Hillbilly vs the Lion - WWYD

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Hillbilly makes a perfect 1P break, a ball high and a ball low. Lion needs to come with something or he'll lose another game. WWYD

Island Drive

Verified Member
I'm gonna bank the six into the backside of the 9, leave cue ball on foot rail. I want to hit the bank & carom thin off the 9 to open up balls on my side.

jrhendy

Verified Member
Looks like you can kick to the bottom rail under the nine, and if hit well, slide the cue ball over under the ball by his pocket on the long rail. Passive but effective to get out of the break.

If you use the six to take out the nine and rearrange the balls too much, your next shot might be a lot harder to get out of.

unoperro

Verified Member
Since the better players seem to be aggressive after the break,bank the 15? 1 rail. It looks good to go;)

What the hell is on the rail near each corner? 1 looks like a peanut , 1 looks like a tooth?

Island Drive

Verified Member
In the second pic, there are 3 combos aimed at my opponents pocket, this I do NOT like and I'm hoping the carom rearranges all of em. If your able to kick at the 9, I'm not liking where I might find myself with my next shot.

darmoose

Verified Member
I like banking the six into the nine and putting the CB on the bottom rail. I don't think you can get past the six when trying to kick underneath the nine, and if you try too risky that you hit the nine thin and lose control of the CB.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Hillbilly makes a perfect 1P break, a ball high and a ball low. Lion needs to come with something or he'll lose another game. WWYD
When I first saw "Hillbilly vs. the Lion" on the thread list I thought it was another version of Boudreaux and Tibideaux.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
This is an excellent match if you haven't had a chance to see it, some very top level 1P. Accu-Stats D7-1P3 - Charlie Bryant vs. Alex Pagulayan, which is also available to stream.

Alex shot pretty hard into the 15-7 combo and most everything was swept out of Charlie's pocket. He left the cue ball dead in the stack and Charlie ended up making a bad shot and Alex got 4 balls. The rest of this game (and match) has some very strong shots and I highly recommend it.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Rod gets a cookie!!...:heh

I do think it takes guts to shoot that shot hard. Sometimes something rolls out and bites your back side.;)

~Doc

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I like barely brushing the 14 ball and going under the 9. Hitting the stack that hard and trusting the results is a bit too risky for me. But at this level they seem to do that more often than not these days.

Island Drive

Verified Member
If I watch these two play again, there will be a shot clock. ;)
The way the balls are laying now, just hit the 3 balls/combo and come over on top of the 8 and lock em up. AP's next shot....he could sell out.

LSJohn

Verified Member
The way the balls are laying now, just hit the 3 balls/combo and come over on top of the 8 and lock em up. AP's next shot....he could sell out.
I have a lot of trouble controlling whitey when shooting balls straight ahead with the CB that close. I think I'd have a good chance to leave him straight in on the 8.

androd

Verified Member
I have a lot of trouble controlling whitey when shooting balls straight ahead with the CB that close. I think I'd have a good chance to leave him straight in on the 8.
I think he's talking about clipping it thin and laying thr CB below the 15ball.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Island Man

Island Man

I think he's talking about clipping it thin and laying thr CB below the 15ball.
I'm having trouble correlating that with mention of the 8.

I thought he meant to stun forward/left hitting 2-3-6.

What did you have in mind Bill?