Ghost vs. Pat 26 wwyd

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
IMO Gradys sytem is the easiest to implement, and the most accurate I have come across. About the only thing I have no experience with, is the Zero X stuff from Tor Lowery , Everything of his is high level so I'm sure the kicking is also. I feel I kick as well as I will ever need to , so my time is better spent on other parts of my game.
Thank you for the information Billy. I happen to have Tor Lowry's banking and kicking videos. Will have a look and make a post when the time permits.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
I was hoping for a comment or two on my shot in post #5, but I didn't get a single one. How about it, Jeff? Actually, I could shoot it straight into the face of the 7 ball, with no cut at all - nearly as good.
If I’m understanding your shot correctly... I’m not a fan of it Vapros...
Here’s why... and no disrespect sir, I’ll tell it like I see it...

As I see it, the cb will be very difficult to move that far with force follow, looks like you’d have to blast it because of its proximity to the 7 ball, it’s to close to it... easier imo just cueing it high...

Now as to the moving parts... if you hit like it lays, the 7 is thinning the right side of the 10, sending the 7 to the long rail below the side pocket and cutting the 10 towards the 9 ball... from there, it’s a tough guess where all the balls affected will settle, because there is considerable speed associated with this shot...

Using high follow on the cb, it appears to be heading about 3 inches north of the side pocket... which, at the angle on which it’s traveling would carry it to approximately the middle of the top rail...

Imo, Vapros, the idea is sound, it’s just got to many unknowns, the main concern would be the speed of the 7 ball, it’s gonna be flying...

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Surely he did not roll into the pocket to corner hook you off the titty ?
I'd say it would have to be played off of the 7 having cb going to side rail and rolling up on the 10.
Another shot is coming off the 7 drawing to the side rail and then spinning up behind the 12, but man this is difficult. Whitey

Well if there is an easier shot than two outta the corner that will preserve Pats position, I will be glad to learn it...
If I could pick the cb up and place it somewhere.... that’s actually possible to get to by shooting it there from where it is right now, that would probably be frozen to the backside of the 14 ball... That would take a very good knowledge of the table’s speed, and drift...
I don’t really see anywhere else Pat might have tried to put the cb that hasn’t been mentioned by someone before... So I’ll guess he tried to soft kick at the 14 to freeze the cb on its backside...
Nope, nope, nope, and nope...two last hints...Pat's shot was a legal shot, not an intentional safety...and his shot took place somewhere in the down-table 1/3rd of the table = somewhere on the table between the 5ball and the foot rail.

unoperro

Verified Member
Shoot into the 14 and double kiss whitey up by the side. 14 should basically stay within about a 5" circle of where it is.

12squared

Verified Member
Nope, nope, nope, and nope...two last hints...Pat's shot was a legal shot, not an intentional safety...and his shot took place somewhere in the down-table 1/3rd of the table = somewhere on the table between the 5ball and the foot rail.
It's hard to tell if the cueball could hit the 5 to bank it. If so, maybe hit it to bank, carom into the 10 ball and send whitey up table????

cincy_kid

Verified Member
did Pat play off the left side of the 7 and roll the cb down between the 11/3 to get you close to the end rail as possible?

wincardona

Verified Member
I will force follow to get near the upper right pocket, maybe behind the stripe there (12?) I will drive thru the 7 ball at a very tiny angle, which nicks the 10 and crosses back to my side of the table. This is one of my favorite shots and I can make it 22 out of 23 tries - a valuable shot in one-pocket. The cut angle on the 7 ball is so small it is almost just in your head.
Good eye Bill. I was looking at that shot and I feel that If the two cushion intentional wasn't available I would definitely choose your option.

Dr. Bill

vapros

Verified Member
Okay, I'm feeling better about my shot. As requested, Jeff sparks evaluated it, but he didn't like it. That's what I had wanted to know and I am a fan of Jeff's one-pocket knowledge. Then Dr. Bill weighed in and assured me it would be his choice if the two-rail intentional scratch had been unavailable. It's a shot I shoot often and with good success. Thanks to both my gurus.

Tobermory

Verified Member
I like those force follow shots too because I feel pretty comfortable judging the right speed with that stroke. It gets me out of a lot of trouble sometimes.

Okay, I'm feeling better about my shot. As requested, Jeff sparks evaluated it, but he didn't like it. That's what I had wanted to know and I am a fan of Jeff's one-pocket knowledge. Then Dr. Bill weighed in and assured me it would be his choice if the two-rail intentional scratch had been unavailable. It's a shot I shoot often and with good success. Thanks to both my gurus.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Yep, that does it. Dr. Bill, Tobermory, Jojo and me - against the field.
Vapos, on your shot it is to shoot the 7 into the 10 clipping it out of the way and then force through that path you opened up, and going up by on side rail by/ behind the 12. If so I like it also. Hope I have it figured out correctly. Whitey

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Ok then, nobody guessed it....what Pat attempted, was to draw back off of the 7ball with exact precision, in order to leave me on the foot rail and froze against the side of the 14ball...

And I give major props to Pat here - he hit it great/almost perfect - just about executed it like Efren (y) I'm sure I wouldn't have executed it as well as Pat did...

So Pat did kill whitey dead on the rail, and he did get me snookered on the 1ball, but he just missed by 1/8" getting that key second snookering of me on the 6ball = just barely, I could see the middle of the 6ball to escape...here's how his shot turned out >>>

P.S. I've put up several wwyd's where Pat didn't hit his shot too well, so youse guys give him a tap on your pool cue, or on your mouse :) for his excellent cueball/execution with this shot.

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
Yes, Whitey, you saw it just as I did. Your approval, like Dr. Bill's, is most encouraging. You also, Tobermory - good eye from 'way out in left field! (y)

Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Heh. If it didn't take a riverboat up the Klamath, and 3 days hike with an Indian guide, I'd come up there and we could trade some knowledge....😄
If you guys promised not to rob me,v I would come and we could have a quartet

beatle

Verified Member
nice cueball control or sure. but he knocked away two of his balls and tied up one up table and left you an easy way to knock away another one.
he could have just laid up on the 14 with a kick if he wanted to be there.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Shoot into the 14 and double kiss whitey up by the side. 14 should basically stay within about a 5" circle of where it is.
I liked the 14 double kiss shot also uno
I think kicking to play safe on the 14 was about the worst shot besides selling out , you could choose. shooting to roll up on it was , low % for anybody and anything besides almost perfect is worthless. jmo When I gambled I would have praised him for the shot also, maybe it would come up again, and he will remember my approval.