Ghost vs. Tony 5 wwyd

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I think I can achieve the same result using extreme inside English which has a better chance of pocketing the three ball IMO. All I have to do is get the cue ball past the side pocket which is not quite as risky as going three rails with the cue ball on your shot.
Ghost already said you didnt have the angle to cut it with inside to get past the side pocket

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Seeing how there are so many "GREAT PLAYERS" :rolleyes: on this site and so many talk about prop betting.. I will play out this lay out with anyone on here at Derby with me shooting my shot and you guys can shooting..ANY ****ING SHOT YOU WANT.. bet between $ 100 to $ 1000 per turn.. winner can't quit.. Its time for me to show a bunch of no talent no creativity turds who the rooster in this hen house is.... COCKA DOODLE DOO MOFOS

have a nice day:)

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Yeah, sure! Where's John McEnroe when you need him. "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!"

I hope you are simply baiting the hook to see who jumps at agreeing with you on this insanity. :frus:D:lol

Talk about computer shots!

Tom
You can refer to post # 63.. when Im done with you and they take the stitches out of your ass maybe you will have a different opinion of my "COMPUTER SHOT"

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I'm in favor of cutting the three with just enough speed to get the cue ball back to my side rail, leaving Ghost straight in on the fifteen. He's not shooting it, guaranteed. Nothing to gain and everything to lose. I would like to get the three close to my hole, but just it's being down table and having no angle to bank it across to his side, will force him into a difficult position trying to remove that ball without surrendering to me a more appealing option. If I happen to make the three, that's fine. I can then bank the ten below the nine- five and hide it near my pocket, holding the rock along his side rail.

Tom
Your shot in this case is as useless as tits on a bull.. if you put the 3 by your hole and dont make it your opponent can just cut the 5 softly toward his hole between the 11 and 13 balls and either knock the 3 away or use it as a stopper and your trapped. If you make it you have gotten a ball and thats it. If you come up short on leaving him straight in on the 15 he can make it and run out. The best you can hope for on your shot is if you hang the ball.:sorry

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I must say I do love this site.. You have guys on here that are going to tell other people what shot they can or can't easily execute.. In all seriousness you guys are beautiful...

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
Well my friends, I'm taking the safe way out on this turn at the table.

Shoot directly in to the 14, knocking the 11 almost to the 1st diamond on the long rail. The cue ball and 14 will be on the short rail.

androd

Verified Member
Well my friends, I'm taking the safe way out on this turn at the table.

Shoot directly in to the 14, knocking the 11 almost to the 1st diamond on the long rail. The cue ball and 14 will be on the short rail.
Don't shoot too hard, you might make the 13ball in your pocket. :):p

Skin

Verified Member
In this situation Im shooting a shot that lays perfect FOR ME!!! Im cutting the 3 ball in and the cue ball will hit side rail, end rail, side rail right before side pocket on my side then go between the 9 and 15 balls and down behind the 11, 14 and 13 balls. Is it risky? yes. Will I win the game if I execute it? YES. Will I lose the game if I dont? only if I scratch in the side. Im shooting it in any situation.

Am I getting the description of this shot right?

Your're hitting your long rail off the cut of the 3 (you have to, of course), coming back to the head rail, then reversing direction off the head rail to go back to your long rail, then over and behind the 11-13-14?

Something like this if the lines were drawn correctly? Thanks.

View attachment 13407

Last edited:

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
I think I can achieve the same result using extreme inside English which has a better chance of pocketing the three ball IMO. All I have to do is get the cue ball past the side pocket which is not quite as risky as going three rails with the cue ball on your shot.
Now that we know that the cue ball will get past the side pocket this is the shot that I like as opposed to the shot that the hacker suggested. His shot has too big a margin for error, especially for us mortals. Sorry OPH.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
Am I getting the description of this shot right?

Your're hitting your long rail off the cut of the 3 (you have to, of course), coming back to the head rail, then reversing direction off the head rail to go back to your long rail, then over and behind the 11-13-14?

Something like this if the lines were drawn correctly? Thanks.

View attachment 13407
I hope that's not it.

Skin

Verified Member
Try this one !

Yeah, I saw that one, Rod. But that sequence is side rail - end rail - side rail - side rail just above the side pocket. I just didn't get that from the description.

P.S. I would play it like Mr. Henderson describes and that would be my shot here since the 5 is no-go. The thin cut doesn't bother me much. 4 rail position does though (for one thing, you've got to hit it a ton to get the cb around and down. And if you rattle the 3 at warp speed it might just come off the point and roll over to his hole. Then what if you land your cb position??? He's 2 inches away from it). :)

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
Ok, Frank, you draw faster than I do!

I was just trying to show the basic concept, so I wasn't being super-precise. It's interesting that you and I have such a similar overall path but very different contact points on the second rail.
I'll have to test the contact point on my table. I picked my spot thinking that the second rail will add a good amount of spin because of the slant involved which will cause the cue ball to open up more after contacting the third rail. Mainly to avoid of running into the nine ball.