hall of fame nominee's

philip guagliardo

Verified Member
steve , how do players get nominated to the hall of fame ? I see its coming in november . phil guagliardo

Tom

Verified Member
Hall of Fame Nomination Process

Hall of Fame Nomination Process

I'm not Steve but as a member of the HoF Committee I thought I'd give it a shot.

The process is in transition at the moment, with new guidelines appearing soon. The best path at the moment is to quickly prepare a resume of the player and mail it to

Hall of Fame nominations
BCA
4345 Beverly St, Suite D,
Colorado Springs, CO. 80918

or fax it to 719-264-0900

The committee reviews all nominations, selects a slate, and members vote on the slate.

There are two categories: Greatest Player and Meritorious Service (to the sport).

Tom Shaw
P&B Mag

philip guagliardo

Verified Member
thanks

thanks

Tom said:
I'm not Steve but as a member of the HoF Committee I thought I'd give it a shot.

The process is in transition at the moment, with new guidelines appearing soon. The best path at the moment is to quickly prepare a resume of the player and mail it to

Hall of Fame nominations
BCA
4345 Beverly St, Suite D,
Colorado Springs, CO. 80918

or fax it to 719-264-0900

The committee reviews all nominations, selects a slate, and members vote on the slate.

There are two categories: Greatest Player and Meritorious Service (to the sport).

Tom Shaw
P&B Mag
tom , I thank you for the info . maybe my letter will be in time . phil guagliardo

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
One Pocket Hall Of Fame

One Pocket Hall Of Fame

philip guagliardo said:
steve , how do players get nominated to the hall of fame ? I see its coming in november . phil guagliardo
Phil, the One Pocket Hall Of Fame nominees are voted on by us, Onepocket.org members. Steve will post a list and we all vote and the top vote getter and maybe others are elected. Not who you know here and I like that.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
philip guagliardo said:
tom , I thank you for the info . maybe my letter will be in time . phil guagliardo
Tom Shaw kindly provided your answer if you were inquiring about the Billiard Congress of America Hall of Fame, however, if you were inquiring about the One Pocket Hall of Fame, that's different :)

The One Pocket Hall of Fame is hosted right here at OnePocket.org, and nominations, as well as voting, will take place right here in the OnePocket.org forum, as we are NOT affiliated with the Billiard Congress of America -- they have their own long-standing institution, well-described by Tom.

One Pocket has always featured a little different cast of characters than the straight pool and billiards players that seem to be favored by the BCA, although some of the greatest One Pocket players have indeed been honored by the BCA as well (like Reyes, Varner & Eddie Taylor). Yet, there are so many fantastic One Pocket players that have been overlooked by the BCA -- at least so far: like Ronnie Allen, Grady Mathews, Bugs Rucker, etc... My own guess is that because One Pocket has always had such a strong 'after hours' (ie gambling :) ) tradition, as a subculture of pool, it hasn't been as cozy to the industry dominated BCA. That's why we started an independent One Pocket Hall of Fame.

Look for the Official One Pocket Hall of Fame nomination thread right here in this forum in the next few days, and we look forward to your input and participation!!

(Thanks, Hemi -- you were a bit more succinct!)