Ghost vs. Tony 5 wwyd

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
Your shot in this case is as useless as tits on a bull.. if you put the 3 by your hole and dont make it your opponent can just cut the 5 softly toward his hole between the 11 and 13 balls and either knock the 3 away or use it as a stopper and your trapped. If you make it you have gotten a ball and thats it. If you come up short on leaving him straight in on the 15 he can make it and run out. The best you can hope for on your shot is if you hang the ball.:sorry

have a nice day:)
I think you are misnamed here Rob. You should be Nostradamushacker.

Tom

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
Seeing how there are so many "GREAT PLAYERS" :rolleyes: on this site and so many talk about prop betting.. I will play out this lay out with anyone on here at Derby with me shooting my shot and you guys can shooting..ANY ****ING SHOT YOU WANT.. bet between $ 100 to $ 1000 per turn.. winner can't quit.. Its time for me to show a bunch of no talent no creativity turds who the rooster in this hen house is.... COCKA DOODLE DOO MOFOS

Rob, it's obvious by your shot selection, that it is you who is the "Great player".

Your prop bet needs refining. You shoot that shot, and we play from there. You are so fond of it, you take it. One shot only. No "do overs" to get the feel of it. I won't even ask for the weight I would normally need from you if we were to play a session.

Tom

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Rob, it's obvious by your shot selection, that it is you who is the "Great player".

Your prop bet needs refining. You shoot that shot, and we play from there. You are so fond of it, you take it. One shot only. No "do overs" to get the feel of it. I won't even ask for the weight I would normally need from you if we were to play a session.

Tom
To prevent a future debate, I counted the balls and there are 8 on the table. Ghost posted that the score is 4-4.

So you two would have to decide if it's 4-3 or 3-4, first to get 4 balls wins, or something.

Now I know the true answer to this WWYD: don't trust my opponent's scorekeeping and tell him has 3 points, not 4.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
Rob, I set your shot up on my table but unfortunately, I've got 860 Simonis and the speed needed to get the cue ball where you need it just ain't there. Maybe a faster table, (a lot faster table) will allow the cue ball to run far enough to get you shape on something, but the only way that shot is safe is if you make the three. There are more ways to sell out with your shot then there are fleas on a dead camel.

Tom

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
To prevent a future debate, I counted the balls and there are 8 on the table. Ghost posted that the score is 4-4.

So you two would have to decide if it's 4-3 or 3-4, first to get 4 balls wins, or something.

Now I know the true answer to this WWYD: don't trust my opponent's scorekeeping and tell him has 3 points, not 4.
Cory, I would normally need a little weight from Rob maybe 10 - 8 maybe more, seeing that he robs Billy at that game. I think Bill and I probably play pretty close these days. But setting that aside, We can take the odd ball and put it up in a neutral corner and play the game out from a 3 -3 score.
I know I'm taking the worst of it here because if he makes the 3 and must play safe, I've got an uphill battle on my hands.
Tom

Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
I set them up when I got home. This is what looked good to me and it worked out. High inside on the cb, more than pocket speed on the 3. Actually a very doable and repeatable shot for position and safety assuming I had everything set right, although on a miss he could try the 14-11 combo. The photos are from an off angle, so...

Apologies to anybody who called this shot first and I missed the post.

View attachment 13411

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I had a hunch when I first put this wwyd up, that it would get a lot of different choices from people, and a lot of...debating...:heh

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
I had a hunch when I first put this wwyd up, that it would get a lot of different choices from people, and a lot of...debating...:heh
So, had enough fun yet? I'm guessing the combo on the 5 was prolly chosen, do we get the response, or should we dangle a little longer?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
So, had enough fun yet? I'm guessing the combo on the 5 was prolly chosen, do we get the response, or should we dangle a little longer?
Ok Jeff, you got it...but as it turns out, I can only halfway oblige you - cuz I accidentally deleted the result pic to this wwyd...:frus :sorry...but I'll at least verbalize it...

As a few guys liked, Barry shot the 5-9 combination - he hit it decent, but not quite good enough =

He hit the 9 a little too full to make the combo, the 9 hitting approx. 1/3 of the 5ball - the 5 wound up about 1/2 of a diamond above his pocket along his long rail - the 9 wound up next to the 13 - and the cueball dropped down to approx. 1" off of the foot rail and about 1 diamond to the left of John's pocket.

- Ghost

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
Ok Jeff, you got it...but as it turns out, I can only halfway oblige you - cuz I accidentally deleted the result pic to this wwyd...:frus :sorry...but I'll at least verbalize it...

Yep, you guessed right - Tony shot the combination - he hit it decent, but not good enough =

He hit the 9 too full to make the combo, the 9 hitting approx. 1/3 of the 5ball - the 5 wound up about 3/4ths of a diamond above his pocket along his long rail - the 9 wound up next to the 13 - and the cueball dropped down to the foot rail about 1 diamond to the left of my pocket.

- Ghost
ghost that still leaves me dangling
what was available to you after tonys shot???
in other words
was it a trap??
WHAT DID YOU DO??

onepockethacker

Verified Member

Tom
The prop bet is clear. You are going to shoot your shot..roll the 3 ball in and come back forth to leave me straight in on the 15 since that was your shot. Im going to play the shot that Frank, Cory, and Androd diagrammed.. You play your shot and we play the game out.. Then I play my shot and we play the game out.. Winner can't quit... Heres a hint at Derby on the Diamond with no humidity unlike here the shot is a hanger... At Derby the ball will release long off the 4th cushion instead of checking up on Gold Crowns down here..

