Ghost vs. Steve 7 - the end game - wwyd?

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Mktank's shot, kick into the foot rail and come into the left side of the 1 banking the 5 to the hole. Whitey

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member

Mktank's shot, kick into the foot rail and come into the left side of the 1 banking the 5 to the hole. Whitey

My MAN!!!!!! Can’t wait to see the video!!

Side note: this is the first time someone has selected my shot in years 😂

sappo

Verified Member
Steve's shot --- the ball score is 6-6, both going to 8 --- Steve's pocket is at the top right --- Steve is in a tough spot --- the 15ball is frozen to the rail --- there's approx. 1/16" of space between the 1 and the 5 balls.....wwyd?
Now Im not criticizing anyone, but its amazing how good so many players are that they can kick the length of the table, come off the bottom rail and hit the correct side of an object ball at the speed need to the combo a ball 2 lengths of the table. On top of that they only gt a single try at it. There is also the risk of losing the game if you don't hit that correct side of the object ball. Great shooting! K

Mkbtank

Verified Member

Now Im not criticizing anyone, but its amazing how good so many players are that they can kick the length of the table, come off the bottom rail and hit the correct side of an object ball at the speed need to the combo a ball 2 lengths of the table. On top of that they only gt a single try at it. There is also the risk of losing the game if you don't hit that correct side of the object ball. Great shooting! K

It’s a hanger 🤩

unoperro

Verified Member
If that kick combo bank on the 5 is on,at least its far enough from the cushion that throw shouldnt be a issue.

I am 1 rail kicking the 15 at about the speed to lag 3 rails to the side pocket. If you hit it right whitey should stay on the good side of the 1 and 5.

androd

Verified Member
:sorry Rod, but that's a no go >>> "there's somewhere's between 1/16"-1/8" of space between the 1 and the 5 balls - the 1 will definitely hit the 15 if the top of the 5 is struck".
My Bad, Thought they were frozen, picked that shot up from Joiner, works well even if hit sorta bad.

Island Drive

Verified Member
Your right, but the way Hendy put it, kicking at the 15 softly. I may end up owing a ball, but will still be in the game. __________________

Any player here can lag Near the foot rail ball and guarantee they will be on the l/s of that ball.

What I heard John really say was this...."table position is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more important than spotting a ball". l

androd

Verified Member
It's not so tough with 8/10 tries.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I'm keeping it simple here..

I like and would shoot cincy kid's choice
all day long.....
;)
Yep...this shot if that’s his pocket close to the 15.

^^^^ It's really a good idea to read what has previously been posted before you suggest a shot...:rolleyes:...but I'm sorry, maybe it's my fault for not making it large enough to read...here, maybe this will help >>>

"there's somewhere's between 1/16"-1/8" of space between the 1 and the 5 balls - thus, the 1 will definitely hit the 15 if the top, or side of the 5 is struck".

cincy_kid

Verified Member
^^^^ It's really a good idea to read what has previously been posted before you suggest a shot...:rolleyes:...but I'm sorry, maybe it's my fault for not making it large enough to read...here, maybe this will help >>>
lol, you are funny Ghost...

first, even if it strikes the 15, so what? the CB will be to the left side of both of those balls and safe right?

secondly, when I first looked at the shot, I did think they were on the spot and frozen. I still may shoot my shot if I think the collision will not cause a sell out.

If it will cause a sell out, then I like kicking at the 15 soft. If I was playing for cheap I may try that kick bank it looks fun ;)

(the 2 rail kick doc / dr bill likes would be ideal but I personally have not practiced it much, I need to, its a good shot, but i am afraid I may hit the wrong side of the balls and sell out)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I see that a lot of our 'regulars' haven't posted up a shot choice here...I guess they must be stumped and don't know what to do...:heh...:D

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
I'm coming off the edge of the 5, but just hard and thin enough for the cue ball to get to the bottom rail and not scratch. I don't see a safe angle or a safe speed to get close to the 15 with the rock. For cheap i'm kicking the 15 in, breaking the 1 out and getting the win right here...lol

Island Drive

Verified Member
KY Jelly LOL

KY Jelly LOL

I'm coming off the edge of the 5, but just hard and thin enough for the cue ball to get to the bottom rail and not scratch. I don't see a safe angle or a safe speed to get close to the 15 with the rock. For cheap i'm kicking the 15 in, breaking the 1 out and getting the win right here...lol
LOL....that's the Crabb man/oh/man. :D

jtompilot

Verified Member
I see that a lot of our 'regulars' haven't posted up a shot choice here...I guess they must be stumped and don't know what to do...:heh...:D
If my stroke wasn’t so crooked I’d shoot Mitch’s one rail kick into the 1 banking the 5 for a score. But the reasonable shot for a hack like me is Cincy’s shot but softer, with no shot on the 1 or 15 and the cue ball on the bottom rail close to the first diamond.