Ghost vs. Tony 5 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Tony's shot --- his pocket is at the top left --- ball score is 4-4, both going to 8 --- wwyd ----->

Attachments

LSJohn

Verified Member
Tony's shot --- his pocket is at the top left --- ball score is 4-4, both going to 8 --- wwyd ----->
This is an easy one for me... to know what I'd do, not to win any cookies. :rolleyes:

I'm cutting the 3 toward my pocket playing a lot of CB to get straight in on the 10 as near the top rail as possible.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Tony 5 wwyd

Cut the 5 in and run out. Just be sure to over cut if I'm going to miss it.

sappo

Verified Member
Ghosty, I'm playing the 9-5 combo, playing the shot at pocket speed. I'm playing the cue ball side rail and down to the bottom rail. if i make the 5 I'm in good shape to win the game right there. if i miss I'm going to leave the 5 real close to my pocket maybe even in the pockets jaws. also if i don't make the 5 the 13 balls should block any clear path to the 5. either way i feel this shot can be the winning shot in the game. keith

Miller

Verified Member
Ghosty, I'm playing the 9-5 combo, playing the shot at pocket speed. I'm playing the cue ball side rail and down to the bottom rail. if i make the 5 I'm in good shape to win the game right there. if i miss I'm going to leave the 5 real close to my pocket maybe even in the pockets jaws. also if i don't make the 5 the 13 balls should block any clear path to the 5. either way i feel this shot can be the winning shot in the game. keith
heady shot keith....feel like a dummy i didn't see it. strong all the way around...
good eye.
:)

jtompilot

Verified Member
I love this shot...... 3 ball with two tips of right english. QB goes two rail shape straight in on the 11 or 14

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
If I thought the cut on the 3 wasn't to steep to get the CB north of the 10 ball, I'd shoot that shot, then looking at the 9/5 combo if I thought I could avoid the scratch in the upper right hand corner then I would shoot that shot.

If neither of those shots looked good at the table I would check the deflection angle of the CB coming off a cross of the 15 ball, if that fit with a billiard into the west side of the 9 ball then I might try to cross the 15 and billiard combo the 9/5 over also, possibly making the 5 or the 15 while dropping the CB to the foot rail on the west side of the 13 ball, or completely butchering the hit and opening everything up for you, then racking the balls for the next game!!!

Yeah, I know, that's fn nuts, but sometimes I like crashing into the furniture just to see what happens, at least for a maximum of $30.00 a game!! This shot selection should get me some action at DCC if I show up for a couple of days!!

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
just woke up and saw the thread
first shot that came to me
good call sappo
to my eye the cut on the 5 is too thin to control the cue ball unless you are planning to get shape on the 3 next..:eek:.....:D

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Tony 5 wwyd

just woke up and saw the thread
first shot that came to me
good call sappo
to my eye the cut on the 5 is too thin to control the cue ball unless you are planning to get shape on the 3 next..:eek:.....:D

I'm shooting to get on the 9 next. Not easy I agree but in theory it works. I just may need someone else to actually shoot it for me 😳. My eyes are going.. 🤓👀.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I'm kicking 10 ball towards my hole. might go off the 13 ball. low right English.

straightback

Verified Member
The only shot I'm looking at is chopping the 5 in. If the cut is too thin, the kick on the 10 can do some real damage.

jtompilot

Verified Member
15, 9, and 5 all bank to opponents hole so be careful.

I don't think there's enough room to kick the 10, but the bank to get I somewhat close looks good. I would draw it a little to give a bad angle on banking the 15 and possibly have the 15 hide the 10.

Cutting the 5, if missed will leave several bank shots. And if hit too hard leaves a cut on the 15.

The 9-5 combo either scratches or runs into the two balls that don't currently go for your opponent.

For me it's either the 3(don't run into the 15) or the 10 ball bank. I would have to be at the table to decide if I think the angle is there for the 3.

Of course banking the 10 might leave open the return two ball combo moving the 14 close and hiding behind the 13.

Tuff spot with many options

Last edited:

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
This would be my shot. No downside to this shot.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
I'm in favor of cutting the three with just enough speed to get the cue ball back to my side rail, leaving Ghost straight in on the fifteen. He's not shooting it, guaranteed. Nothing to gain and everything to lose. I would like to get the three close to my hole, but just it's being down table and having no angle to bank it across to his side, will force him into a difficult position trying to remove that ball without surrendering to me a more appealing option. If I happen to make the three, that's fine. I can then bank the ten below the nine- five and hide it near my pocket, holding the rock along his side rail.

Tom

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I'm in favor of cutting the three with just enough speed to get the cue ball back to my side rail, leaving Ghost straight in on the fifteen. He's not shooting it, guaranteed. Nothing to gain and everything to lose. I would like to get the three close to my hole, but just it's being down table and having no angle to bank it across to his side, will force him into a difficult position trying to remove that ball without surrendering to me a more appealing option. If I happen to make the three, that's fine. I can then bank the ten below the nine- five and hide it near my pocket, holding the rock along his side rail.

Tom
After studying the table for a while now, I like this best also. Focusing on getting the 3 as close as possible is key here I think. Banking the 10 just leaves ghost too close to his work and could end up being costly. The combo on the 9-5 seems slightly off from the other photos posted, but that is a good shot if it lays right.