I managed to lose this game yesterday

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
androd said:
What would you've done.:confused: Obviously I could use some advice. :)
I need one and was left like this. I'm pocket A It's my shot B is the CB.
Rod.

[CUETABLE]http://pool.bz/P/?@1BVcp4EWaq4Qcpp3RYnn@%5b/HTM@[/CUETABLE]
I would have just 3 rail kicked that 5 right in the hole and put him out of his misery..and started rackin em for his break..because I'd of been "locked and loaded"..well loaded anyway :D
P.S. By the way Rod ..if that was me playin you .. after 3 rail kickin that sucker in ..I'd of unscrewed my cue .. borrowed your bottle of listerine mouthwash :p and have a beer....or two

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
I would have kicked off the side rail into the front of the 2 ball and left both balls on the end rail.

Very easy kick using the mirrow ball system.

Bill Stroud

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
bstroud said:
I would have kicked off the side rail into the front of the 2 ball and left both balls on the end rail.

Bill Stroud
Yours is definetly the smarter shot but if I'm playin Rod I want it over and done with so I can get into his "special bottle of mouthwash" :p

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
bstroud said:

Bill Stroud
Because of the distance, if you got a little table roll off and hit the two too much on the right, you might wind up in the drink with that shot.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
I don't know why you guys want to give your opponent a chance to win the game on his next shot - when you don't have to..:rolleyes:..I'm not kicking at the 2 because shooting off the rail from 8 feet away you could easily kick it just a little bit bad and give him a chance to cut the 2 in, while also playing 2-rail zig-zag shape to get on the cross-corner bank on the 5, and now you just lost the game...

And I'm not shooting the 2 in either, and daring him to slow-roll the spotted 2 in, and then banking the 5 to win the game...

When good players are given these kind of opportunities, they will very often rise to the occasion and make you pay...

What I would do here is softly cut the 2 ball to the left as my wei diagram shows...now I've positioned the 2 where it banks into my pocket, and he has a big problem trying to remove the 5ball without leaving me a winning straight back bank on the 5.

- Ghost

[CUETABLE]http://pool.bz/P/?@1BUeo4EXPp3PYOn1VUeo1VUfo1VTpW3kYOn1kVcg1kcPp1kaTt@[/CUETABLE]
I respectfully submit that the shot you diagrammed the way it shows up on my computer is not possible.
I see a less than half ball hit with the object ball {the 2}traveling farther than the cueball after contact}, I don't think this is possible.
It may be I am seeing the diagram different than you.
I'll leave it to everyone to figure out what they think happens if you don't hit it great, which doesn't always
happen when you are slow rolling .

Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
Ahem...the 2 banks without a kiss, doesn't it? ;) Looks like it without my WEI glasses, anyway. That's my shot if it's on.

Skin

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Billy Jackets said:
I respectfully submit that the shot you diagrammed the way it shows up on my computer is not possible.
I see a less than half ball hit with the object ball {the 2}traveling farther than the cueball after contact}, I don't think this is possible.
I'll leave it to everyone to figure out what they think happens if you don't hit it great, which doesn't always

B-Jackets....As to your first point - I just gave a general area for the cueball and 2ball to end up - if they end up an inch or so different then where I positioned them, it doesn't matter - the shot is still a go...

As to your second point re. the loss of accuracy with slow-rolling the cueball - of course that's a concern - hopefully the shooter knows the table, and it rolls straight...and by the way, did you happen to notice that Dennis's, Billy Stroud's, and everybody else's shot choices also require a slow roll - so why didn't/don't you question all of them on that point as well.

- Ghost

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Billy Jackets said:

Billy,

I am not sure what part of this shot doesn't match reality for you...

I have adjusted the balls to be closer to real life but in my opinion how the ghost diagrammed it was close enough to show the concept of his shot.

This only thing that was sort of off was the location of the center of the balls but this could be border line nit picking. Wei diagrams are a great communication tool but can be a source of disagreement--> because of the viewers interpretation. I believe on a real table the ghost would have no problem executing this shot as he showed it.

Dud

[CUETABLE]http://pool.bz/P/?@1BUeo4EXPp3PYOn1VUeo1VUWk1VTpWzc3kYOn1kVkY1kbRp1kaTtzc@[/CUETABLE]

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
As to your second point re. the loss of accuracy with slow-rolling the cueball - of course that's a concern - hopefully the shooter knows the table, and it rolls straight...and by the way, did you happen to notice that Dennis's, Billy Stroud's, and everybody else's shot choices also require a slow roll - so why didn't/don't you question all of them on that point as well.

