gray /svb

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ok for james to say what would you do ???:D
and of course all the members and lurkers are welcome to voice their opinion
i posted this because in the middle and end game i think is when the level of decision makers make their level known
gg2.jpg
who is the guy in the hat ??
i saw him at tunica with the same hat

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ok for james to say what would you do ???:D
and of course all the members and lurkers are welcome to voice their opinion
i posted this because in the middle and end game i think is when the level of decision makers make their level known
View attachment 7065

its grays shot

Skin

Verified Member
Gray needs to 3-rail the 12 back down and break up those two stripes by his hole, leaving SVB on the upper part of the long rail on SVB's side. Good luck, but that is what he needs to do. :)

Skin

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I am shooting

I am shooting

the 4-7 combo, sending the 7 to the long rail and across into my corner. I will follow with the cb, being careful that the 4 does not rebound off the head rail far enough to offer a shot into Shane's pocket. It's a little bolder than just separating the two balls by my pocket. I may be in trouble here. :eek::heh

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Looks to me like he might have a good carom off the stripe into the blue sending the blue toward his pocket and the cue upstream. Worth a look.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
the 4-7 combo, sending the 7 to the long rail and across into my corner. I will follow with the cb, being careful that the 4 does not rebound off the head rail far enough to offer a shot into Shane's pocket. It's a little bolder than just separating the two balls by my pocket. I may be in trouble here. :eek::heh

vapros i think you mean the 2 ball not the 4
lets use these numbers for discussion
gg6.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Shoot the carom off the 11 and 13ball and send the cue ball under the 2ball to the side rail. This shot will open up both balls and protect them, plus your opponent will not be able to improve his position and be forced to play passively. The 2-7 and 12ball will be blockers protecting the 11 and 13ball. The next time back at the table you will most likely have an option to apply pressure on your opponent.

Dr. Bill

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Without being at the table I can't see if it is on but I would def look at this option. :D

I would predict a more accurate result but It's hard to tell from a pic with a single perspective.

Dud

option.JPG

onepocket.jp

Thanks III , because of the score I like the 2 off the 7 , but not so much shooting off the rail and cueball after carom. So to stay alive my first choice would be, to thin off the ?# ball to the long rail passing the 14 to the head rail and behind the 1 or hitting the 1 depending on the angle. focus would be on speed. I think it provides a better position for me by opening those balls and having them high and low and forcing opponent to shoot in a high risk situation with little reward for offense. of course not so good against this guy, anything is a hanger for SVB.

onepocket.jp

because of the angle might be to thin the ?11 (to break up balls) and going under the 14 to opposite long rail and freeze to head rail on 1st diamond at upper right corner.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
View attachment 7065

His name is Al....he's a huge pool/One Pocket fan...goes to every major tournament - he's been at every DCC tournament for the last 13 years - never seen him without that hat..:heh...

And the blond lady over to the right in the pic with the visor...is our own onepocket.org member Carla Johnson...:)

- Ghost

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Thanks III , because of the score I like the 2 off the 7 , but not so much shooting off the rail and cueball after carom. So to stay alive my first choice would be, to thin off the ?# ball to the long rail passing the 14 to the head rail and behind the 1 or hitting the 1 depending on the angle. focus would be on speed. I think it provides a better position for me by opening those balls and having them high and low and forcing opponent to shoot in a high risk situation with little reward for offense. of course not so good against this guy, anything is a hanger for SVB.

Too tough of a hit, plus the angle isn't right for the results you are seeking. Looks to be going into the 14ball:eek: can't afford that to happen. Need to protect the two balls by your pocket, in some way. I like either shooting the carom like I mentioned earlier (if it's laying right) or shooting jtompilot's shot in post#15. Both of those shots protect the two balls by your pocket and will allow you to do something productive on your next inning at the table.

If you travel uptable with the cue ball you figure to give your opponent an option to move both of the balls that are positioned nearest your pocket. Don't forget that you're trailing by three balls and you have the best position, try to protect it if you can't improve it. And don't try to do something high risk or foolish when you can play a conservative shot that will allow you to be productive the next time back at the table.

Dr. Bill

onepocket.jp

ahhh I see the problem with my shot now, it does look like it would go into the 14. Thats why I love these scenarios:) I would then say that jtompilots is the easiest execution shot (for me)while still protecting the balls.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Too tough of a hit, plus the angle isn't right for the results you are seeking. Looks to be going into the 14ball:eek: can't afford that to happen. Need to protect the two balls by your pocket, in some way. I like either shooting the carom like I mentioned earlier (if it's laying right) or shooting jtompilot's shot in post#15. Both of those shots protect the two balls by your pocket and will allow you to do something productive on your next inning at the table.

If you travel uptable with the cue ball you figure to give your opponent an option to move both of the balls that are positioned nearest your pocket. Don't forget that you're trailing by three balls and you have the best position, try to protect it if you can't improve it. And don't try to do something high risk or foolish when you can play a conservative shot that will allow you to be productive the next time back at the table.

Dr. Bill

Here ya go Billy.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Here ya go Billy.

Thanks Rod. "Double carom" shots are very nifty shots that are easy to execute and quite often carry huge benefits, but too often go unnoticed. Take this situation as an example. In this situation, the player is trying to improve on his position, but doesn't really have a reasonably good option. The "double carom" will get a lot done here. It will open up the balls which are tied up, and create an angle to position the cue ball in an area that will protect the balls that are opened up.:cool: Another benefit would be that you would "force" your opponent to play "carefully" which could easily offer you a better situation to deal with in your next inning at the table. Executing the "double carom" here (providing it's available) will give you much satisfaction as you walk away from the table.:D

Take a look at the ending position of the cue ball with the arrow that Rod drew up. What would your opponent do from there? Try to picture where the balls would end up and all the good possibilities that you may be offered after your opponent shoots from the ending position.:D Now that's something you can "take to the bank" if you're feeling me. :heh

Dr. Bill

Last edited: