Ghost vs. Tony 3 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
There's about 5 different offensive choices/balls that go in your pocket to choose from in this wwyd - something for everyone......

I just banked the 5ball straight back - just missed it - and was playing cross-table shape for the 8ball when I accidentally pocket scratched in Donn's pocket......

So Donn now has ball in hand --- Donn's pocket is at the top right --- the ball score is 2-2, Ghost going to 9, Donn going to 7 --- wwyd?

PS, The 3ball (in a 'big ball position) and the 1ball are both between 1/8"-1/4" off the rail...the 2ball does not have room to go in between the 13 and 3.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Last view ----->
Good chance to learn something here.

I would start with the 12, pick up the 10 and 15 with the intent to get on the 8. Depending on the angle, then I either go for the 3 or the 5 after that. Preferably the 3, because then I can bank the 5 and get on the 1.

A pure shot maker probably just cuts the 13 in, pops out the 1 a bit with the cueball, and is off to the races. Sadly, that ain't me.

On the other hand, depending on how exactly I end up on the 10 and 15, I might forego the 8 ball entirely and try to get a good angle on the 13 from a bit closer up. In fact, I think that path is better if the table cooperates.

Cory

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Tony 3 wwyd

Ass-clown. Lol! Thanks for the laugh Ghost. I needed that.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
You gotta go for the win here and in my estimation that means shooting the 13. Everything is open once you make that.

Miller

Verified Member
i'm with cory and john.

shooting the 12. getting on top of the 10 and 15.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Stop shot on the two, leaving cue behind that fourteen, if I hang it, but also leaving the thirteen next for me, and go from there..

Kybanks

Verified Member
I would shoot the 12 and play position for the 8 and hopefully fall flat enough to go one rail towards the 14 ball. In my opinion you have to get into those balls as soon as you can to get the max.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
The 12 has the biggest pocket, and Tony prolly tried to soft draw under the 5 and work from there. I would choose the 12 also w/ follow and get above the 10 and work from there.

lll

Verified Member
I'm shooting the 15 ball and getting on the eight ball.
I would shoot the 12 and play position for the 8 and hopefully fall flat enough to go one rail towards the 14 ball. In my opinion you have to get into those balls as soon as you can to get the max.
The 12 has the biggest pocket, and Tony prolly tried to soft draw under the 5 and work from there. I would chose the 12 also w/ follow and get above the 10 and work from there.
i like getting on the 8 next using the 12 since getting rid of that ball opens up the 10 and 15 for later
frank
why the 15 ball to start??
jeff
why go for the 10 after the 12 instead of going for the 8 next??

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
i like getting on the 8 next using the 12 since getting rid of that ball opens up the 10 and 15 for later
frank
why the 15 ball to start??
jeff why go for the 10 after the 12 instead of going for the 8 next??
lll,
Ghost asked the question about running balls from this spot, so being behind 4/0, my first shot selection from the kitchen would be the easiest I could find with the biggest pocket. For me, that's the 12 ball. Then using follow and getting above the 10 offers me multiple position options on the next ball, depending on how I settle above the 10. If I fall a little short, I pick up the 15 next, it's my insurance ball.
Jeff

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
lll,
Ghost asked the question about running balls from this spot, so being behind 4/0, my first shot selection from the kitchen would be the easiest I could find with the biggest pocket. For me, that's the 12 ball. Then using follow and getting above the 10 offers me multiple position options on the next ball, depending on how I settle above the 10. If I fall a little short, I pick up the 15 next, it's my insurance ball.
Jeff
jeff
i also like using the 12 to start and i understand your thinking
thanks fro the explanation
to me you dont have to hit the 12 as hard to get on the 8 making it alittle easier shot (not that either one is that tough) and from the 8 you should be able to get to the 10/15 or bank the 5

onepockethacker

Verified Member
The proper way to run these balls is 12 to the 8 trying to get straight on the 8 so you can bank the 5 ball next and then fall on the 10 15. After that you are gone. The reason you go from the 12 to the 8 is because if you dont get straight in on the 8 then you have to have an angle.. well if you have an angle you then go from the 8 to the 10/15 balls and THEN back down for the 5 ball. Once you get rid of the 5 ball your opponents only threat is gone.... Ervolino was a master at running balls like these. You have way more margin of error going from the 12 to the 8 then you do from the 12 to the 10/15 balls... Plus if you get on the 8 right away you might end up with the perfect angle to make the 8 and go nudge the 14 ball leaving you the 13 and 3 next.

The 12 to the 8 gives you so many follow up options with the least degree of getting screwed by your cue ball going too short or far with your opening shot

Last edited:

dontscratch

Verified Member
Shoot the 1 3combo-then the 1-then the 15, and then the 12 or the eight depending on the angle-Being in the same age group and not the best shooter anymore, I would slow roll the combo because if I miss any of these starting shots I will probably lose anyway-