Ghost vs. Pat 37 - wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Pat's shot, his pocket is at the bottom left --- the ball score is 0-0 --- the table/ball positions greatly favor Pat here, but what can he shoot here to keep me from negating that? ......wwyd?00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000X.jpg

jtompilot

Verified Member
I would consider jacking up and shooting straight into the 15 and try to leave the cue ball there or draw it to the rail. I foresee the 12 ball going to my hole. You can shoot straight into a frozen ball can’t you?

Kybanks

Verified Member
I believe I would cut the 4 ball to the left and try and get the cb behind the 1 ball where he couldn't see the stripe on my long rail.

Last edited:

vapros

I will get the bridge and cut the 3 ball enough to billiard the 9 ball and move toward my pocket. I will draw Jojo over against the long rail, and take my chances with whatever the Ghost can do from there.

Tobermory

Verified Member
That's the shot for me, too, if it looks good at the table. Even if I foul, it would be worth the point to get the 12 close and move the others balls to my side. If it doesn't look so good, I'd come off the 1 and leave the CB by the rail and use the 4 as a blocker. If he wants to take a shot at the 4, I can live with those odds.

I would consider jacking up and shooting straight into the 15 and try to leave the cue ball there or draw it to the rail. I foresee the 12 ball going to my hole. You can shoot straight into a frozen ball can’t you?

lll

Verified Member
ghost
words cannot express how much i want to thank you for putting up a thread that has nothing to do about rules....:)
your wwyd's are very educational and have helped my decision making from the discussions and lessons learned over the years
THANK YOU BRUCE
sincerely
larry

youngstownkid

Verified Member
I really don’t want to trade fouls here, but I would consider intentionally fouling but I’d make it look like I was jacked up trying to shoot the combo and just executed it awful and just barely graze the cb or purposely bump it on a practice stroke and then angrily call the foul on myself. Maybe because it didn’t look like I was trying the intentional,he might not return with one himself. Lol.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
There really aren't a lot of choices here. If I could reach it adequately, I'd come off the 3 ball with low left bringing the CB off the side rail and back toward the 5 ball, so as to block access to the balls in my quadrant.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Pat's shot, his pocket is at the bottom left --- the ball score is 0-0 --- the table/ball positions greatly favor Pat here, but what can he shoot here to keep me from negating that? ......wwyd?View attachment 429937
Low left and carom the 3 off the nine , not trying to make the 13 or anything like that or the nine or 5 might sell out. Just trying to freeze the cueball on the rail about the 2nd diamond

beatle

Verified Member
i cant tell enough what will happen from the pic. but i would look long and hard for what a push shot could do from the different angles.

Eengat

Verified Member
Of in a very bad spot i will make fouls to make him to make fouls
To extend the game
And wait for a stroke of genius

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
ghost
words cannot express how much i want to thank you for putting up a thread that has nothing to do about rules....:)
your wwyd's are very educational and have helped my decision making from the discussions and lessons learned over the years
THANK YOU BRUCE
sincerely
larry
Thanks much for sayin' Larry - glad to help you out...

I put up these wwyd's to promote and teach One Pocket to all of our lurkers, and because I know that our members like to view them and post up their considered shot choices...also...

I've known Steve Booth since before he started this site 16 years ago, and we talked about this site that he wanted to develop...at one point back then, Steve asked me what I thought about him setting me up on the site to be the guy who would answer questions re. strategy, etc. from players that were learning the game - but we never did do that.........so as a way to support my old friend Steve for creating this great site, I put up the wwyd's to do my part to add good content to the site, helping to keep it vital and informative.

- Ghost

Island Drive

Verified Member
That's the shot for me, too, if it looks good at the table. Even if I foul, it would be worth the point to get the 12 close and move the others balls to my side. If it doesn't look so good, I'd come off the 1 and leave the CB by the rail and use the 4 as a blocker. If he wants to take a shot at the 4, I can live with those odds.
My thought also, but I'd push whitey forward in such a way, the cue ball angle off the 3 ball will not allow the shooter anything but going up table.

tap.tap..tap...ghost....:)

catkins

Verified Member
I think I am gentle drawing off the three ball to get to the rail froze to the second diamond

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Pat's shot hasn't been mentioned yet - and probably won't be 🙃 ...no offense to my buddy Pat, but his choice was not very likely to succeed...since Pat and I play for very low stakes, so he likes to sometimes try low% shots just to see if he can execute them successfully.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I think even being jacked up, but enough room to comfortably strike the cue ball....
I would just roll up table and glance the side of the 4 ball and try and roll cue ball to rail.
All of the balls on your side are doubled up and your opponent has to figure out where to put you on your side of the table without selling out a bank. It looks like a very simple shot to execute with a good return and you don't lose a ball on an intentional.
Depending on my opponent tendencies, would depend if i wanted to leave the cue ball on long rail or bounce off a bit and triple him up behind the 1.
poolX.jpg

RickC

I'd take a foul, kicking one or two rails up table, and try to leave him long and straight in on the 14 ball. Frozen on top rail would be nice.