Ghost vs. Paul 4

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Paul's shot --- Paul's pocket at the top right --- score is 1-1, both going to 8 --- got several choices here --- wwyd? ----->

P.S. Paul is a strong player, and a very strong 3cushion player..and he is a very careful and defensive-minded One Pocket player...that said, probably most here won't choose the shot that he did......I believe pilot Jim has played Paul a couple of times.

Attachments

catkins

Verified Member
I like rolling through the 12 banking it my way off the 5 and cutting the strip towards my pocket and hiding behind two ball on the short rail

Attachments

Last edited:

darmoose

Verified Member
I am playing off that six ball to put the CB on the bottom rail behind those two balls down there. How's that for defensive minded?:D

rnewkirk

Verified Member
Bruce, Ghostie, this is a tough WWYD. I think shoot the 6 just above the side pocket placing on my side of the table. And use top right to lay down on the end rail against the 15 ball.:cool:

Last edited:

TxOnePocket

I'm twisting the nine down to my hole pocket speed, focusing on spinning into the 10 ball hard enough to kick it away, but leaving the cue ball on the endrail. They will have a terrible 11 ball shot i'd live with.

Alt shot would be to bank the 13 ball with med speed with the intent to collide with the 3 and 15, pulling all 3 balls to my side, the cue ball will be hit with low right draw tight into the corner going 2 rails and heading toward the side rail where the chalk is sitting.

Both a bit overzealous, ducking is probably correct..

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
one of many maybe equal possibilities but i might just two rail that ten ball that is up table into the stack or to your hole if more conservative and hold him against the rail there.

beatle

Verified Member
another easy and strong shot is to bank the 13 ball into the three and take the cue two rails through the big hole and to the long rail on his side and down by the ten ball. he is now covered from seeing the balls by your hole.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Paul 4

I like banking the 13 into that ball on the bottom rail by the 3 and swinging the cue around uptable on his side. Easy for a 3c player.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Darmoose's and Newkirk's safety seems pretty good to me, although if the CB doesn't rest on the rail or on the 15, the opponent has a free straight-back on the 11-- possibly with po'.

But with this layout the shooter will continue to be on defense until he gets something in front of his hole (or made). I'd probably take a swing at the 2-railer of the stripe that's sitting on the head rail near the opponent's side (Beatle may be suggesting that shot too). Use right spin so that the CB feeds toward the side rail. That way if the opponent wants to take an ice water shot on the 11, he loses the game if he misses...:cool:

~Doc

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Lots of shots from here!

I do like the 13 cross corner into the 2 balls and CB 2 or 3 rails back between the hole up table like others pointed out but for me, I dont see how you can pass up on the 2-railer on the 10 ball.

I shoot it with low left, draw into that other stripe a little to rest about there. 10 ball goes 2 rails and either goes, gets close or hits some balls down there , but you will have them doubled or tripled up.

Island Drive

Verified Member
Bank the 4 ball off the other long rail into the backside of the 11. Use ALLOT of r/h draw, cue ball off the long rail and put em back up table by the upper r/h corner pocket.

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
I like rolling through the 12 banking it my way off the 5 and cutting the strip towards my pocket and hiding behind two ball on the short rail
I like your shot, but I would stick right there. Smack it and get the 5ball outta there, avoid all kisses.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
I am playing off that six ball to put the CB on the bottom rail behind those two balls down there. How's that for defensive minded?:D
John, I am going to have to quit editing my posts. You beat me to it by 3 minutes.

It takes me longer to post than most, and then edit.

GOOD CHOICE, I like your shot:D

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Darmoose's and Newkirk's safety seems pretty good to me, although if the CB doesn't rest on the rail or on the 15, the opponent has a free straight-back on the 11-- possibly with po'.

But with this layout the shooter will continue to be on defense until he gets something in front of his hole (or made). I'd probably take a swing at the 2-railer of the stripe that's sitting on the head rail near the opponent's side (Beatle may be suggesting that shot too). Use right spin so that the CB feeds toward the side rail. That way if the opponent wants to take an ice water shot on the 11, he loses the game if he misses...:cool:

~Doc
This is 100% what I saw and why. I like banking the 13 into the 15, too, but the 2-rail cue ball path is a little fraught though it is there.

Nick B

Verified Member
Two railing the 14 and parking him on the label. If I drain it I get a free 2 ball for the win.

Attachments

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Two railing the 14 and parking him on the label. If I drain it I get a free 2 ball for the win.
That's it Nick but I thought the ball was the 10 not 14...either way, that's what I am playing too, good shot!

Hardmix

Verified Member
That's it Nick but I thought the ball was the 10 not 14...either way, that's what I am playing too, good shot!
You are going to have the cut the 10/14 more than what is diagramed to miss the 2. That said, you better leave the 10/14 in the jaws because if you don't the 11 ball is free, and if made, its all over but the crying.

jrhendy

Verified Member
I like banking the 13 into that ball on the bottom rail by the 3 and swinging the cue around uptable on his side. Easy for a 3c player.
That is my choice too. Worst case you leave him a back cut on the 11 which is a tough shot and sends balls to your hole. If you hit it well, the cue ball is down by the ten and you have blockers for anything that gets near your hole.

We have two new Gabriel’s coming to Hard Times and I will learn as much as I can so we can play some next time we cross paths.