Ghost vs. Tony 3 wwyd

LSJohn

Verified Member
An old jewish man is walking in the woods and he comes upon an old lamp. He picks up the lamp and rubs it and a genie pops out.. The genie says I will grant you one wish whatever you want... The old man pulls out a crumpled map and opens it and points to the Middle East.. He says genie there has been war and bloodshed in that part of the world for thousands of years could you please bring peace to that part of the world... The genie says Im sorry but even with all my powers that is one wish thats impossible, can I grant you a different wish... The old man says well Im a member of Onepocket.org and me and some other members are trying to get Billy Incardona to comprehend a routine shot on there we have been discussing.. So genie can you please help us get some common sense through Billys thick skull... and the genie says.. CAN I TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AT THAT MAP? lmfao:lol:lol:lol:lol:D
:lol :lol :lol

lll

Verified Member
An old jewish man is walking in the woods and he comes upon an old lamp. He picks up the lamp and rubs it and a genie pops out.. The genie says I will grant you one wish whatever you want... The old man pulls out a crumpled map and opens it and points to the Middle East.. He says genie there has been war and bloodshed in that part of the world for thousands of years could you please bring peace to that part of the world... The genie says Im sorry but even with all my powers that is one wish thats impossible, can I grant you a different wish... The old man says well Im a member of Onepocket.org and me and some other members are trying to get Billy Incardona to comprehend a routine shot on there we have been discussing.. So genie can you please help us get some common sense through Billys thick skull... and the genie says.. CAN I TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AT THAT MAP? lmfao:lol:lol:lol:lol:D
rob
you are one funny guy......lmao
:heh:heh:heh:heh:heh

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Well Bill,

Rob put you on the spot, you gotta come you with something to stop the bleeding!!

Ok, since you have suffered being the butt of Rob's very funny story simply because you were defending a shot choice of mine, I will relate a vivid dream I had just last night.

Rob, you, and me robbed a bank, a silent alarm was tripped by someone in the bank and we narrowly escaped getting trapped inside the bank. We made it to the car, but the cops were hot on our tail. We headed to the waterfront docks where there are countless warehouses that are cluttered with boxes and crates in which to hide.

We made it, but they saw which one we went in, so they surrounded the building. Bill stayed down among the boxes and crates and Rob and I went up into the rafters. From there we could see everything that was happening.

Now somehow they were able to identify all of us, I guess from the excellent cameras they use these days in the banks, anyway they announce over a loudspeaker, "Alright Bill, Rob, Jeff, we got the place totally surrounded, you cannot escape, you have one minute to give yourselves up, or we're coming in to get you!"

So Bill stands up, raises his hands and starts walking toward them, they opened fire on him, cut him down for no reason, he was giving himself up!!!

It pissed me off so bad I pulled down my pants and stuck my ass out to s... on them and just as I did a beam from a spotlight hit me square in the butt, and they said "alright Rob, we see you too, come on down!"

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Well Bill,

Rob put you on the spot, you gotta come you with something to stop the bleeding!!

Ok, since you have suffered being the butt of Rob's very funny story simply because you were defending a shot choice of mine, I will relate a vivid dream I had just last night.

Rob, you, and me robbed a bank, a silent alarm was tripped by someone in the bank and we narrowly escaped getting trapped inside the bank. We made it to the car, but the cops were hot on our tail. We headed to the waterfront docks where there are countless warehouses that are cluttered with boxes and crates in which to hide.

We made it, but they saw which one we went in, so they surrounded the building. Bill stayed down among the boxes and crates and Rob and I went up into the rafters. From there we could see everything that was happening.

Now somehow they were able to identify all of us, I guess from the excellent cameras they use these days in the banks, anyway they announce over a loudspeaker, "Alright Bill, Rob, Jeff, we got the place totally surrounded, you cannot escape, you have one minute to give yourselves up, or we're coming in to get you!"

So Bill stands up, raises his hands and starts walking toward them, they opened fire on him, cut him down for no reason, he was giving himself up!!!

