Ghost vs. Pat 26 wwyd

brexit

Verified Member
Why not let him start his innings from the same spot?

Play the 7 into the 10 and draw back to freeze him to the underside of the 1.

What would he do next?

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Pat's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom left --- ball score is 3-2 Ghost ahead, Pat going to 7, Ghost going to 9 --- Pat has superb ball/table position here, but how can he keep, protect, or improve his position? --- wsPd/wwyd ----->
If I could get my cue on it right I would shoot the 14 to double kiss the cueball up by his side pocket if thats not sitting ok I would play a 2 rail safe off the one ball to the same place as catkins that makes it harder to clean my side out also.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
i think i might hit the kick a little harder also to play position on the 1 ball. i can get my 5 balls and out there and if i miss and do happen to leave an easy bank it looks like ill lose only two balls to him.
Brother beatle, you just made me laugh so hard 😆 I spit my cappuccino out onto my keyboard :coffee: sheeit, if you leave me an easy bank, I'll shoot opposite handed and get more than 2 balls 💪

Kybanks

Verified Member
I believe I'm thinning the 7 ball to get above the 10 ball where he cant see the 1 or 7 ball. If I knew the table speed I may try and freeze him to the 10 ball.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Kick two rails outta the corner, short... guarding against brushing the 6 coming off the 2nd rail... intent would be to nudge or rub the top side of the 12 coming off the 3rd rail...anywhere near or on the 12 is good, even better if he cannot see the 6 to remove or cross it...anywhere except long and underneath the 12, that could be bad...

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I believe I'm thinning the 7 ball to get above the 10 ball where he cant see the 1 or 7 ball. If I knew the table speed I may try and freeze him to the 10 ball.
That was the first shot I looked at. It just depends on how thin a hit you can get on the 7. It's an optical puzzle, but the 1 ball seems to inhibit the path somewhat.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Kick two rails outta the corner, short... guarding against brushing the 6 coming off the 2nd rail... intent would be to nudge or rub the top side of the 12 coming off the 3rd rail...anywhere near or on the 12 is good, even better if he cannot see the 6 to remove or cross it...anywhere except long and underneath the 12, that could be bad...
And I thought MY kick on the 9 ball was challenging....:cool:

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
Looking at the pic #2 I don't think that shot is available, unless you go through the 7 with left but then you are bound to hit the 10 with the 7 which defeats the whole point of the shot.

I like the idea of leaving him near the side pocket but it's not immediately obvious to me how to get there

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Why not let him start his innings from the same spot?

Play the 7 into the 10 and draw back to freeze him to the underside of the 1.

What would he do next?
If you are going to do that, why not then just use more force to make the 1 ball. The cb will pretty much stop upon contacting the 1 ball and if not made it leaves a very hard cut on the foot rail stripe. Just my thought, and the only offensive shot I can come up with. If the 1 ball is made then it opens it up for other offensive shots.
If you want to go full out then masse' draw into the 7 and pocket the 1 ball. This might get some cb action to get shape on another ball.

This might get a reaction from the "Ghost". But what the hell the cb is trapped and the Ghost has laid down a tough criteria of keeping/ maintaining the advantage at the table. Whitey

https://photos.app.goo.gl/byrUiogKkcJNYzMH9 this is the only offensive shot that I can come up with. If I have it set up correctly then of course I sell out if I do not make the 1. But the shot is there! I'd love to have the talent to masse' draw off the 7, and get some real cb action. Whitey

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
no i would just of made the 14 and watched you while you shake your head.

i didnt say a ball in hand bank on the one, just a bank and whatever that bank may be.. and i dont think very many would bet in that spot that they could make more than 3 balls. even you being far better than most..

and i would advise you to drink straight black coffee. that cappuccino stuff will make you fat and lead you towards diabetes.

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
Here's the 2-3 rail intentional safety several people mentioned, including me. I didn't spot up all the balls as I only spotted the ones that mattered. I only took one take, good or bad, to simulate game conditions. This was the result; not behind the 12 (or 10 in this video) but pretty close, and it was easy to execute.

wincardona

Verified Member
Brother beatle, you just made me laugh so hard 😆 I spit my cappuccino out onto my keyboard :coffee: sheeit, if you leave me an easy bank, I'll shoot opposite handed and get more than 2 balls 💪
I have to agree with you on this one
Beatles is an offensive minded player which I admire but occasionally he over steps like here. Sorry Beatles, jmo

Dr. Bill

Tobermory

Verified Member
The two rail intentional is doable, but also missable and selloutable. I like just rolling on to the 14, frozen or not, leaving the cue ball as close to it as possible, and letting him figure out what to do next. My next opportunity will be better than this one.

I don't like the kick shot on the 14 because my odds of making it and having a shot on the 1 are worse, imo, than the odds of missing it and giving him a bank.

beatle

Verified Member
okay i defer, because i said easy bank. i just noticed that. then you win that. but i mistakenly meant to say any bank and that includes all those that dont afford position or where you are even the favorite to make it. lump that all together.
my apologies for and ask for repentance.

12squared

Verified Member
The two rail intentional is doable, but also missable and selloutable. I like just rolling on to the 14, frozen or not, leaving the cue ball as close to it as possible, and letting him figure out what to do next.
You're right that freezing the cueball to the side of the 10 would be a good option, but to me I find it harder to control the speed kicking one rail vs multiple rails using natural running English, plus kicking to the 10 looks like a much smaller target. If executed, I like falling on the 10 too, but again that is harder for me to judge. That's why there's chocolate and vanilla ice cream. 😀