How Long?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
Fast Lenny said:
I would be interested in seeing you take a player like Shane or maybe a young guy like John Morra who is an up and comer but not really a one pocket player that I know of. The reason why I suggest someone other then Shane is because Shane won the one pocket already but then again if he did it a second time it might be very convincing of his prowess.

Another young guy who has some great ability and shotmaking is Mitch Ellerman of Arizona who won the Jay Swanson tournament and just took 2nd this month in that same tournament. It seems you would like to take and pass your one pocket knowledge onto someone with talent and ability, a protege so to speak. This is what I have gathered from your story unless I am mistaken or just stupid, probably the latter, haha.

I am glad that you responded that makes me feel good that I am not just wrighting this for my health. I have too see the player. I cant do something with a player that needs too learn the baskics off the game.

I picket Shane because off hus ability and dedication. And he could execuite what I would tell him tioo do. WE no Scott is the better player. And I think we both no that Scott is a ball better then Shane.

I think both players will agree to that. I dont no if Alex could be a good person too play Scott. But I dont no Alex.

And I never realy watched him play one pocket or what he does or what style he palys or shoots. .

Cory Duel might be a good player for the game. Or maybe one off the good phillopino shooters. I realy dont no them. But thier are some players that I would pick.

If I new how good Buddy Hall is still shooting I would love too do it with Buddy Hall. BUt Scott might be too much over him . Because Buddys Health and lack off compatition.

And how much has Buddys game changed. But watching Buddy play. Or spending one day with Buddy I could give you the answer. And I no budy could get two or three balls from Scott.

And Buddy would be playing Scott even. 4 out off 7. I wish it would be 5 ahead but Buddy is in no shape too play that kind off session. And thier would have too be a good peace off money involved.

Because Scott is not going too play his heart out for 5 hunderd dollaers. And niether is buddy. And Thier would have too be money odds on the game . Because Scott is a Clear FAvorite,.

He is number one and Budy is not going up hill. I am sure everyone will agree with that.

And I am sure Scott can get a thousand backers. Too Play buddy even and just giving up odds on the money line.

And I think Toney will put up big money for buddy because he likes Buddy I hope. And Toney knowes some big money people

And I think that can happen for big money. It all depends on how Buddys game is. And his Heathy.

But that would be my second choice If the dont want to go up against shane. Wich Scott is the better player by at least a ball. Thats

How I see it. Scoot has too be the favorite even no matter what. Dont you think so.
 

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
Joined
May 15, 2005
Messages
2,216
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I am glad that you responded that makes me feel good that I am not just wrighting this for my health. I have too see the player. I cant do something with a player that needs too learn the baskics off the game.

I picket Shane because off hus ability and dedication. And he could execuite what I would tell him tioo do. WE no Scott is the better player. And I think we both no that Scott is a ball better then Shane.

I think both players will agree to that. I dont no if Alex could be a good person too play Scott. But I dont no Alex.

And I never realy watched him play one pocket or what he does or what style he palys or shoots. .

Cory Duel might be a good player for the game. Or maybe one off the good phillopino shooters. I realy dont no them. But thier are some players that I would pick.

If I new how good Buddy Hall is still shooting I would love too do it with Buddy Hall. BUt Scott might be too much over him . Because Buddys Health and lack off compatition.

And how much has Buddys game changed. But watching Buddy play. Or spending one day with Buddy I could give you the answer. And I no budy could get two or three balls from Scott.

And Buddy would be playing Scott even. 4 out off 7. I wish it would be 5 ahead but Buddy is in no shape too play that kind off session. And thier would have too be a good peace off money involved.

Because Scott is not going too play his heart out for 5 hunderd dollaers. And niether is buddy. And Thier would have too be money odds on the game . Because Scott is a Clear FAvorite,.

He is number one and Budy is not going up hill. I am sure everyone will agree with that.

And I am sure Scott can get a thousand backers. Too Play buddy even and just giving up odds on the money line.

And I think Toney will put up big money for buddy because he likes Buddy I hope. And Toney knowes some big money people

And I think that can happen for big money. It all depends on how Buddys game is. And his Heathy.

But that would be my second choice If the dont want to go up against shane. Wich Scott is the better player by at least a ball. Thats

How I see it. Scoot has too be the favorite even no matter what. Dont you think so.
I am always reading and listening Artie, how do you think I got so smart?, it was not school that is for sure, haha.

I do think Scott is the best one pocket player in the world right now, I was hoping him and Efren would have played but things happen for a reason. It would not have been the match we all hoped for with Efren not in his best condition at the moment and Scott not playing too great either. I do believe that match will happen soon.

I think anything is possible and an odds on the money game with Buddy and Scott would not be a problem for those staking Scott. Obviously your talking about working with and teaching Buddy before they played, sounds interesting but I do not think Buddy can win. He is a great player but can he perform for big cash against the best, can he still execute perfectly as he once did for the big set, that is the real question.

Anything is possible as I said, we know that from upsets in different sports like Tyson getting beat by Douglas. I do hope that some of the matches we have spoke about on this site do happen.

