Ghost vs. Tony 8 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
And here's the defensive/end game wwyd...and as I've said before...not as much fun to consider as the offensive situations - but just as important in learning to win games...

Tony's shot --- Tony's pocket is at the bottom left --- the ball score is: Tony and I both need 2balls to win --- Tony's on the rail and got a problem here to find an effective shot/not leave me a shot at my pocket --- wwyd? ----->

This is the only pic.

PS, he can't see/hit the left side of the 9ball.

Attachments

Last edited:

wgcp

Verified Member
If I could avoid the scratch, thin the 10 and two rail the cue to put it on the end rail. I couldn't tell from the pic if you could just roll the 10 and stick you to the 7.

B

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I am looking forward to seeing some of the replies on this one, it seems tricky.

the 2 possibilities I would consider:

1) thin of the left side of the 10 and bring CB back down to end rail

2) bank the 9 1 long at my pocket with a little left english to make sure the CB comes back around the middle of the table keeping you off of the shot on the 10

Either way, good WWYD here...

petie

Verified Member
Roll the 10 to the end rail using a nearly full ball hit and roll up on the 7. Make sure you don't scratch in the side or not get the 10 to the rail and have to spot a ball up leaving an easy bank.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I'm bunting the 10 into the 7 into the 9 with just enough speed to have the 7/9 catch a rail. The cueball will float about a foot to the left and leave you in the middle of the table between the side pockets and the balls tied up somewhat. This looks to be a very precarious position.

LSJohn

Verified Member
And here's the defensive/end game wwyd...and as I've said before...not as much fun to consider as the offensive situations - but just as important in learning to win games...

Tony's shot --- Tony's pocket is at the bottom left --- the ball score is: Tony and I both need 2balls to win --- Tony's on the rail and got a problem here to find an effective shot/not leave me a shot at my pocket --- wwyd? ----->

This is the only pic.

PS, he can't see/hit the left side of the 9ball.
I think I'd try to roll the 10 to the top rail and follow CB into/against the 7.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I'd shoot what Petie and John described, making sure to hide the 10. It'll be tough for the opponent to then NOT leave a bank for you in later innings...:cool:

~Doc

androd

Verified Member
I guess nobody but me would bank the 9ball two rails and roll the CB over to the other side of the table ?

LSJohn

Verified Member
I guess nobody but me would bank the 9ball two rails and roll the CB over to the other side of the table ?
I looked at that, but decided I'd probably be better off shooting at my own pocket? :D

lll

Verified Member
thin the 10 and come back to the foot rail
it will tie up the balls and" cross the next bridge as you come to it"
i looked at hitting the 10 to roll on the 7 but i dont think you can get the 10 to the rail and "roll up on the 7"
i think the speed of the shot will leave a shot on the 10 (because he will see it or some other shot)
icbw

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
That's what I saw also Rod, speed looks about right to bounce off the end rail and have the CB around the first diamond on my long rail. If he wants to cut the 10 from there, then have at it, but it won't be free.

Tony Chohan would just jack-up and fire at the 10 one rail and might make it!

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
2-railing the 9ball...

Yeah, but don't forget to jump over the 7 when you shoot it :cool: since you can't see enough of the left side of the 7 to shoot it normally - as I informed in my opening post...:rolleyes:

androd

Verified Member
2-railing the 9ball...

Yeah, but don't forget to jump over the 7 when you shoot it :cool: since you can't see enough of the left side of the 7 to shoot it normally - as I informed in my opening post...:rolleyes:
Yeah I know, I was kicking it.

chicagomike

Verified Member
Play the 10 into the 7 leaving the 10 near the side pocket and the 9 and 7 tied up. CB to the far long rail. Opponent cannot cut the 10 in his pocket for fear of scratching in the side so he must play thin off the 10 and lay whitey near his hole leaving you the opportunity to one rail the 10 ball to your hole....just trying to think it through:confused:

LSJohn

Verified Member
The two rail is the proper pocket to shoot at
Tony's pocket is bottom left and Ghost says he can't hit the left side of the 9. I can't figure out what I could be missing. Did you miss that the left side of the 9 was unavailable?

beatle

Verified Member
i cant see thinning a ball being on the rail and sending the cue ball 18 feet. not for me.

so that leaves banking the nine to my hole and leaving him best i can. probably going to leave it in or near my hole.