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Set up the shot and shot it on the table we play on down here which has 4" pockets... Because its a Gold Crown and the humidity down here the cue ball would shorten way up off the 4th rail which I figured it would.. So in south Florida I would not play the shot as I suggested.. HOWEVER I will shoot it and execute it at Derby NO PROBLEM.. The cue ball will release off the 4th rail on the new cloth and live rails and float possible all the way to the end rail leaving ZERO if I miss the 3.. I was whizzing the 3 in on 4" pockets so making them at Derby will be pretty easy..

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
ghost that still leaves me dangling
what was available to you after tonys shot???
in other words
was it a trap??
WHAT DID YOU DO??
No, I wasn't in any trouble...I played a safety off of the 9ball, leaving the cueball wedged against the foot rail/under the 9 and 13.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
In this situation Im shooting a shot that lays perfect FOR ME!!! Im cutting the 3 ball in and the cue ball will hit side rail, end rail, side rail right before side pocket on my side then go between the 9 and 15 balls and down behind the 11, 14 and 13 balls. Is it risky? yes. Will I win the game if I execute it? YES. Will I lose the game if I dont? only if I scratch in the side. Im shooting it in any situation.

Rob, This is what you said. Check the bold print. I never made such claims to the shot I suggested. If you would like to back up your statement, then the prop bet is on as I mentioned earlier. This is not a "you shoot yours and I shoot mine" bet as far as I am concerned.

Your shot carries a great deal of risk, requires a much harder hit, and far more cue ball movement, which could easily result in a scratch or a sell out in any number of ways.

Maybe you can pull off your TV shot. I grant you the shot is possible given the proper conditions, but is that what we are all about here? I post my solutions with the idea of trying to use a common sense approach to the game. I'm not trying to use these wwyd threads to show off my own super talented abilities on paper. I have no super talented abilities anyway.

I've watched you play for some good size cash, and never once did I see you ever fire at shots like the one you're so keen on unless your back was against the wall.

You have made a lot of claims about your shot selection and how little everyone else knows about One Pocket even after 30, 40, or 50 years of playing the game. Show us how right you are.

Play your shot and we can go from there. I'll even play you even from that shot onward. You being the better player, certainly the better shooter, how can you refuse that offer? Unless you scratch in the side, you can't lose, right?

You have a nice day too,

Tom

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
No, I wasn't in any trouble...I played a safety off of the 9ball, leaving the cueball wedged against the foot rail/under the 9 and 13.
Tony shoulda crossed the 15 ball and ran out! Or butchered it and racked em up for another game. Lol :);):p:D

Thanks Ghost u da man!

wincardona

Verified Member
Based off of the results of the shot plus what I initially believed I now have confirmation that the 9-5ball combination is the best option. Tony didn't have a problem executing the combination as well as it needed to be executed to give himself a chance of pocketing the 5ball, which is evidenced in your description of how the shot played out. Basically he was ..sorta "free rolling" to win the game with the shot and we can't ask for anything better than that in this situation. As far as the other options that have been discussed the rebuttals on which is better, and why, lead me to believe that there are problems with all of them with the exception of the combination. The only problem with the combination was that a few guys said it was laying too thin to execute it the way it needed to be executed to make it a viable option, which was proven wrong. I'll shoot the combination against any other shot that has been discussed because of how easily Tony executed the shot.

Have a nice day guys.:lol:sorry

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
Based off of the results of the shot plus what I initially believed I now have confirmation that the 9-5ball combination is the best option. Tony didn't have a problem executing the combination as well as it needed to be executed to give himself a chance of pocketing the 5ball, which is evidenced in your description of how the shot played out. Basically he was ..sorta "free rolling" to win the game with the shot and we can't ask for anything better than that in this situation. As far as the other options that have been discussed the rebuttals on which is better and why lead me to believe that there are problems with all of them with the exception of the combination. The only problem with the combination was that a few guys said it was laying too thin to execute it the way it needed to be executed to make it a viable option, which was proven wrong. I'll shoot the combination against any other shot that has been discussed because of how easily Tony executed the shot.

Have a nice day guys.:lol:sorry

Dr. Bill
Simplicity..........like watching Shannon ''roll'' his ball.

sappo

Verified Member
Ghosty, I'm playing the 9-5 combo, playing the shot at pocket speed. I'm playing the cue ball side rail and down to the bottom rail. if i make the 5 I'm in good shape to win the game right there. if i miss I'm going to leave the 5 real close to my pocket maybe even in the pockets jaws. also if i don't make the 5 the 13 balls should block any clear path to the 5. either way i feel this shot can be the winning shot in the game. keith
So, do i get one of those famous Ghost Muffins?

Keith

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Tony shoulda crossed the 15 ball and ran out! Or butchered it and racked em up for another game. Lol :) :p:D

Thanks Ghost u da man! <-----Thanks Jeff, and uh, in that case...can I give you my paypal/$$$ address? :heh :D

Based off of the results of the shot plus what I initially believed I now have confirmation that the 9-5ball combination is the best option. Tony didn't have a problem executing the combination as well as it needed to be executed to give himself a chance of pocketing the 5ball, which is evidenced in your description of how the shot played out. Basically he was ..sorta "free rolling" to win the game with the shot <----- Yeah exactly..and that's why in my earlier post I said that it was the only shot that I didn't want him to shoot and we can't ask for anything better than that in this situation.

Have a nice day guys. :lol :sorry

Dr. Bill
Billy...I will tell Tony - he will like it that the former/used to be "Pittsburgh Billy" ;) said his shot choice was the best...

PS, Tony being a 73 yr. old Italian guy, he is a fan of yours :).

So, do i get one of those famous Ghost Muffins?

Keith
Not from me Keith, cuz it wasn't my shot...but I think Tony will give you a muffin...:)