I do also hope you look into Mitch Ellerman, he is only 5 hours away, can execute whatever you tell him to do and make any shot on the table also. He just lacks some of the deeper intellect of the game such as moving, I am not saying he is helpless because he is not at all, the game just goes deeper then what he has been playing.
 

Banks

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
386
I've played a dozen or two dozen times, but that's about it. Barboxes aren't really 1P worthy and I rarely go to an actual hall. I should probably work on changing that this year, though. Overall, been playing for just over 6 years. I needed something to do, went over to the bar across the street to maybe knock some balls around because I knew it had pool tables and I was deciding between that and bowling for something to do and was asked to join a league.. and here I am.

The bar use to have plaques up on the wall for a 2nd placing BCA open Vegas team, some others with the likes of Bill Cress, Brad Gowin, Pat Schumacher.. the owner(R.I.P.) use to have big tournaments back in the day, even having odds boards(he was a big gambler) and plenty of money games. Always wanted to bring that action back.. unfortunately, their tables are crap now because they're cheap and don't know wtf they're doing. I tried to get them to upgrade to diamonds last summer after their lease was up, instead they changed it to some dumbass supplier that had to come in 3 times to relevel the tables and they've still got roll on every one(one was even delivered without the coin mechanism).
 

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Joined
May 25, 2004
Messages
9,536
androd said:
Ask the GHOAST .

......:rolleyes:


wgcp said:
I usually give up 12-4 over here playing one-pocket... and can usually win a race to 5... run 3 and move to a safety...

I still think the ghost would have to give me 10-6 :eek: and the breaks :D though...

Bille

......:rolleyes:
 

lll

Verified Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
16,138
artie i know as much about gambling and pool as maybe your big toe :eek: :)
BUT
in my opinion you dont want to teach an older player who obviously is so overweight and unhealthy and count on him to perform under pressure.
no disrespect to buddy. ive watched you play on dvds and listened to your commentary and read the respect all the champions give you.
no question you HAD game.
i was once fat and lost 60 lbs and have kept it off for 15 plus years.
my very biased opinion is people who let themselves get to look like buddy lack discipline and not someone i would count on to protect my back.
again this is not personal no disrespect inteneded and i would vote for buddy as among the best ever
but except for players that were fat in their prime ie fats and wimpy
how many great players that were trim in thier prime played well when they got fat, out of shape. and had health problems that their obesity contributed to????

just sayin
 

lll

Verified Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
16,138
artie
find a protege to pass the legacy to.
someone who already or is close to be the shooter you never was and give him the brain
like the wizard of oz
find a tin man who can execute anything you tell them and like the lion give them your brain
they wont turn into dorothy
they might become world champion.

the scariest idea is for you to tutor scott.

would your style stifle or help him???

just askin
 

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
10,306
Fast Lenny said:
I do also hope you look into Mitch Ellerman, he is only 5 hours away, can execute whatever you tell him to do and make any shot on the table also. He just lacks some of the deeper intellect of the game such as moving, I am not saying he is helpless because he is not at all, the game just goes deeper then what he has been playing.
Lenny, I see why you'd pick Mitch. He's a good player who has potential to be a top player. But does he have the temperament to, A: take instruction, and B: to be able to incorporate a more squeeze type approach to his game, or to learn more about taking the correct shot?

This would be a golden opportunity for the player with the right potential. But of the top 20 players, who among them would be willing to take instruction and work on their 1P games?

Some guys have taken coaching. I know that Nick Varner worked with Hal Mix and others; and several guys have sought out coaching for brief periods. But my guess is that guys who are already doing well in 1P competition do not see the need for any game improvement coaching.

Both Gabe Owen and Sylver Ochoa strike me as guys who would like to broaden their games. I think guys like these are the types who might admit to some weakness in their 1P play, which coaching would sharpen.

Doc
 

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
4,271
gulfportdoc said:
Lenny, I see why you'd pick Mitch. He's a good player who has potential to be a top player. But does he have the temperament to, A: take instruction, and B: to be able to incorporate a more squeeze type approach to his game, or to learn more about taking the correct shot?

This would be a golden opportunity for the player with the right potential. But of the top 20 players, who among them would be willing to take instruction and work on their 1P games?

Some guys have taken coaching. I know that Nick Varner worked with Hal Mix and others; and several guys have sought out coaching for brief periods. But my guess is that guys who are already doing well in 1P competition do not see the need for any game improvement coaching.

Both Gabe Owen and Sylver Ochoa strike me as guys who would like to broaden their games. I think guys like these are the types who might admit to some weakness in their 1P play, which coaching would sharpen.

Doc


Sylver Ochoa mite be a good one but I dont no how he realy shoots. I no if I would have coached him 2

years ago he would never havev lost the last game.

BUt Dock wright now I am thinking of Boddy. And if his shooting is still good I would love too see what hapines.

Shane was My first choice. And At the time he was asking Scott for 9 to 7. He didnt get it but thatswhat he saket for.
 
Top