Houston Seniors October 2019

baby huey

Verified Member
Can we get an update on the event at Bogies this October. I haven't seen any postings lately? Are we still on? Who are we sending the check too? I'm ready to book my flight and send in my entry monies.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Can we get an update on the event at Bogies this October. I haven't seen any postings lately? Are we still on? Who are we sending the check too? I'm ready to book my flight and send in my entry monies.

And what time does it start on Thursday if indeed it starts Thursday?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Senior sign-up

Senior sign-up

OK, guys and girls; time to send in your entries and make travel plans.

Schedule is: Players' meeting Thursday, October 17 @ 6:00 PM
Calcutta follows, then one full round Thursday evening.

Final Sunday as early as practical

Send $200, your name and birth date to

John Rizzo
c/o Bogies East
3040 FM 1960 E
Houston, TX, 77073

Reminder: To be eligible you must be 65 years of age before January 1, 2020
Make sure the Old Timers of your acquaintance are alerted.

Edit to add: Subsequent days matches will commence at 11:00 am; whether to be true double elim or single final match to be determined at players' meeting.

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ray Hansen AKA Big Truck -- PoolActionTV -- has committed to live streaming this year.

Please pass the word to eligible senior players that you know! Let's get some more older players out of the woodwork to be there for this old time road warrior jamboree!!

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX

Jerry, See you there. Tournament is still on and will probably be full again.

I am entered and also my road partner, Warren.

John Rizzo treats the players like royalty. Fed us twice last tournament.

As far as I am concerned, Bogies is the best action room in Texas. Big Time Billiards could be a close second.

You have our regular action if we can get in some practice.:frus Still looking to win. Do not like to lose or break even. But, most of all, I do like the action.

Rodeway Inn is already booked up. I am staying at Studio 6 about 4 miles away.

baby huey

Verified Member
Can anyone out there in Houston Texas land give me some hotels within close proximity of Bogies East?

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
Ray Hansen AKA Big Truck -- PoolActionTV -- has committed to live streaming this year.

Please pass the word to eligible senior players that you know! Let's get some more older players out of the woodwork to be there for this old time road warrior jamboree!!

Hell yeah! Will be nice to get to watch this year! Watch out gentlemen, dead money coming only 20 years out!

John

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
Hi Jerry,

I'm staying at the La Quinta Inn & Suites I believe it is 6.4 miles from bogies and near the Bush Intl airport $346.32 for 4 nights check in is at 3pm, 2 double beds.

John:)

Last edited:

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
The Facebook page for Bogie's East says the Senior One Pocket Tournament starts on Wednesday October 16, 2019. Which is the correct start date? Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks,
JoeyA

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
The Facebook page for Bogie's East says the Senior One Pocket Tournament starts on Wednesday October 16, 2019. Which is the correct start date? Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks,
JoeyA

must be a "senior moment" :sorry

my main man, LSJohn, has put up that the Calcutta is Thursday followed by a round of play....icbw….

:)

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX

Jerry, Book that flight. See LSJohn's post. Send or call John Rizzo your entry.

Great venue at Bogies. I will be arriving Wed 10/16. Tournament starts
Thurs 10/17.

I am staying at Studio 6, 4 miles away. 4 nights $256, not a bad place either.

Hope to see you there.

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
Miller,

I am sorry man, but I am going to bail once again on the tournament at Southaven, MS. Both events are equal distances from where I live so distance isn't the issue. I can't attend 2 tournaments back to back and I kind of like the higher entry fee at Bogie's as well. The additional added money at Bogie's ain't bad either.

Please remove me from the roster for the Memphis tournament. (My bad).:sorry

Besides that Bill Rowsey guy wouldn't answer my voicemail. :D
JoeyA

must be a "senior moment" :sorry

my main man, LSJohn, has put up that the Calcutta is Thursday followed by a round of play....icbw….

:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I spoke to John Rizzo yesterday and he has a list of paid players, plus an informal list of local players planning to play -- totaling somewhere 20 plus so far, with new still entries coming in. I am sending money tomorrow, heading to Houston since Memphis was cancelled.

I believe he said make check payable to Bogie's Billiards
Sent to:

Bogie's East c/o John Rizzo
3040 FM 1960 E., Suite 101
Houston, TX, 77073

That's what I'm doing :D

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
Just NOW cancelled my hotel reservations at Studio 6 in Houston Texas in case someone is trying to stay there.
Good luck everyone, I have slipped off the edge of reality. I am headed to play in a World Championship Pinball machine tournament at the age of almost 70.
YOLO. :heh:heh:heh

JoeyA