Here's an oldie from SMS WWYD

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Leonard "Bugs" Rucker and Jose Parica faced off in January, 1992. Bugs was 3 balls down in the score and needed a good defensive shot to keep Jose from getting further ahead. - Shots, Moves and Strategies (Eddie Robin)

I've added the text in yellow.

WWYD?

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
Leonard "Bugs" Rucker and Jose Parica faced off in January, 1992. Bugs was 3 balls down in the score and needed a good defensive shot to keep Jose from getting further ahead. - Shots, Moves and Strategies (Eddie Robin)

I've added the text in yellow.

WWYD?
I can't imagine Bugs doing anything but banking the 8, but if he chose a defensive shot it was probably something more creative than I see... I would just thin the 1 and roll CB gently to the bottom rail.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Im for sure banking the 1 ball 2 rails up and down to my hole with right english and trying to have the cue ball come off the end rail and bank the 4 ball away from Jose's hole..

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Im for sure banking the 1 ball 2 rails up and down to my hole with right english and trying to have the cue ball come off the end rail and bank the 4 ball away from Jose's hole..
My favorite shot. I've played the shot many times that is why I'm broke. I'll still go for it.

OPBEAST

Verified Member
I would shoot the 3 ball into the rail and crossing the 4 ball in the face banking it toward my hole and putting the cueball on the other side of the stack.

LSJohn

Verified Member
I would shoot the 3 ball into the rail and crossing the 4 ball in the face banking it toward my hole and putting the cueball on the other side of the stack.
I considered that but I was afraid the 4 ball and CB might get tangled up... if hit like I want to they're definitely crossing paths.

jtompilot

Verified Member
Can't Bugs just bank the 3 in?

I do like the 3 rail first into the 4, but I want a smooth sweet draw stroke to draw one rail up to the head rail.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Here's an oldie from SMS WWYD

Can you 2 rail the 2 back to your hole while removing the 4 with the cue?

Disco Dave

Verified Member
I considered that but I was afraid the 4 ball and CB might get tangled up... if hit like I want to they're definitely crossing paths.
Per SMS, Bugs hit this shot with draw 4-rails to just below headstring near Jose's rail. No cue ball collision

Attachments

LSJohn

Verified Member
Per SMS, Bugs hit this shot with draw 4-rails to just below headstring near Jose's rail. No cue ball collision
Oh, I thought the idea was to take the 4 out 2-railing the 3 and run the CB forward and out of the corner.

Thanks.