It pissed me off so bad I pulled down my pants and stuck my ass out to s... on them and just as I did a beam from a spotlight hit me square in the butt, and they said "alright Rob, we see you too, come on down!"
So let me get this straight... you had a DREAM in which you end up pulling your pants down in front of another man and bending over....hmm.. It doesn't sound like one pocket is your game and definitely not STRAIGHT POOL... MAYBE POCKET POOL..:lol:lol

They have sights out there to fulfill your fantasies but please keep that shiit off of here:heh:heh

as far as the joke I will give you 4 out of 10... im feeling generous...

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
So, you're either joking, or hustling a bet that no one in their right mind would accept.

So, you're joking either way, right?

Yes I'm joking..:frus..in case you didn't notice, I joke around a lot - I'm always including 3-6 different smileys to indicate that I'm joking...:frus

You sound like you're pleading the fifth, none of that makes any sense, or doesn't really mean squat. It makes sense to me :rolleyes:

Which of the 6 shots would you shoot and why? Or will you continue to plead the fifth?

It's a simple question.

Oh, sorry, Good Morning!
I don't know why you're so concerned with what my shot choice here is :rolleyes: unless it's cuz you want to learn from me, and if that's the case than it's ok...:p...

And once again, by saying to me - "You sound like you're pleading the fifth" ---> you're imagining what I mean, instead of reading/believing what I actually post and mean, i.e. when I said - "my choice of shots here would depend on who I'm playing, if I'm up or down $$$, and the table conditions - I was speaking the truth, not taking any 5th amendment...:rolleyes:...

But ok, since you think I'm "pleading the fifth" and that my saying that what I would shoot here depends on many factors "doesn't make any sense", and you want to know what my choice would be, I'll give you a couple of examples...

If I was playing a crucial hill hill game, and I play much better than the guy I'm playing, and I can totally out-move him, and I was giving him 12-8, and he now needs 4 more balls and I need 8, and the table has tight 4-1/4" pockets --- well, I don't shoot as straight as Shane, so I'm not taking the chance of rattling the 12 or 15 and losing the match because of that.....my choice will be to bank the 5 cross-corner (it passes the 8, as I already posted)..I like my odds at winning the game from here on out, after shooting that shot...

conversely...

If I was playing that crucial hill hill game against a top player/mover, like for instance, Shannon, Cliff, Ike, etc...then I would shoot the 12 and try to get out now...whether I would shoot it the way you and Billy like, or the way Rob likes - for me it's a close choice, and I would have to be at the table to decide for sure.

- Ghost

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
it took a while but this thread is starting to get real good.

jeff has his hackles up

bill has his back to the wall

ghost is back pedaling

hacker is coming around to the forum in style

everyone else is on the couch waiting for more.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
it took a while but this thread is starting to get real good.

jeff has his hackles up

bill has his back to the wall

ghost, as is so often the case, had to correct the jealous, annoying, delusional hacker..had to take the time (and I truly admire his patience) to spell out exactly what he said and meant in his posts, to those who misinterpret and misquote him..and also had to explain how there really are many factors to consider when choosing your shot choice, and gave examples.

hacker is giggling, belching, and farting

everyone else is on the couch waiting to see more winning moves from the ghost.

Yeah, ain't it the truth beatle.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
I don't know why you're so concerned with what my shot choice is :rolleyes: unless it's cuz you want to learn from me, and if that's the case than it's ok...:p...

And once again, by saying to me - "You sound like you're pleading the fifth" ---> you're imagining what I mean, instead of reading/believing what I actually post and mean, i.e. when I said - "my choice of shots here would depend on who I'm playing, if I'm up or down $$$, and the table conditions - I was speaking the truth, not taking any 5th amendment...:rolleyes:...

But ok, since you think I'm "pleading the fifth" and that my saying that what I would shoot here depends on many factors "doesn't make any sense", and you want to know what my choice would be, I'll give you a couple of examples ...

If I was playing a crucial hill hill game, and the guy I'm playing I play much better than, and I totally out-move him, and I was giving him 12-8, and he now needs 4 more balls and I need 8, and the table has tight 4-1/4" pockets - I don't shoot as straight as Shane, and I'm not taking the chance of rattling the long shot, and losing the match because of that.....my choice will be to bank the 5 cross-corner (it passes the 8, as I already posted)..I like my odds at winning the game after that...

conversely...

If I was playing that crucial hill hill game against a top player/mover, like for instance, Shannon, Cliff, Ike, etc...then I would shoot the 12 and try to get out now...whether I would shoot it the way you and Billy like, or the way Rob likes - for me it's a close choice, and I would have to be at the table to decide for sure.

