Griff's Visit Tonight

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Hi all,

Diane and I are on our way to Palm Springs area for a few days of fun in the sun, including watching the pros golf in La Quinta and the associated concerts. We decided to drive straight through to Las Vegas (12 hours) to have a shorter drive the next day for the Stevie Nick's concert.

So thinking what to do for dinner we decided to eat at Griff's so I could check it out, and it's non-smoking. On the first table when you walk in, Alex P. Is playing one pocket with who I assume was Cornflake, the poker playing pool player. I'm not sure, but it looked like him from TV. He was a big man, especially next to Alex, does that sound right? Not sure of the spot but Alex owed 2 to start (maybe 12-6?). It seemed friendly enough, but who knows with these card players.

The table they played on and the one next to it had VERY tight pockets, maybe 4" but could have been less. One other table near those 2 was tight too, but maybe a hair looser. The point is, if we were to play a MOT there and used those tables, be ready to play till Monday!!!!!!🤯😲🙄😱

Cheer,
Dave

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Might have been a 14-4 or 13-5 spot with that spot, and Alex wouldn't have to win. Have fun in PS...do you get out to play golf there? SilverRock has reopened and should play great right now.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Might have been a 14-4 or 13-5 spot with that spot, and Alex wouldn't have to win. Have fun in PS...do you get out to play golf there? SilverRock has reopened and should play great right now.
I brought my clubs so we'll see. Thanks for the tip on SilverRock, never played it. Alex won one of the 3 games we watched while eating, but I wasn't paying close attention so never knew the spot.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
I brought my clubs so we'll see. Thanks for the tip on SilverRock, never played it. Alex won one of the 3 games we watched while eating, but I wasn't paying close attention so never knew the spot.

If you get to SilverRock, watch out for the bighorns...they're even tougher than the par 3's there.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
This is related to the topic because it's part of our trip: now that Diane and I are both retired we started thinking of where may like to move to, if not Fort Collins so we looked at some model homes in Las Vegas in the Summerlin area. This was in one of garages...IMG_20200117_095126935.jpg

IMG_20200117_095113049.jpg
we almost bought the house because of this. Haha