how do you rank yourself or others as a player.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
6 sounds about right for me. I take 9-7 from the local shortstops, 10-6 from the really strong non-pros, and haven't really had the chance to play the top echelon.

Cory

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I think I could break even with the Duck these days, so I'd put myself in at a 2.5, maybe a 3 on a good day. Banger scale I am like a strong 8 though.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
John Henderson wants to give me 9 to 8 (That's because he really believes he can probably give me 10 to 8). The truth is, if I was forced to play (big cheese of course), the right game is me giving him 9 to 8!:sorry

Beard

jrhendy

Verified Member
John Henderson wants to give me 9 to 8 (That's because he really believes he can probably give me 10 to 8). The truth is, if I was forced to play (big cheese of course), the right game is me giving him 9 to 8!:sorry

Beard
You are talking about banks of course. You could not possibly be talking about one pocket.:lol

I know I cut it a little close against the Ghost and the stall ALMOST backfired, but it looks like it worked.:D

Come to sunny California. All the champions will be in Sacramento next month for the Markulis Memorial at Hard Times.

I rank myself 9/8 better than Beard, whatever he is.

wgcp

Verified Member
Probably a 5 in playing ability, in banks or one pocket. Perhaps a 6 in knowledge of the games...

Bille :cool:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
You are talking about banks of course. You could not possibly be talking about one pocket.:lol

I know I cut it a little close against the Ghost and the stall ALMOST backfired, but it looks like it worked.:D

Come to sunny California. All the champions will be in Sacramento next month for the Markulis Memorial at Hard Times.

I rank myself 9/8 better than Beard, whatever he is.
One pocket, Egg. It's a good thing I really aint gunning for you, cause you would be easy pickin's. :lol

Beard

NH Steve

Administrator
I might move 7-ish and bank 6-ish but unfortunately I pocket and run balls only 4-ish. :( :frus

chicagomike

Verified Member
I shoot like a 7, but take unecessary risks for the occasional payoff. I probably have knowledge of a 6, but apply it like a 3.

boingo

Verified Member
Ranking?

Ranking?

I don't. I'm a pool bum, not a player. It goes without saying that I'm not qualified to rank others. I must say however that I enjoy life without that pressure, making a living gives me more than enough of that and fortunately I don't have to do that at pool.:D

wgcp

Verified Member
Pel

Pel

That response gets you a free drink or twenty on me at derby.

Bille

lll

Verified Member
I dunno. I just keep getting better is all I know, with practice of course and I AM COMING FOR THE GREAT ONE POCKET PLAYERS. I DON'T CARE IF I FAIL! I SURE WILL TRY! :) sorry, that was my passion. It escaped for a sec, but I placed it back.

In all honesty this is how I rank myself and its not ranking myself, it is the truth, I don't rank myself, I know this is how I play... after 5 and a half years of playing pool EVER since picking up a cue for the FIRST TIME.

I am a B to B+ shooter in 8 ball (after 3 yrs) but right now into one pocket. I have been playing some B's and crushing them in one pocket! I think I am closer to an A- player now in one pocket!
I am a semi-pro at artistic pool. I am not as good as Florian or steve markle and andy segal and others
but I am better than every1 else in the world lol. I am ranked #32 on the UTS pro tour for artistic pool. I can do all the World Championship world class Masse shots and I can execute about 90 shots in the Worlds program. But...I honestly don't care. Why?

Well because! Wanna know what does matter to me? The L drill, one pocket, practice and that pool even exists.:) :) :) :) ONE POCKET FOREVER!!!
just curious
as a semi pro in artistic pool and closer to an a- in one pocket
with 15 balls spotted in the L drill
whats your average # balls run per inning with 5 tries??

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Joe Tucker had a pretty good little system to rank yourself. At least in 9-ball(ish) games.

I forget the exact details, but the gist is you rack ten ball racks, break and take ball in hand. Do it ten times and if you make X number of balls you are an A etc. You are essentially just finding the average number of balls you run with ball in hand in 10 ball.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I need 10 6 from Dippsty Dave.
I think the game almost as good as him , he just outshoots me by that much .