- Ghost
Good post (and there's no charge for this one. :D )

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
You're gonna need to lighten up on the Ghost. As much as I'd hate to do it, I'd be honor-bound to jump in your shit... he means too much to me/his Fan #1 for me to ignore this any longer. :heh
John, just gotta tell you...please don't feel bad about this..but you're my #2. fan, not #1. - my #1. fan is my homey ----->

Attachments

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I don't know why you're so concerned with what my shot choice here is :rolleyes: unless it's cuz you want to learn from me, and if that's the case than it's ok...:p...

But ok, since you think I'm "pleading the fifth" and that my saying that what I would shoot here depends on many factors "doesn't make any sense", and you want to know what my choice would be, I'll give you a couple of examples...

If I was playing a crucial hill hill game, and I play much better than the guy I'm playing, and I can totally out-move him, and I was giving him 12-8, and he now needs 4 more balls and I need 8, and the table has tight 4-1/4" pockets --- well, I don't shoot as straight as Shane, so I'm not taking the chance of rattling the 12 or 15 and losing the match because of that.....my choice will be to bank the 5 cross-corner (it passes the 8, as I already posted)..I like my odds at winning the game from here on out, after shooting that shot...

conversely...

- Ghost

Good post (and there's no charge for this one. :D )

Thanks Johnny.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Great WWYD Ghost,
And just having fun there Rob.
Hope youse guys knew that!

Need more like this one, stirs the imagination and adds interest to the site.

Thanks

LSJohn

Verified Member
Well Bill,

:lol :lol :lol

::trumpets:: dah-d-d-daaaaaaaaaah!

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
I have been requested to provide my opinion about the ongoing controversy over whether playing position on the 8 or the 10 and 15 is the best choice here.

I am utterly surprised any one would realistically believe the combination is a valid consideration. I won't even bother explaining why I feel this way. For those who like that choice, I can only offer my sympathy.

As far as playing position on the 8 ball, I will answer it this way. What would I be thinking about my opponent's confidence if in this situation he chose to draw for the 8 in an attempt to hedge his bet with a safety while having ball in hand. He has a clear and natural path to position on two balls, and either of these two balls lead him to a perfect angle on the 3 which leads directly cross table for position on the 8. From there everything is open and ready for the completion of the run. The only answer to this question that would come to mind is that this guy's confidence needs a booster shot of vitamin B 12. That would certainly raise my confidence level just knowing his is low.

Sure, playing shape on the 8 can work. But does it give you the best chance to win the game? I think not. Suppose you draw for the 8 and the cue ball runs into the bottom of the 5 ball and sticks to the side rail? Now you may not have a decent angle to get on anything but the bank. That is, unless you are willing to put some heat on the 8 ball shot trying to get back up table enough for the two balls you know you should have played for in the first place. With ball in hand I know I have a very predictable path for position on the 10 and 15 by using natural easy follow. I can ask for little more than that. If I miss, well that's why we play the game.

Quite frankly, I don't see why there is so much debate over this. Rob's insistence that playing for the 8 is the right shot stems from the premise that the shot provides some measure of safety, but is that really what should be going through your mind when the opportunity to win the game is handed to you on a platter? Of course not. When it is time to shoot, shoot!

Erase any negative thoughts from your mind and shoot when it is proper to do so. If this 12 ball shot is too difficult for you, and you don't feel you are getting the proper odds, than maybe you better just go home because this ain't your game.

