Hard Times Sacramento One Pocket

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Hard Times in Sacramento had the first of four increased added $$ first Saturday of the month one pocket tournaments last Saturday, May 3rd. The $20 entry fee tournament drew 48 players in a race to two double elimination format. 1st.... Billy Palmer - $400, 2nd.... Frank Nordmann - $240, 3rd.... Warren Costanza - $160. I finished in the $$ for $40, knocked into the losers bracket by young Patrick Rhea, one of Hard Times young guns that are giving us old guys fits now they have taken a liking to one pocket.

There will be three more monthlies with $500 added to the purse. Nice little tournament for a $20 entry fee.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Nice update, John. I'm envious of being able to play in those 1P tournaments! Good to hear Costanza is still playing well. Doesn't he live in Vegas now? How would you and he match up in one-hole?

Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
gulfportdoc said:
Nice update, John. I'm envious of being able to play in those 1P tournaments! Good to hear Costanza is still playing well. Doesn't he live in Vegas now? How would you and he match up in one-hole?

Doc
He lives in Reno. I always thought I needed at least a ball & probably still do. John

SJDinPHX

Suspended
jrhendy said:
He lives in Reno. I always thought I needed at least a ball & probably still do. John

John, Short story on Monk. About 5 yrs. ago, He and Bill Cress stopped by in Phx. on the way home from somewhere, and as I am prone to do, I felt they deserved a little action. I thought I needed a ball from Monk too, but Bill was not giving up even 25 to 24, so we played even, $100 a game. First game I broke, left Monk a bank, and he ran 8 and out. He sidled over to Bill and said (just loud enough for me to hear) "am I dabbin' it or what?" Whereupon I spanked him
8 or 9 games in a row. They pulled up and Bill told me sometime later that the ride home was not pleasant. I'm sure I would need serious weight from him now. Next time you see Monk or Bill, Tell them I said "hey".

Dick

PS. RA did not have a good time here in Phx. as you may have heard. He's stiil as hard-headed as ever. Keep waiting for him to mellow out a little (as you know he's almost 70 now) but I guess that ain't gonna happen !
It was good seeing him again but I wonder where he's headed. I wish him only the best ( he did'nt like BIg Brown in the derby!)

Last edited:

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Glad to see Billy Palmer is up and playing again, that was a scare in Hollywood.

On a side note, I knew Monk(WC) for years and watched him play for days on end back in the 80's. I have awalys had/have the highest respect for him. I was concerned of his health due to smoking last time I saw him he wasnt smoking. I hope that he isnt smoking still. My mom died of cancer from smoking and its just a concern. Monk would ecognize me buy not know me by name, we havent spoke in 10 yers or longer, is he still not smoking???

Last edited: