Ghost's Cubs looking good

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I didn't even know you owned a white flag, you big pussy.

(Bill has a very good sense of humor and I don't think he's really any more upset than you are when you fire back with pretend anger about a shot.)

He's just pullin' your chain like you pull his. :heh

That's a very accurate assessment of how I feel John, his ego was a little bruised, that's all. The young fella just needs to be a little more humble, especially when discussing the finer points of a topic with people that have been around several blocks. I'm probably twice his age, you would think that a man living 55 years playing a game with the best players in the world through out that entire time may have picked up a few pointers, here and there. He (Hacker) just needs to take a cold shower and get dressed up and go to the pool hall where he can relax and beat some body, he'll feel better and apologize.

Have a nice day John, and you too Hacker.:p

Dr. Bill

Jimmy B

Verified Member
That's a very accurate assessment of how I feel John, his ego was a little bruised, that's all. The young fella just needs to be a little more humble, especially when discussing the finer points of a topic with people that have been around several blocks. I'm probably twice his age, you would think that a man living 55 years playing a game with the best players in the world through out that entire time may have picked up a few pointers, here and there. He (Hacker) just needs to take a cold shower and get dressed up and go to the pool hall where he can relax and beat some body, he'll feel better and apologize.

Have a nice day John, and you too Hacker.:p

Dr. Bill

I think you guys bring out the best in each other. It's good. I was wondering whatever happened to old 'Two RAils".. I thought that might develop into something. Baseball talk is good too.. I used to throw a good knuckle ball. I could get good movement with it (as long as I was throwing new tennis balls)

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
Oh Please.i believe that's got to be a record. 5 unearned runs wins a game in the postseason. It was very quiet on here last night but we don't quit. Little boys blue can't depend on that 2 more times. In one hole terms, we dogged it but your break.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

I know one thing...if da Cubs do beat the St. Louis Cardigirls...our bet won't be a joke anymore - and it will be Dustin looking for me, asking to get out of his bet for a hundo or two...:heh...he'll probably ask me via pm though, to save face in public...:D

- Ghosty

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I know one thing...if da Cubs do beat the St. Louis Cardigirls...our bet won't be a joke anymore - and it will be Dustin looking for me, asking to get out of his bet for a hundo or two...:heh...he'll probably ask me via pm though, to save face in public...:D

- Ghosty

a couple of points for you "pops" ;)

(a) cubs did what they had to do. win one game in STL. good ball club, well managed (maddon showed his smarts and versatility today), very capable of winning this series. arietta has been the best pitcher on the planet since the AS break -- will either be dominant or the wheels could come off monday. that's why the games are played. anything can happen in that match-box softball field :p called wrigley.

(b) hell will fukn freeze over before miller looks for a gaffer. it's on. :cool:

gotta love baseball. :)
second best game there is. :)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
a couple of points for you "pops" ;)

(b) hell will fukn freeze over before miller looks for a gaffer. it's on. :cool:

Don't worry I won't tell anybody that you sent me a pm an hour ago saying that you had to make that 'die hard' post for your public image..but that you would be glad to get out of the bet, and made me an offer of $150 if the cubs beat St Louis - - -:eek:- - - and I wrote back and said no thanks to your girlish offer...:lol...:p...:cool:

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Don't worry I won't tell anybody that you sent me a pm an hour ago saying that you had to make that 'die hard' post for your public image..but that you would be glad to get out of the bet, and made me an offer of $150 if the cubs beat St Louis - - -:eek:- - - and I wrote back and said no thanks to your girlish offer...:lol...:p...:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT0AEdWJ3FQ
:lol:lol:lol:lol:sorry

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
unlike our self-proclaimed resident baseball genius (and ghost's new best friend :rolleyes:) onepockethacker, i’ve actually seen (and heard) what a high 80s/low 90s fastball looks like…know what a gear bag smells like…kicked dirt on my cleats on a hot day…mad-dogged and had a few words with a slow home run trot…how to move your feet to lay down a drag bunt from the right side…know that you gotta get your elbow up and square the shoulders when bare-handing a slow roller…how to turn and crow hop when receiving a cut and when to run tandem cuts…swipe a bag with a pop up slide…how to receive the ball and rotate your hands when turning two…spent zillions of hours throwing a pinky ball off a brick wall…got two hits off andy benes at bosse field...etc…etc…etc…etc…etc…(infinity etc…)

coached american legion ball…how to teach a 12-6 uncle charlie…how to grip a circle change…hit fungos with incredible accuracy…know that your signs are only as good as your dumbest player…spent countless hours catching pitchers (you best become an amateur shrink)…know the best way to get a hitter out of a funk is to toss them poly golf practice balls…bench anyone who makes the third out of an inning at 3B…take a lead off 2nd towards the left field line and crawl in on the pitch cause you’ll be about 4’ further up the line…always carry xtra stirrups/belts/hats cause someone will forget or lose theirs…clean 30 gallon coolers with a teaspoon of bleach and ALWAYS make sure the visiting ball club has clean water…tape the cooler lid because somebody who just got done scratching their sweaty nuts will want to throw a bottle of gatorade in there…players and coaches only in the dugout…on road trips always remind everyone that they can hoot with the owls or soar with the eagles but never both…etc…etc…etc…etc…etc…(infinity etc…)

you don’t even wanna talk game management, baseball IQ, and strategy….:lol

you’re move dummy (or go play with your bobblehead) :p:D

View attachment 13225

:)

I made an unassisted triple play once.

Bottom of the 10th, 4 to 4. I was in center field. Bases loaded, nobody out. Coach moves me in for obvious reasons. Looping line drive over 2nd; I make a shoestring catch and beat the guy back to 2nd, then ran down the guy from first.

My teammates mobbed me...... and I woke up with my lab and my golden crawling all over me. :p