Ghost vs. Tony 3 wwyd

wincardona

Verified Member
LMFAO LMFAO How the hell are you going to sell out the 8 ball if you shoot the 2 3 combo and stop the cue ball LMFAO I hope everyone reads that post of yours.. that will end all the arguments... If YOU dont think you are smoking crack its because you have dementia and forgot you just smoked it... Once again.. I someone shoots the 2 into the 3 and stops thrie cue ball on the 14 ball YOU SELL OUT THE 8 LMFAO:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
My bad, I thought you meant the 1ball into the 3ball, not the 2ball into the 3ball. You're correct about that, but only about that.

Starting with the 12ball to the 8ball is a stretch, especially when playing one of the combinations guarantees you a follow up shot. Even playing your combo shooting the 2ball into the 3ball is a better choice than playing the 12ball playing shape for the 8ball, providing you have to call your next ball.

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Wonderful, we have another prop bet.:D I'll bet that shooting the 13ball combination you will have a following shot more often than you will by starting with the 12ball...........Well???

You're the one that said.."For those who want to start with the combo." I'm just accomodating you by getting you an opponent, or did your statement only apply to "over the hill" players that can't shoot straight?:lol:lol

Dr. Bill
By the way please explain to everyone how by shooting the 2/3 combo you ar going to sell out the 8 ball

wincardona

Verified Member
From now on you can only reply to the WHAT WHAT DANNY DO threads... LOL Obviously you are not going to shoot your own shots Im saving this thread, this is absolutely priiceless:lol:lol:lol
You never cease to amuse me with your way of twisting the facts of the conversation to suit your "worldly advice"

If you were Danny Smith would you consider starting with the 13ball combo?

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
You never cease to amuse me with your way of twisting the facts of the conversation to suit your "worldly advice"

If you were Danny Smith would you consider starting with the 13ball combo?

Dr. Bill
Im shooting the 12 ball no matter who I am because its the shot that leaves nothing if you miss.

wincardona

Verified Member
:lol :lol :lol
You're right John, I get much more rewarded listening to his twisted humor than I do listening to his absurd way of explaining why certain options are better.:lol:lol

From now on maybe he should answer the wwyd's with..If i'm playing Dr. Bill. Or if Dr. Bill is shooting.:frus

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
well I woke you up to that option... People will notice that you failed to see that combo in your opening post.. Don't worry I will make you a one pocket player eventually:D
Yes you did wake me up to that option reason being that i'm not looking for options that are low% when i'm trying to surmount deficits, especially if there are many other better offensive options available. Now if I had the lead then maybe that option would of been more recognizable. Aren't we supposed to think under those terms? Playing the score is imo the most important part of selecting the right option in many cases..like this one.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
well I woke you up to that option... People will notice that you failed to see that combo in your opening post.. Don't worry I will make you a one pocket player eventually:D

Thanks for the invigorating conversation, you energized me, now I can start my day...At least I got something positive from the debate.

Dr. Bill

beatle

Verified Member
larry and the hacker are right here. it is easy to shoot the 12 or even the 15 and draw over to the side rail for the eight which no matter where you land you get position on something. no real sell out the few times you miss. that is one of the key shots in one pocket a player needs to learn to make.

hacker isnt smart enough to figure out the best shot for the score and the % of making them, but he does know how to run out a simple layout. he is very valuable here for that perspective :)

i know i shouldnt be building him up like that as he will get a bigger head.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
Positioning the cue ball in the correct spot there is no draw required in shooting the 15 ball to get the eight straight in, just roll the 15 in.
For me, being an old timer like the ghost said his opponent is, anything else could be missed my me and losing the game.

I would pass on the 15 ball if I had to draw to get on the eight. The draw requires a delicate hit that if under pressure it could be hit bad and even possibly scratch along with missing the 15 ball.

Us old timers aren't as aggressive as we used to be.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
any of you prop bettors want to play this scenario out let me know.. Im saving this thread, this is absolutely priiceless :lol:lol:lol
I will send you my paypal address for my payment, if you are planning to save and use my thread for commercial purposes..:eek:...:heh...:cool:

keoneyo

Verified Member
The Barber's shot gets the most respect from me on the 15 since his analysis is the most honest in regards to his own abilities and personal expectations.

However the shot on the 12 imo is the correct shot to win the game. A simple draw shot using the 5 ball as a stopper for position with the 8.Its a shot that even if you don't feel is in your realm of ability you should master.

jrhendy

Verified Member
Im shooting the 12 ball no matter who I am because its the shot that leaves nothing if you miss.
Anytime us old guys try to do two things on a shot, one of them is liable to go wrong.:D

I like Frank's shot on the 15 because I can hit it with speed to the pocket, leave nothing if I miss, and use the bank after I run two balls to get position for the other balls.

When I was your age I would rifle in the 12 and get out.:lol

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I think I was the one who first posted the 12 to the 10 and 15. That does offer a good chance of getting out without ever having to worry about getting inside position for the 8 or having to bank the 5, because you have a good chance of getting just right on the 13 from the 10 and 15. I still think that's a pretty good path. I think it was Hendy who pointed out that this is a shot on the 12 where you really only have to focus on one thing, making the 12. That's good.

But I do like Hacker's path, and I don't think the 12 to the 8 is as tough to control as some are saying. I can set it up close to straight and stun over for the 8 with a medium stroke. Or I can give it more angle and roll it--this too basically allows me to focus only on making the 12.

Upon reflection, if I'm, say, 90% to make the 12 my way (going for the 10/15), then I'm probably 80%+ to make it with the slow roll (and 99.5% likely to hang it if I miss).

If I miss my way then I lose the game. If miss Hacker's way, I've got a ball hanging and the other guy is on defense. Likely worst case is that he uses the 8 ball to clear my ball, I get to clear out the 5, and I'm only down 4-1 with the balls laying decent for me.

Long story short, I think Hacker's path wins, for me. If I'm stroking the balls really well, then I stun it. If it's a normal day, then I set up the CB so the natural tangent line is almost straight at the chalk cube and I use a drag shot stroke.

Thanks, Rob.

Cory

LSJohn

Verified Member
I think I was the one who first posted the 12 to the 10 and 15. That does offer a good chance of getting out without ever having to worry about getting inside position for the 8 or having to bank the 5, because you have a good chance of getting just right on the 13 from the 10 and 15. I still think that's a pretty good path. I think it was Hendy who pointed out that this is a shot on the 12 where you really only have to focus on one thing, making the 12. That's good.

But I do like Hacker's path, and I don't think the 12 to the 8 is as tough to control as some are saying. I can set it up close to straight and stun over for the 8 with a medium stroke. Or I can give it more angle and roll it--this too basically allows me to focus only on making the 12.

Upon reflection, if I'm, say, 90% to make the 12 my way (going for the 10/15), then I'm probably 80%+ to make it with the slow roll (and 99.5% likely to hang it if I miss).

If I miss my way then I lose the game. If miss Hacker's way, I've got a ball hanging and the other guy is on defense. Likely worst case is that he uses the 8 ball to clear my ball, I get to clear out the 5, and I'm only down 4-1 with the balls laying decent for me.

Long story short, I think Hacker's path wins, for me. If I'm stroking the balls really well, then I stun it. If it's a normal day, then I set up the CB so the natural tangent line is almost straight at the chalk cube and I use a drag shot stroke.

Thanks, Rob.

Cory
Good post, good thinking.

Now, what do you think of Frank's suggestion to start with the 15 and go to the 8? On reflection, I think I like that better than the 12.