Ghost vs. Tom 1 wwyd

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I like your shot for the reasons that you have explained. Yes your opponent has the advantage here because of the position of the 11ball, your option would give you an excellent chance to move it at some point afterwards. OOPS! Maybe Stroud explained why this shot was effective but you're the player that came up with the move first.

I also like pocketing the 8ball and positioning the cue ball between the three chalks and the pocket. From there your opponent can't come off the spotted balls and drop to the foot rail because he won't be able to see the side of the 15ball to execute the shot. From this position he will be at a disadvantage and will be forced to give you the first move to either improve your position or move the 11ball.

The shot I like best (if available) is to cut the 14ball in and go twice across table for position to possibly run out. The angle looks to be very steep, however, many shots like this one appears to be too steep but actually are playable. Low left english, using a good stroke will often surprise you on what can actually be done.:D

Dr. Bill
Cut the 14 ball and run out?.... hmmmm... back sniffing glue again Billy?:lol:D

androd

Verified Member
I'm looking at going five rails with the fourteen ball. The shot may also allow you to pocket the 8 with the cue ball. The speed of the 5 railer is very controllable from this position, and if you mistakenly hit the stripe by your opponents pocket coming off the long rail, it still moves those two balls towards your hole/side of table.
^^ That's got to be it.

The only other aggressive flyer (just for kicks really) may be to bank the 14 one rail. Hitting it just above the side pocket, firm with a little inside stun, may open it up enough to make it. Go two rails around the ball on the spot for shape.

Can't really tell the angle from the picture though, if it's too flat the cue ball wont get there and it's not even a flyer anymore.

Not too much crazier than some of the earlier propositions :D.

tree
Remember Tom is getting 10 to 6. :D:p
Rod.
P.S. I know these are wwyd not wwtomdo.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Remember Tom is getting 10 to 6. :D:p
Rod.
P.S. I know these are wwyd not wwtomdo. <----- Not true bro.
Rod....if you read my initial post in the thread, I give the option to comment either way...although nobody does it much..I do it to give more options for discussions of which shot would be a solid choice - based on the skill set of the shooter.

- Ghost

unoperro

Verified Member
I like backcut on 14.

I think Tom shot the 14 to double the corner,playing the 11?
center on cb . 14 should come uptable.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Cut the 15 in and run into the 11. Or maybe one-rail the 6.
Bingo!...

Tom banked the 6 cross corner at his hole, while playing the cueball around 3 rails for position, and to end up fairly safe...he banked it thinner then he meant to (probably because of being, rightfully concerned, with scratching in the top right corner) - and inadvertently banked it into the 15 - ending up/leaving me like this ----->

Attachments

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
Question

Question

Question please. My shot was to roll the 8 in and try to corner hook him on the 6. Playing Derby no hook rules, if i intentionally corner hook him on the 6 ball, and not the 14 ball can a foul still be called on me?

Miller

Verified Member
Question please. My shot was to roll the 8 in and try to corner hook him on the 6. Playing Derby no hook rules, if i intentionally corner hook him on the 6 ball, and not the 14 ball can a foul still be called on me?
confusing dcc rule.jpg

I have never understood this rule either. Along those same lines, does this mean it is a foul if there is a ball jawed up in a pocket and you roll the cue ball into it (with a legal hit) jawing them both in the pocket, is that a foul?

lll

Verified Member
Bingo!...

Tom banked the 6 cross corner at his hole, while playing the cueball around 3 rails for position, and to end up fairly safe...he banked it thinner then he meant to (probably because of being, rightfully concerned, with scratching in the top right corner) - and inadvertently banked it into the 15 - ending up/leaving me like this ----->
i must say with my 61 year old eyes it didnt appear from the pics you could even hit the 6...:eek:....:eek:....:(,,,,:frus

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
So then on my responding shot, I banked the 6 cross-corner, caromed the 15 in on the same shot - then cut the 11 in - game over...:eek: :eek: :eek:

- Ghost

Attachments

androd

Verified Member
No ! That's when you push the CB against the bevel of the pocket and hold it there with the stick.
Rod.
P.S. Everyone used to do it, I always asked "How many fouls was that" :)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
I think I would just send the green ones toward my hole and try to draw back for a little Chinese Snooker on his ass at the same time.

This is mine
It affords putting the cue up table and putting two balls into your hole

Scrzbill

Verified Member
So then on my responding shot, I banked the 6 cross-corner, caromed the 15 in on the same shot - then cut the 11 in - game over...:eek: :eek: :eek:

- Ghost
Nice shot. The carom looked like a scratch to me. How did you shoot to avoid the scratch?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member

- Ghost

I was only joking :) but if we were playing for $5 a game, I probably would have tried that shot...all I really did here was bank the 15 over to my side and drop whitey down on to the foot rail.

Attachments

NH Steve

Administrator
View attachment 11530

I have never understood this rule either. Along those same lines, does this mean it is a foul if there is a ball jawed up in a pocket and you roll the cue ball into it (with a legal hit) jawing them both in the pocket, is that a foul?
Heck no, you said it yourself, "with a legal hit". If you can make a legal hit to a cushion with a legal stroke, without double kissing, then you did it right and you made a great shot.

senor

Verified Member
No ! That's when you push the CB against the bevel of the pocket and hold it there with the stick.
Rod.
P.S. Everyone used to do it, I always asked "How many fouls was that" :)
You may have asked me that a time or three :eek: It took me a little while to understand the point.

Happy New Year!