Ghost vs. Ray 4 wwyd?

rnewkirk

Verified Member
Knock the 11 ball down. Send Jojo three or four rails back to where he is now. Or even two rails . . .
Vapros and Larry's choice is the best option as far as I can see. I would not even be afraid of scratching in bottom right pocket -
opponents hole. It would be sort of an unlucky scratch, but at least you would have two balls on spot.

Ghost, Nice WWYD. Hope to see you in June at MOT.

NH Steve

Administrator
So several of you are pocketing the 11 with a real thin hit, then going two rails off that side rail, then the bottom rail and back down. That seems like a pretty thin hit, and I would find the cue ball a little harder to control because once you go that thin, small variations in contact amount can make a bigger variation in your angle. Given that the cue ball is far enough off the rail, why not use more of a half ball hit and just go one rail down and back?

But looking more closely at the pic, I think you could also lightly roll the cue ball rail first into that ball bumping the ball into the far pocket point, without pocketing it. I'm leaning that way unless Ghost says he looked at that and the ball was too deep. From what I see in the pic it would be fairly high percentage.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I tried several different shots. The 2-railer off the 11, bringing the CB down to the opponent's pocket was the easiest to accomplish. Almost no way to screw it up. The only bad outcome (besides a scratch) would be hitting it short and having the CB end up too far towards the center of the foot rail, which would allow for a return long bank.

Getting the CB over toward the head rail on the opponent's side can be accomplished with a draw stroke, or a 5-railer. The 5-railer is actually more consistent. The draw shot tends to be under-drawn.

A guy could also hit the 11 with inside, bringing the CB down the shooter's side rail to near the foot rail. As long as the CB ended up below the 1st diamond, it should be okay. I didn't try that shot.

~Doc

unoperro

Verified Member
So I believe there are 4 options.
1 pocket the ball and reposition whitey to a safe place.
2 Roll whitey onto the footspot,ala Efren. Then you can say you did it😎
3 roll whitey into the near corner trying to titty hook.
4 roll into the pocket where the 11 is once again trying for the titty hook. This would produce the strongest result albeit at the highest risk.

12squared

Verified Member
So I believe there are 4 options.
1 pocket the ball and reposition whitey to a safe place.
2 Roll whitey onto the footspot,ala Efren. Then you can say you did it😎
3 roll whitey into the near corner trying to titty hook.
4 roll into the pocket where the 11 is once again trying for the titty hook. This would produce the strongest result albeit at the highest risk.
5 make 11 and follow the cue ball in the side pocket.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
Well we thought of everything else..Here is a option. Simply make the ball and roll the cue ball trying to freeze him on the rail or hang it in the pocket or something. He has a shot at his pocket but it's not free by any means.. probably a ghosty psychological warfare thingy

catkins

Verified Member
make the 11 and draw back onto the foot spot since every one I know has perfect draw speed

catkins

Verified Member
spinning below the side pocket with a lot of right English to roll two rail to sit just below the corner pocket .

when taking this shot to the table it played perfectly one rail to half a diamond below the upper right corner. with good speed freezing the rail makes the bank low percentage and if missed gives up position as I see it.

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
I would rethink the intentional foul. Roll the cue ball straight to the short rail by his pocket so the cue ball stops in front of his pocket. Then he can not shoot the 11 nor does he have a good shot with the spotted ball. Just think if he tries to shoot the spotted ball...what will he leave you.

It looks like the 11 is a makeable ball for you but not for him... so why move it?

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
spinning below the side pocket with a lot of right English to roll two rail to sit just below the corner pocket .

when taking this shot to the table it played perfectly one rail to half a diamond below the upper right corner. with good speed freezing the rail makes the bank low percentage and if missed gives up position as I see it.
Chris...I'm still not clear on your shot...

When you say "below the side pocket" does that mean to the left or the right side of the 11ball?...and which side of the 11ball are you striking when you pocket it?

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I would just go rail first right before the 11 super slow and nudge the 11 into the point.... I try to avoid pocketing the ball and force my opponent to pocket it.

lll

Verified Member
I would just go rail first right before the 11 super slow and nudge the 11 into the point.... I try to avoid pocketing the ball and force my opponent to pocket it.
this is what i was referring to above dan
i typed my post before i read yours

Miller

Verified Member

Chris...I'm still not clear on your shot...

When you say "below the side pocket" does that mean to the left or the right side of the 11ball?...and which side of the 11ball are you striking when you pocket it?
catkins shot.JPG

Skin

Verified Member
One high risk/high reward possibility is to sink the 11 and stun the cb a tad left to titty hook him from the spotted ball. If the 11 went and the cb scratched behind, that wouldn't be total disaster, but not getting the titty hook would be. :eek:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
ghost are you able to nudge the 11 without making it?
Too risky Larry = when slow rolling to execute that, all you need is 1/8" of table roll-off and it causes you to not get a rail, or pocket the 11 - either one loses you the game.

Kybanks

Verified Member
The 2 rail position back to his hole is by far the easiest to execute and the only shot you sell out is an off angle 2 railer.