Tom

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
Tom only a fool would choose a shot that if you miss you lose when you can play the same degree of difficulty and if you happen to miss you dont lose.. What would it say to me if someone chose yours and Billys path? I have a sucker on my hands.. SWEET!! If getting on the 8 ball because your afraid to hit with a stop shot stroke is too tough for you guys, you and Billy should go take up shuffle board..:sorry If you want to show how confident you are just shoot the 14 13 combo which was Billy's original shot
Now I know you and Billy are and have always been uncomfortable playing on tight pockets so maybe you guys are saying you would shoot to get on the 10/15 balls on 5 inch pockets... however I play on 4 inch pockets and thats how the game should be played. Now then if you and Billy want to shoot your shots just come on down to Lucky 7's or Goldcrown and we got tables for you "heroes". Then after you guys beat up the rails a few times and start thinking " hmm maybe I should play for the 8 in case I miss" On tight pockets this is common sense to play for the 8.
Now then as far as agreeing with Billy, I tell everyone thats what you are going to do. After all he endorsed your book so you wouldn't step on his toes. Which leads me to the ultimate point in this rebuttal..
If you and Billy would play the "right" shots in these situations maybe I wouldn't have "ROBBED" both of you guys.. I let you off the hook when you were promoting your book sales and I even P.M.'d Larry about it and you can ask him.. but now screw it... We did play the day before you played james and you blew $ 400 to me. You are right about one thing, you didn't bet $ 100 a game( it would look better for you if you did) you bet $ 50 and you blew 8 games... you had 2 bad scouting reports back then.. the first thinking you could fucck with me playing even one pocket and the second you let James play on the wire(real bad scouting report):lol:lol
This shot isn't about showing your opponent how "confident" you are its about shooting the best shot that will give you the overall best chance to win percentage wise. Meaning you have to count in the times you miss:frus
You and Billy are welcome to come and shoot this shot at Lucky 7's and I will even film the results so everyone can see:lol:lol

P.S. See now I had to be the bad guy.. just like Tony Montana said.. " you people need a guy like me so you can point your fuucking finger and say there that's the bad guy"
You"re pretty much out of line with your rebuttal. First, I never said that I would shoot the combination as my first choice, what I did say is that on certain equipment the combination would be a consideration and it wouldn't be wrong choosing it. Secondly, Tom was referring to playing the 12ball to the 8ball by drawing the cue ball to the side rail, not forcing it to the bottom rail. If you read his post again you will see that. If the debate is about drawing the cue ball off the 12ball to play for the 8ball is concerned it's clearly, at least to me a much weaker shot than playing the 12 to the 10- or 15ball playing with a natural ball.

Then you bring this debate to a table with 4" pockets and try to claim that that's the way the game should be played.:lol On 4" pockets shot selection is much different than on 4-1/2" pockets so what's your point?

Then finally your assuming that the placement of the 12ball with the 10ball acting as a possible interfering ball allows you to place the cue ball to where the force follow is natural..I disagree. you have to cut the 12ball using the stop stroke and there will be times when you scratch straight in the corner because of the unnaturalness of the shot. Do you see a scratch going from the 12ball to the 15ball?

Your ego was bruised because Tom said that he agreed that playing for the 10 or 15ball was a better choice than drawing the ball for the 8ball, he's 100% correct with his appraisal of the shots, you don't agree? Maybe you should of asked for a hug instead of how you rebutted.:heh:sorry

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
You"re pretty much out of line with your rebuttal. First, I never said that I would shoot the combination as my first choice, what I did say is that on certain equipment the combination would be a consideration and it wouldn't be wrong choosing it. Secondly, Tom was referring to playing the 12ball to the 8ball by drawing the cue ball to the side rail, not forcing it to the bottom rail. If you read his post again you will see that. If the debate is about drawing the cue ball off the 12ball to play for the 8ball is concerned it's clearly, at least to me a much weaker shot than playing the 12 to the 10- or 15ball playing with a natural ball.

Then you bring this debate to a table with 4" pockets and try to claim that that's the way the game should be played.:lol On 4" pockets shot selection is much different than on 4-1/2" pockets so what's your point?

Then finally your assuming that the placement of the 12ball with the 10ball acting as a possible interfering ball allows you to place the cue ball to where the force follow is natural..I disagree. you have to cut the 12ball using the stop stroke and there will be times when you scratch straight in the corner because of the unnaturalness of the shot. Do you see a scratch going from the 12ball to the 15ball?

Your ego was bruised because Tom said that he agreed that playing for the 10 or 15ball was a better choice than drawing the ball for the 8ball, he's 100% correct with his appraisal of the shots, you don't agree? Maybe you should of asked for a hug instead of how you rebutted.:heh:sorry

Dr. Bill
Hacker,It's just an opinion, come on man.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
I have been requested to provide my opinion about the ongoing controversy over whether playing position on the 8 or the 10 and 15 is the best choice here.

