Gray/svb 2012 dcc finals

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
The shot I see is rail first giving him the 14 ball. leave the other three ball alone as they don't go and only block his pocket right now.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Dennis, Referring to the Ghost's carom, shooting from the jaws of the corner pocket the angle going into the lead ball is not conducive to get the results needed. If the cue ball was positioned near the 1st. diamond on the foot rail then his option would be a viable one. With the cue ball positioned near the first diamond you would have the ability to hit the 5 ball on the right side of the ball which would then bank the 5 ball toward your pocket and carom the 7 ball toward the cluster, or possibly into the pocket. Shooting from the jaws of the corner pocket you cannot hit the 5 ball where it needs to be hit for the carom to be an option.

Dr. Bill

Ya know, I was going to just let this incorrect info/analysis/stubborn insistence go by, but I just can't stand to see misinformation sitting there evilly festering in the summer heat..:eek:...

First of all, as is obvious in the screen shots, while pocketing the 14 rail first, there's no way the cueball is going to end up in the pocket jaws..:rolleyes:..it's going to end up at least an inch or two over from the pocket - since you sure as hell can't take a chance of shooting to soft and have the 14 not fall in, and hang up...and from there, since as can clearly be seen, the 7ball is lying below the 5ball, making my carom shot most definitely available - you just need to hit the 5 thinly - you don't have to be a diamond over to shoot it, as Billy is incorrectly saying...:sorry...

Because also don't forget, I don't need or want, with the carom, to hit the 7ball thin enough (approx. 1/2 ball hit) to make the cross-corner bank straight in - I want to carom into the 7 fuller, to make it in off of the cluster - this fuller hit making the shot/carom angle even more decidedly available...

And btw, I set this shot up (with the cueball 2 inches to the right of the corner pocket) at Red Shoes yesterday to show Ike Runnels the discussed situation - he said he'd be shooting the carom bank in a heartbeat....:cool:

- Ghost

PS, And as always, I hope that 'Dr. Bill' is up to date with his malpractice-insurance-payments...:D

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Ghost, that carom 7-ball bank is a good shot. (Much better in comparison to the shot from the head of the table caroming from the 5 to the 7-ball in the corner pocket.) Depending upon where the 5-ball has to be struck, it might even bank straight back to the shooter's corner.

Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ghost, that carom 7-ball bank is a good shot.

Yep - and could be a gamewinning shot in that spot.

Depending upon where the 5-ball has to be struck, it might even bank straight back to the shooter's corner.

Absolutely - if the two-way shot/hit is laying natural or close to it, that's another excellent component to the shot.

Doc

- Ghost

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I did my best to duplicate this pattern (only the 3 balls involved) even making chalk marks on my clean cloth, and every time I was able to pocket the 7, the spot ball went straight into the opposite corner pocket.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I did my best to duplicate this pattern (only the 3 balls involved) even making chalk marks on my clean cloth, and every time I was able to pocket the 7, the spot ball went straight into the opposite corner pocket.

Vapros, for marking spots on the table, you might also try those little doughnut stickems they use to protect pages on 3-ringed paper. They also make little self-adhesive dots. They both work real well on pool cloth. And-- they don't leave any marks!

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Vapros, for marking spots on the table, you might also try those little doughnut stickems they use to protect pages on 3-ringed paper. They also make little self-adhesive dots. They both work real well on pool cloth. And-- they don't leave any marks!

Doc

i second that advice and the come off easy with no trace of adhesive on the table

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Ya know, I was going to just let this incorrect info/analysis/stubborn insistence go by, but I just can't stand to see misinformation sitting there evilly festering in the summer heat..:eek:...

First of all, as is obvious in the screen shots, while pocketing the 14 rail first, there's no way the cueball is going to end up in the pocket jaws..:rolleyes:..it's going to end up at least an inch or two over from the pocket - since you sure as hell can't take a chance of shooting to soft and have the 14 not fall in, and hang up...and from there, since as can clearly be seen, the 7ball is lying below the 5ball, making my carom shot most definitely available - you just need to hit the 5 thinly - you don't have to be a diamond over to shoot it, as Billy is incorrectly saying...:sorry...

Because also don't forget, I don't need or want, with the carom, to hit the 7ball thin enough (approx. 1/2 ball hit) to make the cross-corner bank straight in - I want to carom into the 7 fuller, to make it in off of the cluster - this fuller hit making the shot/carom angle even more decidedly available...

And btw, I set this shot up (with the cueball 2 inches to the right of the corner pocket) at Red Shoes yesterday to show Ike Runnels the discussed situation - he said he'd be shooting the carom bank in a heartbeat....:cool:

- Ghost

PS, And as always, I hope that 'Dr. Bill' is up to date with his malpractice-insurance-payments...:D

Lets first get this one thing straight, the 14 ball will be hit ball first not rail first. Hitting it ball first will leave the cue ball in the jaws of the pocket which will preclude you or anyone else the angle to play your carom, the way I see it. If it doesn't lay the way I see it then i'm cutting the 7 ball in as my next option. You really don't need to brief me on obvious caroms that are available, nor the type of angles needed to execute them, trust me as you will learn when I give you the lessen you seem to be desiring. If your carom was available then I wouldn't leave it, which you foolishly think that i'm lame enough to do. Your mistake. And as far as my malpractice-insurance-payments are concerned I haven't payed one yet, but the Dr. will be charging you plenty for his services when we meet.:heh

Dr. Bill

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Hey Ghost...here's a pic of me getting ready to tend to one of the trusting onepocket.org members >>>

Dr. Bill

That's a funny pic Billy...and don't forget this time - don't leave the scalpel inside of him...:eek:...:D...:lol...:heh

- Ghost

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 0