Grady just passed

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Thanks Steve

Thanks Steve

I appreciate the home page tribute as everyone else does.

I went to the funeral home this morning with Marie, Jeff, and Crystal to do the final arrangements. They allowed us a little time with Grady. He looked so much more peaceful than he did last night. I was nice to be able to tell my friend one final goodbye. For him, I am glad it is over and he is at rest.

I will miss him though. We would call each other all the time with nothing to really talk about. One of my kids said we were like two old maid sisters.

Pel

grimel

Verified Member
the pool world lost a good man! I am sure that Grady and Dick clark will be a great comentating team in the heavens. Rest in Peace!!!:(:(

I would say the world has lost a good man. RIP Mr Mathews, it was a pleasure to watch your videos, listen to your commentary, and read your posts/books. I owe much of what little I know beyond the basics of 1 pocket to you. Sorry I never got the chance to meet you in person. You'll be missed.

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
Today at 4PM

Thanks for the reminder Steve....I'll be joining you as well.
I didn't know Grady personally but I have the utmost respect for him...

I was watching the Buddy Hall vs Miz match from '94 Roanoke One Pocket Champion yesterday and I LMAO at Billy and Grady in the booth.

He was such a good sport....Billy got the best of him but he held his own pretty good.

It started right away at the beginning of the match....

Billy: It's certainly a pleasure to have you back with us Grady...

Grady: It's a pleasure to be with you....If for nothing else than to remind me of everything in life I want to avoid (slight pause) .....Awe our little altercations and spats, and verbal trysts and mental wars I've enjoyed those....

(And on and on it went)...:lol

This is entertinment at its best and some great one pocket commentary as well.

If you haven't seen this one it's well worth the purchase.

Great commentary...Thanks Grady and Billy.

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
It was

It was

A nice service with a good number of caring folks assembled. Grady would have liked it, I am sure.