Ghost vs. Pat 33 wwyd

wincardona

Verified Member
Did you say gopher? The shot I like here is to shoot the 10 and freeze to the 7. The offensive shot I like is to Carom the 11 in off the 2.
Excellent observations Kybanks, you seem to understand the game well as you consistently come up with creative options. Of the two options, I prefer the billiard because of the difficulty between the two shots. I feel that you will make the billiard as many times as you will successfully freeze or lay on the 7ball leaving your opponent in a tough situation. Anyways another good call.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
There were a lot of good choices here...I finally decided on the lock-up shot that Bill, Kyb, and a coupla others chose...here's how it turned out >>>

P.S. Pat cannot see the 9ball.
This option IMO was the best safety option available, but it isn't that easy to execute. You have an excellent feel for these type of shots and usually hit them well. Not to mention that you prefer to take the trapping option over the more aggressive options when there's a choice. Is that wrong? Certainly not, there's more than one way to "skin a cat"

Dr. Bill

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
There were a lot of good choices here...I finally decided on the lock-up shot that Bill, Kyb, and a coupla others chose...here's how it turned out >>>

P.S. Pat cannot see the 9ball.
The outcome illustrates what would make me nervous about shooting your shot: the chance that the 10 will carom off the other nearby balls back at the CB, potentially knocking it loose from your carefully constructed trap.

In this case the 10 almost did that, but instead of knocking the CB loose it closed the door on the trap. You hit it great!

pj <- have completely suppressed this memory
chgo

Kybanks

Verified Member
Excellent observations Kybanks, you seem to understand the game well as you consistently come up with creative options. Of the two options, I prefer the billiard because of the difficulty between the two shots. I feel that you will make the billiard as many times as you will successfully freeze or lay on the 7ball leaving your opponent in a tough situation. Anyways another good call.

Dr. Bill
Thank you Dr Bill!