Grady end game video

Bmoretallpaul

Verified Member
I had this video at one time, but with everything I seem to lend out never return.
No wonder I can't beat anybody. Lol

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I remember watching my game improve in leaps and bounds when I got Gradys tapes. He was a fountain of knowledge in a desert RIP

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I had never seen this. Some nice shots in here. #25 bank is pretty cool
That bank (#25) brings back a memory: In the late 90s I bought Grady's "Banking & Safety Play" tape, that bank is on that tape. It sunk in but I never tried to play it until...

In 1999 I played in the Summer Jamboree one pocket event at Hard times Sacramento. I drew Ronnie Allen in the second round. He left the balls in a very similar situation as Grady's bank #25 with many balls still on the table. I needed like 5 balls and the pockets were tight enough that I didn't see a way of knocking his ball away without hitting the point and leaving him a shot, plus if I simply made it for him I would have left an easy cross bank. I remembered Grady's shot and felt I had nothing to lose. I took a deep breath and fired in the bank hitting it perfectly, plus the pockets were tight enough that the QB would hit the point to avoid the kiss.

Whew, I escaped without ever playing that shot before (miracle). My first instinct was to then play safe since I escaped the trap, but adrenaline took over so I decided to continue the run if I could (there was no out-moving Ronnie so I thought there was nothing to lose). After making the next shot I ran the game out.

As Ronnie passed me to rack the next game he said "outstanding 3 ball"! That has been in my HOF memory bank ever since. That was a cool moment.

Thank you Grady! And thank you John for the memory.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
thanks for the link john
i watched these many years ago
look forward to learning some new shots

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
That bank (#25) brings back a memory: In the late 90s I bought Grady's "Banking & Safety Play" tape, that bank is on that tape. It sunk in but I never tried to play it until...

In 1999 I played in the Summer Jamboree one pocket event at Hard times Sacramento. I drew Ronnie Allen in the second round. He left the balls in a very similar situation as Grady's bank #25 with many balls still on the table. I needed like 5 balls and the pockets were tight enough that I didn't see a way of knocking his ball away without hitting the point and leaving him a shot, plus if I simply made it for him I would have left an easy cross bank. I remembered Grady's shot and felt I had nothing to lose. I took a deep breath and fired in the bank hitting it perfectly, plus the pockets were tight enough that the QB would hit the point to avoid the kiss.

Whew, I escaped without ever playing that shot before (miracle). My first instinct was to then play safe since I escaped the trap, but adrenaline took over so I decided to continue the run if I could (there was no out-moving Ronnie so I thought there was nothing to lose). After making the next shot I ran the game out.

As Ronnie passed me to rack the next game he said "outstanding 3 ball"! That has been in my HOF memory bank ever since. That was a cool moment.

Thank you Grady! And thank you John for the memory.

Thanks for sharing your story Dave, what a great moment to have a HOFer compliment your shot

Last edited:

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
I have all 16 DVDs from Bob Henning. The explanations are sometimes scarce but pretty easy to figure out what Grady is talking about. Bob might be still selling them on his website - bebobpublishing or something like that