Happy Birthday Tom Wirth

Cory in dc

Verified Member
True story. I had occasion to play some One Pocket in Capital Heights, Md last week. On the table next to me, two of the regulars where talking about this guy TomTom, and how great he played. I didn't chime in but was pleased to note that your good reputation extends off the site and into any pool hall I may walk into.

Happy Birthday, Tom!

Mitch

Even though he moved away some years back, if you play one pocket anywhere in the DC area and Southern MD for any length of time, you're certain to hear "TomTom" at some point, and always with respect! I knew him by reputation long before I had the pleasure of meeting Tom.

Happy Birthday!

Cory

P.S. Mitch--next time you're that close to DC, let me know and we just might be able to shoot some.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
True story. I had occasion to play some One Pocket in Capital Heights, Md last week. On the table next to me, two of the regulars where talking about this guy TomTom, and how great he played. I didn't chime in but was pleased to note that your good reputation extends off the site and into any pool hall I may walk into.

Happy Birthday, Tom!

Mitch

"Good Reputation"...Are you sure they were talking about me? Just kidding, There isn't but one Tom Tom. I should have bought that domain name way back when, who would want to be called Garmin anyway?

Tom

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Happy Birthday Tom, you have been not only a great teacher since you joined us but also one who has taught us to have patience with one another. Thanks for all you do and can't wait for your book.

Have a great day.

Bill Incardona

Dr. Bill, I'm still in the learning stage in this patience game. I'm sure I will always be in need of improving upon my grasp that elusive trait. Bill, I have learned a great deal about One Pocket and communicating civilly with others from your posts. Thanks.

Tom

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
To my dear friend, Tom, wishing you today and every day forward to be filled with joy and happiness.

Thanks to you, I graduated from the bar tables at Hank's to the big boxes of Randolph Hills. And then there was Geese. :D

I remember you used to like to be incognito and fly under the radar, so I always blacked out your face in the photos if I posted them on pool forums, so nobody could see what you looked like. This one was taken in my basement that day we had the charity poker game for Colin, who got the nudge from the judge to take a forced vacation. :eek:

I hope you do something fun today, Tom. I miss you, love you, and wish you all the very best that life has to offer. :)

I made you a virtual chocolate birthday cake. No calories, not that you ever had to worry about calories. ;)

Hi Jennie, Thanks so much for all the kind words, the memories, and the love. Oh yes, let me not forget the chocolate cake. Yum.

I'm obviously not longer under the radar. It seems I have a great number of friends and I appreciate every one of them. So many of these friends are right here on the great site. Thanks to all of you!

Tom

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Even though he moved away some years back, if you play one pocket anywhere in the DC area and Southern MD for any length of time, you're certain to hear "TomTom" at some point, and always with respect! I knew him by reputation long before I had the pleasure of meeting Tom.

Happy Birthday!

Cory

P.S. Mitch--next time you're that close to DC, let me know and we just might be able to shoot some.

Here we go again with all this respect! See Dad, you were wrong! :D

Tom

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Too all the others who were so kind as to acknowledge me birthday today I offer great thanks. To Larry who has become a very good friend. You live two hours away but the old saying of "to a friends house the road is never long" is true enough in your case.

Eddie, we've known each other a long time and I am privileged to have you as a friend.

Frank (Crazysnake) well the future is open and thanks for the well wishes.

Doc, You are the man. You have it all going. A somewhat short career in rock music but, oh what a career. You have my upmost admiration.

Dustin, Thanks and I hope to run into you before I'm too old to beat you silly at One Pocket.

Billie, Do you miss flying those bumblebees? Thanks buddy next time I see you we have to work the bartenders to death.

Rod, Thanks for being a rock to this organization. Always level headed and on point.

Lou, Thank you for the well wishes and it looks like I will have to light a fire under the butt of my editor so I can get it to the printers. I was hoping to have it ready for the new year but now we are all playing the waiting game. If I do say so myself, and I do, It is well "Wirth" waiting for. :)

Frank, You are one of my greatest supporters, Thanks for keeping the flame.

Jimmy B. You don't seem to post much but when you do you have a lot to say, Thanks.

And to anyone who I have missed please don't feel bad about it, blame on the fact that I'm a whole year older.

Thanks to all and Merry Christmas, Happy Hanuka, and a very heart felt wish for the best New Year ever!

Tom

Jakie

Verified Member
From
Naples Fl
Tom Tom's Birthday

Tom Tom's Birthday

Dear Tom-

Happy Birthday ! Hope you have/had a great day. Have always enjoyed our matches and one pocket discussions. The next event will be at your place since you came to Naples last time. I will call in next few days to set up meet after New Years. Thanks for all you do for the game.

Nick

keoneyo

Verified Member
Happy Birthday Mr Wirth. Hope you can make it to the Pacific Ocean sometime soon. You'll always be welcome.

RedCard

Verified Member
Happy Birthday Tom. 🎂

You add a lot to the forum. It's refreshing to see someone who can play that doesn't get involved in personalities and extraneous things that detract from the purpose of the site.

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Happy b-day

Happy b-day

Happy birthday Tom, it's good to see all the accolades bestowed upon you (thanks to me to bringing your greatness to everyone's attention) sorry about the radar ...lol

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Dear Tom-

Happy Birthday ! Hope you have/had a great day. Have always enjoyed our matches and one pocket discussions. The next event will be at your place since you came to Naples last time. I will call in next few days to set up meet after New Years. Thanks for all you do for the game.

Nick

Thanks Nick, I look forward to it.

Tom

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Happy Birthday Tom. ��

You add a lot to the forum. It's refreshing to see someone who can play that doesn't get involved in personalities and extraneous things that detract from the purpose of the site.

Thanks my friend,
My being a part of this forum is an absolute pleasure. Sometimes it requires biting my tongue, but that is rarely the case. It is all about One Pocket for me. Aren't we all here for the same reason?

Tom

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Happy birthday Tom, it's good to see all the accolades bestowed upon you (thanks to me to bringing your greatness to everyone's attention) sorry about the radar ...lol

Thanks Tony, It's Okay that you've helped blow my cover. I have come to enjoy the teaching end of the game far more these days. My goal is to instill a joy for this wonderful game so it will grow in popularity and last for centuries.

Be well, and enjoy the holidays.

Tom

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Happy Birthday Mr Wirth. Hope you can make it to the Pacific Ocean sometime soon. You'll always be welcome.

Keone, Thank you for chiming in with your well wishes too. Your fascinating inside stories of Hollywood leaves me with great anticipation for future tinsel town tales. And your common sense remarks on civility lead me to believe you to be on the road to Guru status. :)

I thank you separately for that.

Tom