Ghost vs. Pat 34 wwyd?

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
The two ball is sitting perfect for the bank. If I don't make it but just get close he will have to deal with it and then I might have a play on the twelve ball.

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
I don't remember this, but knowing (painfully) how well Ghost banks, I think he'd be tempted to twist the 3 in, especially if the 8 goes afterward.

pj
chgo

beatle

Verified Member
if i was to bank the 2 ball i would be more inclined to bank it into the 9 ball. and leave the cue ball snuggled up against the 11 on the short rail.

beatle

Verified Member
another shot that is viable is to split hit the 3 and 8 and send the 8 into the 12 and get it away from his hole and leave him on the long rail.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
The 7ball looks dead !
I actually looked at that shot, but I couldn't see that it would work. And I don't drink!..:)

To my eye the gap would have to be slightly wider between the 13 & 15. But those shots do come up once in awhile. Or about in every game, if you're Tony Chohan.

~Doc

beatle

Verified Member
i cant tell from the pics if it could go so didnt consider it. but those are the kinds of game winning shots many dont shoot because they havent practiced them sometime. they are actually very easy to make and win games. and also lose games if you dont hit them right. rod plays better than most here so if he speaks i listen to what he says.

t-dog

Verified Member
another shot that is viable is to split hit the 3 and 8 and send the 8 into the 12 and get it away from his hole and leave him on the long rail.
If you are going to disturb those balls tied up, you could bank the 3 into the stack (4ball) and leave the cue on the back of the 8.

NH Steve

Administrator
I am banking the 12 in my hole and coming off with left hand English to clip the 4 and open those balls to my hole.
I’m with you — it appears to lie perfect for this shot. I’m not touching those two balls that don’t go to Pats hole but do go to mine :D

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Well, I liked the bank on the 12 a lot and almost shot it..but my sadistic side, which is always wanting to trap and torture my opponent :heh, saw that simple but deadly soft roll of the 13 ball and overruled my banking of the 12...and so, here's the Max. security jail cell where Pat, having been denied bail :sorry, now sits...:D >>>

Attachments

NH Steve

Administrator
Well, I liked the bank on the 12 a lot and almost shot it..but my sadistic side, which is always wanting to trap and torture my opponent :heh, saw that simple but deadly soft roll of the 13 ball and overruled my banking of the 12...and so, here's the Max. security jail cell where Pat, having been denied bail :sorry, now sits...:D >>>
I could learn from that... and I should learn from that... because I always tend to chose the offensive shot, even though the trap might be even more offensive -- to the opponent lol.

Island Drive

Verified Member
I too had to choose this. Because, I know I can hit this shot with 100% control of both balls. Only thing I don't like is if you allow your opponent the 7/13 bank stick em return shot.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
That was the shot that Doc outlined in post #19. I had a feeling that you selected that lock 'em down safety...:cool:

~Doc