lll

Verified Member
hit the combo to snuggle up to a mini catchers mitt
not to make the 5
gg1.jpg

jtompilot

Verified Member
That works out nice.

I see now after you drew the lines that the 9 ball is higher up than I it had set up. I was thinking it was lower so that shot would not have been available.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
not to make the 5
View attachment 13395
Dunno Larry,

Unless you are drawing the CB, I can't see this happening Larry, looks like the angle is prohibitive for the 14/11 snuggle. Looks like the CB is going to scratch on a poorly struck shot and on one that's very well struck the CB could float over to the side rail very near the corner pocket and possibly settle on the foot rail. Unless of course I'm seeing the angle wrong, which is entirely possible with cameras.

P.S. What do I know, I'm the guy that's crazy enough to cross the 15 ball here!!!
Ghost will let us know.

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
I haven't read all of these but I would cut the 5 playing all cue ball soft enough with rhe to go to the end rail and behind the balls and roll to a stop.If the 5 doesn't quite get there, OK, I'll take it.

lll

Verified Member
Since I was at the table, I'll report these facts...

#1. The angle is too thin to cut the 3 with, even max. inside english, and get the cueball safely north of the 10 ball.

#2. The 9-5 combo was obviously, a difficult shot, but it was definitely makeable - that's the only shot that I didn't want Tony to shoot, since he'll win the game right there and then if he happens to make it.

#3. The 10 was too close to the rail to kick effectively.

- Ghost
not to make the 5
View attachment 13395
Dunno Larry,

Unless you are drawing the CB, I can't see this happening Larry, looks like the angle is prohibitive for the 14/11 snuggle. Looks like the CB is going to scratch on a poorly struck shot and on one that's very well struck the CB could float down to the foot rail very near the corner pocket. Unless of course I'm seeing the angle wrong, which is entirely possible with cameras.

P.S. What do I know, I'm the guy that's crazy enough to cross the 15 ball here!!!
Ghost will let us know.
ghost
was the angle there or not??
p.s. floating to the foot rail would be ok too
seems the the bank on the 13 would be tough and the 5 might end up blocking it

lll

Verified Member
Since I was at the table, I'll report these facts...

#1. The angle is too thin to cut the 3 with, even max. inside english, and get the cueball safely north of the 10 ball.

#2. The 9-5 combo was obviously, a difficult shot, but it was definitely makeable - that's the only shot that I didn't want Tony to shoot, since he'll win the game right there and then if he happens to make it.

#3. The 10 was too close to the rail to kick effectively.

- Ghost
not to make the 5
View attachment 13395
Dunno Larry,

Unless you are drawing the CB, I can't see this happening Larry, looks like the angle is prohibitive for the 14/11 snuggle. Looks like the CB is going to scratch on a poorly struck shot and on one that's very well struck the CB could float down to the foot rail very near the corner pocket. Unless of course I'm seeing the angle wrong, which is entirely possible with cameras.

Ghost will let us know.
ghost

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
ghost
The angle was not there to have the cueball go where your arrows depict...but as I already said, the angle was there to make the combination and have the cueball go into the long rail and drop down to the foot rail.

lll

Verified Member
The angle was not there to have the cueball go where your arrows depict...but as I already said, the angle was there to make the combination and have the cueball go into the long rail and drop down to the foot rail.
thanks for clarifying that

Scrzbill

Verified Member
I haven't read all of these but I would cut the 5 playing all cue ball soft enough with rhe to go to the end rail and behind the balls and roll to a stop.If the 5 doesn't quite get there, OK, I'll take it.
Before I shoot some crazy ass shot just to tie my opponent up, I'm like you, cutting the five and running out. I like cutting the three before shooting the combo safe.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Tony's shot --- his pocket is at the top left --- ball score is 4-4, both going to 8 --- wwyd ----->
Either you are playing on a table that has no spot or something else is wrong, the 13 on the foot rail is just barely west of the center diamond, and the 9 looks to be east and slightly south of where the spot should be, it's definitely not on the spot. So where is the foot spot? Reason I'm asking is, I'd like to take this to the table and try all the options mentioned.

Thanks

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Either you are playing on a table that has no spot or something else is wrong, the 13 on the foot rail is just barely west of the center diamond, and the 9 looks to be east and slightly south of where the spot should be, it's definitely not on the spot. So where is the foot spot? Reason I'm asking is, I'd like to take this to the table and try all the options mentioned.

Thanks
No Jeff, there's no paper spot on the table...I'd say the spot is approx. 2" below, and 1-1/4" to the right of where the 9ball is sitting.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
In this situation Im shooting a shot that lays perfect FOR ME!!! Im cutting the 3 ball in and the cue ball will hit side rail, end rail, side rail right before side pocket on my side then go between the 9 and 15 balls and down behind the 11, 14 and 13 balls. Is it risky? yes. Will I win the game if I execute it? YES. Will I lose the game if I dont? only if I scratch in the side. Im shooting it in any situation.

have a nice day:)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Tony 5 wwyd

Wow. Eye opening. I didn't think of that. I agree that it's risky. But I guess if you are confident that you will sink the 3, that's pretty sporty.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Wow. Eye opening. I didn't think of that. I agree that it's risky. But I guess if you are confident that you will sink the 3, that's pretty sporty.
Set it up and try it.. when you are done then you can tell me you LOVE it.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
In this situation Im shooting a shot that lays perfect FOR ME!!! Im cutting the 3 ball in and the cue ball will hit side rail, end rail, side rail right before side pocket on my side then go between the 9 and 15 balls and down behind the 11, 14 and 13 balls. Is it risky? yes. Will I win the game if I execute it? YES. Will I lose the game if I dont? only if I scratch in the side. Im shooting it in any situation.

Yeah, sure! Where's John McEnroe when you need him. "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!"

I hope you are simply baiting the hook to see who jumps at agreeing with you on this insanity. :frus:D:lol

Talk about computer shots!

Tom

androd

Verified Member

I hope you are simply baiting the hook to see who jumps at agreeing with you on this insanity. :frus:D:lol

Tom
He's already got an " acolyte" on Devils Island. :):D

jrhendy

Verified Member

I think I can achieve the same result using extreme inside English which has a better chance of pocketing the three ball IMO. All I have to do is get the cue ball past the side pocket which is not quite as risky as going three rails with the cue ball on your shot.

onepockethacker

Verified Member

Tom
Tom the shot lays natural. The cue ball path is a hanger. If you can't see that then before you comment maybe you should set it up and try it.. It amazes me the limited creativity of some of you guys when shots lay natural..