Grady just passed

cabilliardclub

Verified Member
sucks

sucks

the pool world lost a good man! I am sure that Grady and Dick clark will be a great comentating team in the heavens. Rest in Peace!!!:(:(

TWO PICKS

Verified Member
It seems like yesterday I watched him play in Houston. Pelican I used to chat everday with you and shorty, cash$ Bill ,Professor on Southern Billiards as PODG. Thanks for being there for him.

Mary Kenniston

Verified Member
Our pool family has lost a world class player, teacher, author, commentator, promoter, billiard room owner & irreplaceable personality.

My heart & thoughts are with all of Grady's many friends & family. I will miss you, my friend. RIP, Grady.

Attachments

• Grady Mathews - '99 US Open 9 Ball - Chesapeake, VA (Small).jpg
    Grady Mathews - '99 US Open 9 Ball - Chesapeake, VA (Small).jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I uploaded the tribute article that I originally put together for the One Pocket Hall of Fame program for and the tribute that we did for Grady at January's banquet. I am so glad that we did that, and that Grady was able to come and enjoy it! Of course it focuses mainly on his One Pocket legacy...

http://www.onepocket.org/GradyMathewsTribute.htm

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
steve i have not seen this before today
my 2 cents is to put it on the home page so all that come to the sight can see it
grady was really in a class of his own
to teach at a time it wasnt cool
and to be devoted to 1p
this could never be a yearly thing
but maybe we could have a teacher/promoter of 1p
grady mattews recipient

SJDinPHX

Suspended
RIP Grady

RIP Grady

It was a pleasure knowing you, old rounder..Can't remember us ever having a cross word..:)...Save me a pill in the next big ring game..:cool:

PS..Or,...I'll take you for a partner, against any 2 guys up there...:D...Worst has got to be out of stroke by now, and RA ain't there yet, that would be our only tough game..:cool:

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
It's definitely a sad day in the pool and billiard community, the knowledge that's leaving us in a great spirit is hard to replace.

Another true legend of the game will enter the ultimate pool room and will be well received; they'll all have to step aside for a real player!

It's with great sadness that I give my most heartfelt sympathy to Grady's family.
RIP old buddy, save me a spot at the billiard table with Willie and Jake Jr.

Respectfully;
Bill Smith

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
steve i have not seen this before today
my 2 cents is to put it on the home page so all that come to the sight can see it
grady was really in a class of his own
to teach at a time it wasnt cool
and to be devoted to 1p
this could never be a yearly thing
but maybe we could have a teacher/promoter of 1p
grady mattews recipient
The home page has been updated (you might need to hit "refresh" to see the changes), and I have added the funeral info.

s-trolle

my depest thougths and respeckt to you grady

my depest thougths and respeckt to you grady

a big los for shure!.
but you will still be watched on dvd macthes,
heard on audio. and for 50 procent of my shoots I wiil think of you from who I learn the shot.

best of energy and thougths from the few but all one pocket players in denmark
rest in pieace.

sebastian trolle
copenhagen, denmark

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Comment

Comment

It was a pleasure knowing you, old rounder..Can't remember us ever having a cross word..:)...Save me a pill in the next big ring game..:cool:

PS..Or,...I'll take you for a partner, against any 2 guys up there...:D...Worst has got to be out of stroke by now, and RA ain't there yet, that would be our only tough game..:cool:

Tap, tap.

Sympathies to the family members.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Just glad that we were able to honor Grady at the 1pkt HOF Dinner. My friends are dropping much too fast. I am approaching, if not passing, the point where there are more of the things that I love that are up there, rather than still left here.

I dont feel like talking much more.
Goodbye pal.

Beard