly for a stretch sometime in the mid 1990s. Probably mostly at the Mark II?? Fortunately for me, I don't think you were filming back then.

In any case, best of luck!

Cory

Shortstop

Verified Member
From
Chisqztown
I too am looking forward to seeing the film...In the last 20 yeas or so,I have attended tournaments in Kentucky.Indiana,Las Vegas,Chris`s & Red Shoes In Chicago...Angel would always be there,shooting film of the players,the sweaters,the matches,the match-ups,the woofing & all the action!
She has to have miles of film..Every time I would walk up to her & ask "When are you going to do something,with this film"...She would look at me..smile & say "Someday".
I am glad "Someday" is here...I can`t wait to see it...I know it will be great!!