Houston on Dec 30 - Who wants to play?

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
I will be in Houston next week and the in-laws agreed to watch the kids on the 30th so we can meet up with friends of ours and play some pool. I am thinking we will be playing at Bogies on 1960 but possibly Big Tyme depending on who is around to meet.

I would love to meet some members and play some if any of you in the area are available. I always enjoy meeting folks from the forum whether they come to MN or I am traveling else where. It doesn't need to be huge bets (or any bet) and playing something like Captains, scotch doubles or rotating partners for $5/$10 a man is fun enough for a day hang.

Let me know if anyone wants to meet up.

Matt

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Matt,

I'll be at bogies. They have eight 9-foot Gold Crowns and one 9-foot Diamond I just bought a set of Cyclop balls and will be practicing for the DCC on the Diamond. I wiil be glad to play on the Diamond with you.

Dave

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
I have a feeling that Disco Dave is a friend of mine. If so you will enjoy playing him. Look at the cue he uses as a player, a very nice Richard Black.---Smitty

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I will be in Houston next week and the in-laws agreed to watch the kids on the 30th so we can meet up with friends of ours and play some pool. I am thinking we will be playing at Bogies on 1960 but possibly Big Tyme depending on who is around to meet.

I would love to meet some members and play some if any of you in the area are available. I always enjoy meeting folks from the forum whether they come to MN or I am traveling else where. It doesn't need to be huge bets (or any bet) and playing something like Captains, scotch doubles or rotating partners for $5/$10 a man is fun enough for a day hang.

Let me know if anyone wants to meet up.

Matt

It was a real pleasure meeting Matt and his friend Nathan, also a member (and their wives). I happened to go bye Bogies for something else and the game was on.
They were very nice and social with an old drunk, and bought me a couple of beers and offered more. I truly enjoyed the company, and hope they enjoy their stay. It was a hoot to visit with them. :D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
It was a real pleasure meeting Matt and his friend Nathan, also a member (and their wives). I happened to go bye Bogies for something else and the game was on.
They were very nice and social with an old drunk, and bought me a couple of beers and offered more. I truly enjoyed the company, and hope they enjoy their stay. It was a hoot to visit with them. :D

Very fine comments from a very fine gentleman (for an old drunk.) :D

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Hi all, Just got back home from Bogies tonight. I met Matt and his friend Nathan, their wives and we all had a blast. I played Matt several games and we seemed to play about equal speed. Then a friend of mine (John) stopped by and we started playing Scotch doubles.

Pretty soon, Richard Black stopped by and showed us two fantastically opulent works of art..cues of ebony and ivory with figures in boss relief accented by gold and turquoise inlays. Really exquisite!!!

Rodney (Androd) stopped by also and spent time with us as we were playing and seemed to enjoy the matchup as well.

In all, we played from about 11:00 am til 8:00 pm before the wives became restless and last game was called after we were tied at 3 - 3. The tie-breaker must have lasted an hour and a half. It seemed to go on forever, but Matt and Nathan finally prevailed prevailed.

A great time was had by all in hearty fellowship. I very much enjoyed meeting Matt et. al. and look forward to an ongoing friendship. It was much fun.

David

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Hi all, Just got back home from Bogies tonight. I met Matt and his friend Nathan, their wives and we all had a blast. I played Matt several games and we seemed to play about equal speed. Then a friend of mine (John) stopped by and we started playing Scotch doubles.

Pretty soon, Richard Black stopped by and showed us two fantastically opulent works of art..cues of ebony and ivory with figures in boss relief accented by gold and turquoise inlays. Really exquisite!!!

Rodney (Androd) stopped by also and spent time with us as we were playing and seemed to enjoy the matchup as well.

In all, we played from about 11:00 am til 8:00 pm before the wives became restless and last game was called after we were tied at 3 - 3. The tie-breaker must have lasted an hour and a half. It seemed to go on forever, but Matt and Nathan finally prevailed prevailed.

A great time was had by all in hearty fellowship. I very much enjoyed meeting Matt et. al. and look forward to an ongoing friendship. It was much fun.

David

Damn...only 9 straight hours of watching guys play One Pocket - and the wives were already restless?...:D

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
Thank you Dave and Rodney for being such gracious hosts yesterday. We had a blast for sure and really enjoyed the games and meeting everyone. We will have to make it an annual date as we come to Houston at least once a year.

WCRanger

Verified Member
Matt and I had an absolute blast playing for an entire day with Dave and John. Rodney's stories and knowledge were fantastic as well. I think that last game lasted about 2 hours. It's good to know there are such great guys so close for good one pocket and great company. Can't wait to play with you guys again soon.

ps- Dave's cue is absolutely gorgeous. Matt's Gilbert ain't nothin to scoff at either.