I am utterly surprised any one would realistically believe the combination is a valid consideration. I won't even bother explaining why I feel this way. For those who like that choice, I can only offer my sympathy.

As far as playing position on the 8 ball, I will answer it this way. What would I be thinking about my opponent's confidence if in this situation he chose to draw for the 8 in an attempt to hedge his bet with a safety while having ball in hand. He has a clear and natural path to position on two balls, and either of these two balls lead him to a perfect angle on the 3 which leads directly cross table for position on the 8. From there everything is open and ready for the completion of the run. The only answer to this question that would come to mind is that this guy's confidence needs a booster shot of vitamin B 12. That would certainly raise my confidence level just knowing his is low.

Sure, playing shape on the 8 can work. But does it give you the best chance to win the game? I think not. Suppose you draw for the 8 and the cue ball runs into the bottom of the 5 ball and sticks to the side rail? Now you may not have a decent angle to get on anything but the bank. That is, unless you are willing to put some heat on the 8 ball shot trying to get back up table enough for the two balls you know you should have played for in the first place. With ball in hand I know I have a very predictable path for position on the 10 and 15 by using natural easy follow. I can ask for little more than that. If I miss, well that's why we play the game.

Quite frankly, I don't see why there is so much debate over this. Rob's insistence that playing for the 8 is the right shot stems from the premise that the shot provides some measure of safety, but is that really what should be going through your mind when the opportunity to win the game is handed to you on a platter? Of course not. When it is time to shoot, shoot!

Erase any negative thoughts from your mind and shoot when it is proper to do so. If this 12 ball shot is too difficult for you, and you don't feel you are getting the proper odds, than maybe you better just go home because this ain't your game.

Tom
Maybe Tom was referring to force drawing the cue ball to the bottom rail, that would be the stroke needed to execute this option the way it lays. I did notice that he said there's a possibility that the cue ball might go into the bottom of the 5ball and stick there straight in on the 8ball:eek: and then there's a chance you could end up straight in on the 8ball on the rail with no position potential. He's correct.:heh So quite possibly you may need more than just a hug.:lol:lol:D

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Maybe Tom was referring to force drawing the cue ball to the bottom rail, that would be the stroke needed to execute this option the way it lays. I did notice that he said there's a possibility that the cue ball might go into the bottom of the 5ball and stick there straight in on the 8ball:eek: and then there's a chance you could end up straight in on the 8ball on the rail with no position potential. He's correct.:heh So quite possibly you may need more than just a hug.:lol:lol:D

Dr. Bill
Let me break it down to the members just to prove how wrong you guys are.

Worst case for my shot I miss and Im down 4 to 0 with the majority of balls on my side..Im an underdog but still winnable.
Worst case for you guys, you miss and you can rack the balls up. YOU LOSE
Second worst case scenario with my shot i nudge the 5 ball and get straight in and frozen on the 8 AFTER nudging the 5 (once again you and Tom defying the laws of physics) but I will humor you guys.. then I make the 8 and bank the 5.. At worst Im going to hang the 5 so how do I end up? After you are forced to make the 5 for me Im down 4 to 3 with ALL the balls favoring me. Im the favorite.
Second worst case scenario for you guys, you under hit it and dont get up even for the 15 then you have to bank the 5 and if you hang it your down 4 to 2.
Best case scenario for both of us we both get where we want and run out. Im sorry to bring math into this but you guys take your time(hopefully you guys are wearing sandals) and you guys can start to add it up..

P.S. Im being dead serious... WITH BALL IN HAND if you guys are worrying about scratching because you guys can't set up the right angle then you guys should both never hit another ball... I think the majority of members will and should agree that the scratch you mention is a joke for your argument.

P.P.S. just think if I dont get straight in and frozen I get get to the 10 and 15 next without having ever risked the game:frus:frus

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Billy let me ask you something... If you put the cue ball on the headstring 1 diamond off the rail.. when you make the 12 with a stop shot hit WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK THE CUE BALL IS GOING TO GO? I dont have 5 more days for you to experiment and figure it out( don't need you refelting again) Its going about 2 to 3" left of the diamond the 8 ball is by.. I don't need to go to a table like you guys to know that.. UNBELIEVABLE

P.S. Ghost you need to put up another WWYD the story about can't teach an old dog a new trick is obvious... This WWYD has had it.

Last edited: