Ghost vs. Pat 26 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Pat's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom left --- ball score is 3-2 Ghost ahead, Pat going to 7, Ghost going to 9 --- Pat has superb ball/table position here, but how can he keep, protect, or improve his position? --- wsPd/wwyd ----->

Island Drive

Verified Member
Shoot the 5, follow cue ball to head rail. Bank carom the 5 off the head rail behind that strip, moving both balls to your side and freeze em on the head rail.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Shoot the 5, follow cue ball to head rail. Bank carom the 5 off the head rail behind that strip, moving both balls to your side and freeze em on the head rail.
Sorry Bill, but as pic #2 shows, the 1 and 7 are blocking you from hitting the 5ball.

vapros

Verified Member
I will force follow to get near the upper right pocket, maybe behind the stripe there (12?) I will drive thru the 7 ball at a very tiny angle, which nicks the 10 and crosses back to my side of the table. This is one of my favorite shots and I can make it 22 out of 23 tries - a valuable shot in one-pocket. The cut angle on the 7 ball is so small it is almost just in your head.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Without seeing anything better, I'd probably kick off the side rail at the 9 ball, wanting to contact it on its north side. Not a difficult kick-- just a diamond wider than going to the side pocket.

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
Like catkins and cincy, I also like the 2/3 rail kick behind the 12.

What about rolling up to the 1 to not let him see the 7 and not leave an angle where he can foul and fram the 1 into the 6 ?

beatle

Verified Member
ill just kick the 14 in then have more room for something else. maybe ill miss it and leave it hanging

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Damn Ghost, I thought you would lighten up on me, but they are getting tougher! I am kicking by doubling out of my corner and go up on the stripe farthest up table, try for a good hit if it is there. But, I want to protect my 6 ball. Whitey

Seems I listed a shot that others have previous, nice shot guys!

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Damn Ghost, I thought you would lighten up on me, but they are getting tougher! I am kicking by doubling out of my corner and go up on the stripe farthest up table, try for a good hit if it is there. But, I want to protect my 6 ball. Whitey
Yeah Whitey...you know I will molest that 6ball o_O if you, cat, and cincy don't protect it 👻

beatle

Verified Member
i think i might hit the kick a little harder also to play position on the 1 ball. i can get my 5 balls and out there and if i miss and do happen to leave an easy bank it looks like ill lose only two balls to him.

beatle

Verified Member
might get your wish and get right behind the 12. straight in shot with easy position to run balls if you do for him.

besides i dont know if you can get there from where you are.

and if you dont get perfect he will hit the 9 into the 6 and magic, all your balls will disappear from your hole and reappear around his hole

12squared

Verified Member
might get your wish and get right behind the 12. straight in shot with easy position to run balls if you do for him.

besides i dont know if you can get there from where you are.

and if you dont get perfect he will hit the 9 into the 6 and magic, all your balls will disappear from your hole and reappear around his hole
I wouldn't be so concerned about getting under the 12, but it looks like there's a perfect path to go 2 rails between the 5 & 9 to actually come short enough to hit the 3rd rail short of the 12 to run into it or even pass it on the high side to end up on the rail with the cueball.

I'm just not smart enough to find another shot to protect that position without taking a flyer. I can't wait to see Ghost's solution.

beatle

Verified Member
watch for a free shot on the 10 ball using the 1 as a backstop for position to run out and no big downside. if you get over too much.