- Ghost
Ahem, when Dennis made his post he specifically stated that if the 2 was not pocketed it would still be o.k. with him. That was in deference to the possibility of the rock rolling off a little. That's why he (Billy Jackets) didn't question it:eek: .

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Skin said:
Ahem...the 2 banks without a kiss, doesn't it? ;) Looks like it without my WEI glasses, anyway. That's my shot if it's on.

Skin
skin on what criteria are you saying there is no kiss??

Skin

Verified Member
lll said:
skin on what criteria are you saying there is no kiss??

cb goes by the 2 into the pocket, Larry. Looks to me also with inside there won't be a kiss. But, the pockets are huge on the WEI, too. ;)

Skin

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
skin i use that also with the caveat if you use inside english to determine if there is a kiss
to me the cue ball doesnt go into the pocket the object ball goes blocks it
ie there is a kiss.
im 58
havent had an eye exam in a while:)
if you use freddys method of if the line of centers of the balls hit the facing there is a kiss then there is no kiss
freddy i know you have the link where you explained this better
please post it
i know i need to read it again:eek:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
Ahem, when Dennis made his post he specifically stated that if the 2 was not pocketed it would still be o.k. with him. That was in deference to the possibility of the rock rolling off a little. That's why he (Billy Jackets) didn't question it:eek: .

Dennis

Ok Dennis the Menace, thanks for clearing that up for me..:rolleyes:..I'll go back right this very minute and delete my reference to you and your shot from my post...not...:cool:

- Gost

Skin

Verified Member
lll said:
skin i use that also with the caveat if you use inside english to determine if there is a kiss
to me the cue ball doesnt go into the pocket the object ball goes blocks it
ie there is a kiss.
im 58
havent had an eye exam in a while:)
if you use freddys method of if the line of centers of the balls hit the facing there is a kiss then there is no kiss
freddy i know you have the link where you explained this better
please post it
i know i need to read it again:eek:

Alright, Larry. Was jes saying is all...:D

btw: does that mean I am right, wrong, or just blind? :eek: ;)

Skin

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
androd said:
What would you've done.:confused: Obviously I could use some advice. :)
I need one and was left like this. I'm pocket A It's my shot B is the CB.
Rod.

[CUETABLE]http://pool.bz/P/?@1BVcp4EWaq4Qcpp3RYnn@%5b/HTM@[/CUETABLE]
I can't stand the suspense anymore Rod, how did you lose the game?

Dennis

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Skin said:

Skin
I thought it was close also Skin but figured that was too easy, so he must have diagrammed it a little off .
Even if the 2 doesn't bank , as long as you don't rocket it to the other end , you might carom off the 5 into the pocket or even make the 5 off the 2.
I like the idea of both balls near my corner against most players.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
B-Jackets....As to your first point - I just gave a general area for the cueball and 2ball to end up - if they end up an inch or so different then where I positioned them, it doesn't matter - the shot is still a go...

- Ghost
I singled you out to pick on because I don't like sheets.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I set this up earlier to just see how the shots suggested here played. I tried kicking the 2 ball softly and 4/4 times I doubled him up so he my opponent could not hit the 5 directly. Ghost shot worked out but it was very speed sensitive and believe it or not the bank actually went down towards the 5 ball. If I was in this position I would kick the 2 as Dick suggested, it seems like the best shot and you actually put your opponent in a bad spot that could win you the game. :)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
I can't stand the suspense anymore Rod, how did you lose the game?

Dennis

Well as usual I decided to go for it. Since I needed one I thought I'd leave the 2 ball where it was. Didn't look like I could scratch. Guess I shot a little hard. After the hit, the 5 ball and the CB kissed and left him a easy shot.:eek:
Rod.
PS. I shouldn't be such a gofer. :D
P.P.S. He hung the 2 ball. I got it out but left a shot and he made it.
P.P.P.S The 2 ball did look close to a kiss.

[CUETABLE]http://pool.bz/P/?@1BVcp4EWRm4PaDh4Qcpp4YWaq4YWjn4YXws4YSbD3kYnn1kccx2kBtg2kbOH4kWRf4kcHa4kYFi4kaDh@%255b/HTM@[/CUETABLE]